• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

atMidnight |OT| Hosted By Chris Hardwick M-Th at 11:30PM on Comedy Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
atmidnight_samsung_sponsorship-header.jpg

New show hosted by Chris Hardwick of the internet and Talking Dead/Bad fame.

He has three comedians on in a sort of gameshow setting. Where he asks them to comment on the days internet happenings.

First episode aired tonight and it was very enjoyable. Go search twitter right now for #filmpoops.

Airs Monday thru Thursday at midnight, and you can watch online on Comedy Central in the US and Comedy Network in Canada.

Follow them on twitter @midnight.

I'll pretty up this op tomorrow when I'm not on my phone :)

That was actually kind of enjoyable, and I can't stand social networking! My DVR cut off the end; who won and what was the second caption? I saw "proud papa" then it died.

Zero315

Banned
I gave this a shot last night because Chris Hardwick is super charming and adorable, but I actually found myself laughing quite a bit, especially during the Barbie part. The #butt thing did start to get a bit old by the end of the episode though.

Is it going to be the same comedians every night or will it change?

Changes every night:
CC.com said:
MONDAY 10/21
• Doug Benson @DougBenson
• Natasha Leggero @natashaleggero
• Kumail Nanjiani @kumailn

TUESDAY 10/22
• Kurt Braunohler @kurtbraunohler
• Andy Daly @TVsAndyDaly
• Brendon Walsh @brendonwalsh

WEDNESDAY 10/23
• James Adomian @JAdomian
• June Diane Raphael @MsJuneDiane
• Mike Lawrence @TheMikeLawrence

THURSDAY 10/24
• Tom Lennon @thomaslennon
• Kyle Kinane @kylekinane
• Deon Cole @deoncole
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/-midnight

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I liked it but at the same time it made me feel old. I've never used any of those sites they are pulling stuff from other than Twitter.

Too bad he has June Diane on the same night as James Adomians obnoxiously unfunny ass.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I gave this a shot last night because Chris Hardwick is super charming and adorable, but I actually found myself laughing quite a bit, especially during the Barbie part. The #butt thing did start to get a bit old by the end of the episode though.

Is it going to be the same comedians every night or will it change?

The barbie bit made me wake up my wife I laughed so loudly..
I hope the quality can stay consistent :)

Zero315

Banned
Eh, this episode wasn't as good. Picked up in the second half though. This is totally going to come down to who's on the panel. The guy on the left was horribly unfunny.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Took me a minute to figure out what I remember the guy on the left from. He was Kristen Schaal's helper on her stand up special.

kulapik

Holy shit thursdays episode. Kyle Kinane, like PopGAF would say, SLAYED. Peter Lennon was cringeworthy all the time, sigh. Deon Cole wasn't bad.

Holy shit thursdays episode. Kyle Kinane, like PopGAF would say, SLAYED. Peter Lennon was cringeworthy all the time, sigh. Deon Cole wasn't bad.

I think lenon was doing that on purpose. I love how every episode at least one comedian gets silently pissed at the way the buzzer works.

Looks like this show is a hit.

Comedy Central’s “@midnight,” a new talkshow/gameshow hybrid that pokes fun at social media, scored well among its target young viewers last week.

The Chris Hardwick-hosted program, airing weeknights after “The Colbert Report,” was the No. 3 latenight cable talkshow in adults 18-34 for the week of Oct. 21, averaging 297,000 viewers, according to Nielsen. It retained nearly 90% of “Colbert’s” 18-34 audience (336,000) and outperformed TBS’ “Conan” (242,000) and E!’s “Chelsea Lately” (127,000) among others.

“@midnight” had the lowest median age of any talkshow last week — 33.

Among men 18-24 (94,000) and 18-34 (223,000), “@midnight” built on “Colbert Report” and placed second only to the network’s “Daily Show,” which airs an hour earlier and was No. 1 among cable talkshows in all categories.

In these male demos, the four-night premiere-week audience of “@midnight” also compares favorably to the recent averages of broadcast talkshows. Its 223,000 men 18-34 last week was larger than the October average of NBC’s “Tonight Show With Jay Leno” (168,000) and “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” (152,000), ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” (123,000) and CBS’ “Late Show With David Letterman” (91,000), according to Nielsen data for original episodes.

In total viewers, “@midnight” averaged 609,000 viewers in its first week, retaining about half of its “Colbert Report” audience (1.2 million). “Daily Show” averaged 1.62 million.

Not surprisingly, the signature segment of “@midnight” was a big success on Twitter, generating trending topics during each episode. It was also ranked by SocialGuide as the new Late Fringe category’s top entertainment series for four of its first six episodes (including two this week).

Pretty great to hear. This probably means that Comedy Central will order more episodes hopefully.

pizza dog

Banned
This show is seriously a problem it's kept me up late more days than not the last few weeks. I'm really surprised by how good it is. A+ Chris Hardwick.

Bad news for those hooked. Season ends this week :(

Guess it was only a limited tryout run until they decide on a second season, which I'm sure is gonna happen. They haven't said it on the show, but they've mentioned it on the Nerdist podcast a few times.

jacobs34

From what I saw of this first run of episodes I'm in. Hopefully the show will get picked up and they will be able to keep bringing on good guests.

Guess it was only a limited tryout run until they decide on a second season, which I'm sure is gonna happen. They haven't said it on the show, but they've mentioned it on the Nerdist podcast a few times.
Oh man, what? That's disappointing news, hope they bring it back fast!

Yeah, it is only scheduled for a four week run.

But, totally expecting this to become a regular thing considering how popular it has gotten.

Hope they announce new episodes soon cause I don't want to watch anything else during my lunch breaks. D:

I like how episodes are recorded the same day it airs. Reading the GAF topic on Mexican cartel selfies and then watching the comedians take their shot on the subject last night was relevant and cool

Comedy Central’s ‘@Midnight’ Gets 40-Week Pickup

UPDATE 9:08 PM: Chris Hardwick just confirmed the pickup news on @midnight, announcing that the show will return with new episodes on Jan. 4.

EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central’s late-night block is officially expanding to 2.5 hours. I’ve learned that after a successful four-week trial run, which ends tonight, the network’s newest late-night entry, midnight show @midnight hosted by Chris Hardwick and produced by Funny or Die, is being given a big vote of confidence with a 40-week pickup.

Best news of the night.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
God damn I love Thomas Lennon. Also glad the show got picked up, it's a great chaser for Daily Show/Colbert, and Hardwick is a good guy

Yep, good news! Nothing else to watch at midnight other than Jay Leno/David Letterman's guests. Also, if any of you like Doug Bensons schtick like me, check out his podcast on youtube. He gets the person he's interviewing high on set while he tries to conduct the interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom