• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts enables offline play

Courage

Offline play is now a feature, ladies and gentlemen.

e4uKhTG.png

Saw this blowing up on Reddit, so I thought GAF would find it funny.

I wonder if this means games where "offline play is disabled" will follow.

Jucksalbe

Banned
This does not bode well for the future.

Also, 49GB mandatory installation? How big is the HDD the PS4 ships with again?

coughlanio

I guess it's for people who don't have decent, or any, internet connections.

And probably to tell people when games are online only.

FranXico

I'm worried.

This should not even need to be on the box. Online requirement is not something you opt out from!

Games that *are* always online like MMOs should be the ones with an "Online Only" sign.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It says 1-2 players, but 4 player offline split-screen matches are still included, aren't they?

Jedi2016

What a feature! Can't wait to play!

Well, maybe I can wait a little bit... 2017 or something when I can pick it up in a bargain bin for three bucks or they give it away for free on PS+ (like that'll ever happen with a CoD game, who am I kidding?)

Pretty sure I can "enable" offline mode in ALL of my games by just unplugging the LAN cable from the system.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I guess this will necessary with more and more games going online only.

Samyy

I hope sony nails remote play , such a killer feature. Fingers crossed

Im really worried about this, pretty bad networking problem in my house considering my router is the living room and my PS4 will be in the basement. I can't run a direct line to the PS4 and the distance between the two is probably going to create latency issues.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Im really worried about this, pretty bad networking problem in my house considering my router is the living room and my PS4 will be in the basement. I can't run a direct line to the PS4 and the distance between the two is probably going to create latency issues.
They can connect directly without needing to go through the router as well.

Vita remote play?

dayum

All PS4 games except ones with heavy camera use will be remote play.

I believe the devs of Blacklight Retributed stated during their livestream that the Remote Play function was even a part of certifications. As in you HAD to have it, before getting cert.

Same goes with use of the touch screen. Trying to remember the third cert requirement. Was touch screen use, remote play and ....damn can't remember

RaikuHebi

Banned
Long shot here, but perhaps it refers to LAN play?

All PS4 games except ones with heavy camera use will be remote play.

I believe the devs of Blacklight Retributed stated during their livestream that the Remote Play function was even a part of certifications. As in you HAD to have it, before getting cert.

Same goes with use of the touch screen. Trying to remember the third cert requirement. Was touch screen use, remote play and ....damn can't remember
Indeed. This is isn't going to like it was on the PS3. It's going to be a fully fledged feature with games optimised towards it.

newsguy

I remember reading during E3 that despite Sony harping on the fact that you didn't need to be online to play games on their console, (when MS was still online only) that they worded it in a way meaning first party games. Supposedly it was still up to 3rd party devs whether they wanted the games to be online only. I hope this isn't still the case.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Imagine if a dev invented a mode where you could play multiplayer offline on the same console. I think it could work if they split the screen somehow.

Top Bottom