• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comedy Central's The President Show, hosted by Trump (impersonator Tony Atamanuik)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the guy's Ventura impression got me more than the Bernie and Trump ones. Who is that?

"Why would you be afraid Howard, I live in a cabana I live a life of peace" lol

James Adomian, he does a lot of great impressions. Good thing to listen to him on is comedy bang bang podcast

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This is the guy who does Trump on Howard Stern, after hearing his voice only I'm surprised how well he can perform visually as him too.

James Adomian, he does a lot of great impressions. Good thing to listen to him on is comedy bang bang podcast
Yeah, along with CBB he's a regular on Stern and he also sits in on the show as Jesse Ventura, probably one of my all time favorite impersonations.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

They did their Bernie V Trump thing on the podcast last year and it was fantastic. Gilbert Gottfried was also in that episode, which was weird but wonderful.

Dalek

This is the guy who does Trump on Howard Stern, after hearing his voice only I'm surprised how well he can perform visually as him too.

Yeah, along with CBB he's a regular on Stern and he also sits in on the show as Jesse Ventura, probably one of my all time favorite impersonations.

The funniest thing in recent memory in the show was him pretending to be Jesse Ventura and talking to Howard from Gary's office. He sounds exactly like Jesse and has all the mannerisms and catchphrases down pat.

"Follow the money."

What's amazing is-who in the world works on an impression of Jesse Ventura of all people?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
His mannerisms are perfect. Everything else needs a lot of work.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The funniest thing in recent memory in the show was him pretending to be Jesse Ventura and talking to Howard from Gary's office. He sounds exactly like Jesse and has all the mannerisms and catchphrases down pat.

"Follow the money."
Robin is a hologram.

(That's more true than you'd think these day :( )

I was hoping the guy who impersonated Trump on The Nightly Show, Bob Dibuono, would host this but oh well. To me, no one even comes close to DiBuono's impression!

SoulUnison

Banned
I really can't stomach more than a few minutes of this kind of thing at a time.
Even a fake Trump is too depressing to find much humor in.

That said, I'm interested in this show just for the weekly meltdowns it'll instigate on the actual President of the United State's Twitter.

He does better impression that Baldwin, but he's way on the nose with his humor and lacks wit. Maybe they ought takes some cues from the writing of the Colbert Report. But maybe they'll find they're footing soon, hopefully before the Trump-based humor really feels played out and overdone.

zethren

Banned
I'm not interested in watching a show about him, even if it's mocking him.

BUT I am excited for his eventual meltdown over this.

dopplr

That segment where he's in New York was hilarious - him getting on all fours on the sidewalk and the truck part. The in studio stuff wasn't very funny - 3/10 some funny jokes but mostly terrible stuff.

impirius

WHAT IF THERE WAS A BIG TRUCK

Pretty good opening episode. The studio segments will probably take a bit of time to figure out, but that's fine.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
As a big fan of the impression before the show... the show itself is pretty rough imo. There are some moments and ideas but they need some time to figure it out.

EDIT: The interview was probably my favorite part.

NimbusD

This show is continuing to be great. Really loving the ending monologues that really drive the knife in so you don't forget how serious this shit is after a half hour of comedy

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, I really like the show. Just wish the theme is woven in a bit outside of the opening Press Conference and the Farewell Address.

Good show so far, I really like Anthony as trump, his voice is hilarious. I like the bits where he goes outside and people talk shot like that little girl last night that said he was an embarrassment to the world lol

fauxtrot

Banned
I decided to give the first episode a shot and it was a little jarring at first, but pretty funny at times... until the "on the street" segment in New York. That bit alone encapsulates so much about the essence of Trump that it absolutely slayed me. I was in tears by the end of it when he's talking about the truck... it's honestly the funniest Trump-related sketch I have ever seen.

If nothing else, look up that segment. If you've been at least semi-following the threads about Trump that pop up on GAF since the election, all those little weird things about him we've heard about him come together into some truly sharp comedy.

Snaku

Banned
Has anybody been watching this? The playing with kids temper tantrum and the Psycho closing segment brought me to fucking tears. Haven't laughed this hard in forever. Really needed it after this shit show of a week in DC.

Donny Goes to School

pestul

It's a weekly show, but boy do they do a great job of cramming the latest news into the comedy writing. I actually worry about the guy when he's doing bits out on the streets.

ItIsOkBro

clips of this came up on my related vids on youtube, this guy's trump is so bad i'm surprised he got an entire show around his impersonation. the voice is just not there.

ElNarez

Banned
It started rough, but it picked up really fast, and I love how much it's willing to get weird, dark and extremely specific. At its most inspired, it pulls off something like this, which is just above and beyond what the other satirical shows usually do. Last episode had Mike Pence touching a glowing orb and reciting Homeric verse. It's that kind of show.

Surfinn

I can't believe this thread is only two pages.. Man this show is hilarious and well written. You can tell they really do their homework with Trump and current events in general. The episode with the kids is pure gold from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom