• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Marcia Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazmat

RIP, thanks for the laughs.

I haven't watched The Simpsons in years, was she still voicing Ms. Krabappel?

Fatalah

rYFjiiL.gif

RIP.

ЯAW

Banned
RIP

I wonder how they are going to handle this on the show. I hope they don't replace the voice actor and carry on like nothing happened.

Edit. I wonder how long she has been sick. The writers mentioned one of the main characters is going to die this season, maybe it was ment to be Edna do to voice actor's bad health?

Pein

Banned
rip, Grade School Confidential is one of my favorite episodes.

btw, I thought she voiced Edna Krandel, I've been making an ass of myself.

ЯAW;87551530 said:
RIP

I wonder how they are going to handle this on the show. I hope they don't replace the voice actor and carry on like nothing happened.

They won't replace her. They didn't replace Lionel Hutz or Troy McClure when Phil Hartman died 15 years ago.

ЯAW

Banned
They won't replace her. They didn't replace Lionel Hutz or Troy McClure when Phil Hartman died 15 years ago.
Yeah, probably not. For a second, I actually believed they could do it, since it's the new Simpsons.

Writers did say one of the major characters was going to die this season. And maybe it was Edna all along. I mean if she had been sick for long time, then maybe it was planned she would retire from the show during this season.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So Flanders is a double-widower now? That guy can't catch a break.

RIP Marcia Wallace.

Fugu

You know, I have watched The Simpsons for so long and so thoroughly that this hit me surprisingly hard. That woman brought a lot of life in a character who so barely seemed like she wanted to be alive.

Rip.

I don't watch the Simpsoms anymore but she was a huge part of my childhood.

I saw the Simpsoms we're planning on killing off a character next season right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
She's from that golden age of game shows guests that were hilarious a la Paul Lynde. Too bad she didn't get to do more of that in recent years.

Mr. Sam

"Embiggens? I never heard that word before I moved to Springfield."
"I don't know why - it's a perfectly cromulent word."

Rest in peace.

Anth0ny

Damn, R.I.P. Edna was an awesome side character during the golden era of The Simpsons :(

I wonder if she'll be retired like Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure.

ЯAW

Banned
Damn, R.I.P. Edna was an awesome side character during the golden era of The Simpsons :(

I wonder if she'll be retired like Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure.
I'm starting to think yes. They are going to kill off her character, making Flanders double widower.

Oh shit. That's awful. R.I.P.

Watch those bastards not retire the character.
Nah, we know one of the bigger character is going to die during this season. TMZ says she had been ill for some time, so I bet production team saw she can't continue her role.

This is speculation but makes sense.

70 is still too young these days, but she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1985. Surviving nearly 30 years with breast cancer from the age of 42 is amazing. I'll bet she appreciated every day.

ЯAW;87554455 said:
Nah, we know one of the bigger character is going to die during this season. TMZ says she had been ill for some time, so I bet production team saw she can't continue her role.

Oh right, I forgot about that.

Man, that'll be weird then. I think the Season 4/5 era staff could have done something amazing with the idea of Bart's teacher (and long-time nemesis) passing away, but I'm not expecting good things.

Time to re-watch "Bart the Lover".

Tucah

you speak so well
ЯAW;87554455 said:

The character dying is also voiced by someone who had won an Emmy for the role, which she had.

Pre-emptively killing off a character because the voice actress is very sick seems a little ghoulish. I'm not 100% certain but I kinda doubt that's what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom