• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

atMidnight |OT| Hosted By Chris Hardwick M-Th at 11:30PM on Comedy Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Cody

2pvGRK3.jpg

Will Ferrell on tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE1JX53lXUo&hd=1

atomsk

Party Pooper
So uh, dudes unboxing the WWE figure are friends of mine (I was in the room when that was being filmed actually)

Unlike other TV shows who have used clips off his youtube channel, Comedy Central never contacted or paid him.

A few more non-comedians this week. Dominic Monaghan tonight. Wil Wheaton tomorrow.

Now that CM Punk is appearing on Talking Dead this week I wonder if he'll reschedule for @Midnight soon.

Its back this week.
MONDAY 3/24
• W. Kamau Bell @wkamaubell
• Hannibal Buress @hannibalburess
• Eliza Skinner @elizaskinner

TUESDAY 3/25
• Jenny Johnson @JennyJohnsonHi5
• Mike Lawrence @TheMikeLawrence
• Todd Barry @toddbarry

WEDNESDAY 3/26
• Neal Brennan @nealbrennan
• Dan Levy @danlevy

THURSDAY 3/27
• Greg Proops @GregProops
• Michelle Buteau @MichelleButeau
• Ben Kronberg @benkronberg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Really looking forward to Monday's show. I really liked Bell's show on FX and was sad when it got canceled. Him and Hannibal on the same episode is going to be great.

Also Todd Barry should be insanely good on Tuesday, too.

Tom_Cody

Posehn and Kapatrick are both on a DnD podcast on the nerdist network. He is really good on that.
This reminds me that I really need to check out that podcast. To anyone who cares, it's called Nerd Poker.

Btw, the correct spelling of that comedian's name is Blaine Capatch. He's on the Dana Gould Hour from time to time. Very funny guy.

No @midnight this week because colbert is off, i guess to celebrate is upcoming promotion.

Tuesday is going to be the show to watch. Jessica and Lennon are master improvisers.

next shows are
MONDAY 4/21
• Nick Swardson@NickSwardson
• Marlon Wayans @MarlonWayans
• Kerri Kenney-Silver @KerriKenney

TUESDAY 4/22
• Jessica St. Clair @Jessica_StClair
• Lennon Parham @lennonparham
• Rob Heubel @robhuebel

WEDNESDAY 4/23
• Paul Scheer @paulscheer

THURSDAY 4/24
• Thomas Lennon @thomaslennon
• April Richardson @Apey

Tom_Cody

No @midnight this week because colbert is off, i guess to celebrate is upcoming promotion.

Tuesday is going to be the show to watch. Jessica and Lennon are master improvisers.

next shows are
MONDAY 4/21
• Nick Swardson@NickSwardson
• Marlon Wayans @MarlonWayans
• Kerri Kenney-Silver @KerriKenney

TUESDAY 4/22
• Jessica St. Clair @Jessica_StClair
• Lennon Parham @lennonparham
• Rob Heubel @robhuebel

WEDNESDAY 4/23
• Paul Scheer @paulscheer

THURSDAY 4/24
• Thomas Lennon @thomaslennon
• April Richardson @Apey
Nice schedule.

I will be interested to see what Marlon Wayans does with this format and Nick Swardson is great off the cuff. He was great on Norm Macdonald's podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnjQKZpmRC0

I agree regarding Parham and St. Clair, but why omit Huebel? He's one of the all time great UCB alums.

Scheer is always awesome. His podcast is one of may favorites.

Thomas Lennon is always solid on this show and I have a massive crush on April Richardson.

gnFbFwN.jpg

Tom_Cody

Huebel is amazing. Im just still sad the Best Friends Forever didnt work out.
I have enjoyed them both on podcasts and other things but I honestly didn't enjoy that show very much. I was excited to check it out after they came on HDTGM to promote it but I just couldn't get into it.

Edit: St. Clair is also really great on Review.

kulapik

I have enjoyed them both on podcasts and other things but I honestly didn't enjoy that show very much. I was excited to check it out after they came on HDTGM to promote it but I just couldn't get into it.

They have a new show coming next week on USA Network called Playing House.

Andy Daly killed it.

I would love to have an all "character" show of @midnight with Daly as Don Dimelo, Paul F as Werner and Dan Van Kirk as Marky Mark.

Tamanon

Banned
I love the show, but I would be okay if they never invited Doug Benson back again. Dude's a one-trick pony, and he doesn't even do the trick well any more.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I love the show, but I would be okay if they never invited Doug Benson back again. Dude's a one-trick pony, and he doesn't even do the trick well any more.

It's sad that he found that niche and has decided to milk it for everything it is worth.

I remember his pre-Pot Head stand-up and TV appearances and he is better than just getting a laugh because, oh-ho-ho he smokes pot!

A bunch of really solid episodes lately. The one last week with Whitney Cummings, Moshe Kasher, and Matt L. Jones (Badger from Breaking Bad) was fantastic. I was really surprised at how funny Badger was. Actors can be kind of hit or miss on the show. I guess he has a comedy background.

The grapefruit segment killed me:
http://www.cc.com/episodes/663dxt/-midnight-wednesday--may-21--2014-season-1-ep-01069
(the segment starts at 11:50)

Oh my god.

ibnoxWINjIOAM9.gif
Agreed, that was an amazing episode. I hate when the show takes weeks off, though! I needs my fix!

Heather Anne Campbell is on tonight. For those who don't know, she's also a GAF member. From the Whose Line thread:
Hey guys, if you're interested, my episode of @midnight is tomorrow. I know it's not Whose Line and I'm not trying to hijack the thread -- but they say Whose Line in my intro, so it counts, right? Ugghghgh.

Gila

So whats the premise of this show? I love his Nerdist podcast interviews but this appears to have several guests. What are usual topics in discussion or what happens on the show?

Tom_Cody

Heather Anne Campbell is on tonight. For those who don't know, she's also a GAF member. From the Whose Line thread:
Cool!

I watch basically every episode anyway but I will look forward to this one.

So whats the premise of this show? I love his Nerdist podcast interviews but this appears to have several guests. What are usual topics in discussion or what happens on the show?
The format is completely different from the podcast. Basically it's just a format that allows comedians to be funny for 30 minutes (well, actually 22).

The conceit it that it is a game show. They present topics which are usual based around viral pictures, videos, etc. that are trending online that day and the comedians make jokes about them. Good jokes are reward with points and once everyone has had their say they move onto the next topic. It's sort of like The Soup or Tosh.0 except there are 4 people going at once and it's (at least mostly) improvised.

They shoot like 45 minutes for every 22 minute episode so it ends up being very tightly edited. It is consistently hilarious.

Awesome! She best win the internet! And she should also get up in this thread!

Loved that they've been doing game content this week (despite a few slightly-weak episodes), hope the trend continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom