• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts PC performance thread

I didn't see one up.

Anywhere here is where I'm at

i7 4770k
280x
8gb

I get like 70fps in MP with everything set to extra using SMAA. Also noticed intially with auto settings game looked terrible. Manually setting to 16:9 seemed to fix.
P.S fuck menu lag...fix that shit IW

Here's some screens I just took

737D4897B55A0B1E32E9C86E12C313BA364EE04A

E0F211BCB4547B316CC861A7791A9633A8E8C679

Potential fixes

#1 – Call of Duty Ghosts 6GB RAM Fix
Minimum requirements of the game explicitly ask you to have 6GB of Ram and 64bit OS. If you do not meet the requirements, you can use Steam006′s game fix that removes the RAM limitation from the game and allows you to play the game even if you do not meet the minimum requirements.

You can download ‘Call of Duty Ghosts Ram Fix by Steam006′ and start playing. Exploit was developed by member of the Russian underground hacking group ‘CS.RIN.RU’. Use it at your own risk.

It’s basically a game fix, not a crack. It allows your system to use all the RAM that is available. It may or may not work for you but is worth a try since it has worked for majority.

#2 Call of Duty Ghosts FOV Fix – How To Change
You might be surprised seeing how the game doesn’t offer any option to set FOV of your choice. Don’t worry though, you can change the FOV using community developed tools like Fovely.

If you are wondering whether you will be banned for using FOV Mod. When the issue was raised last time around in this thread, a developer replied by saying “We do not mind if a PC user has the FOV changer mod. We also do not ban anyone that is using the FOV mod”.

Try at your own risk.

#3 – Call of Duty Ghosts Stuttering Fix
Applications with in-game overlay are known to cause stuttering in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Disable Fraps (If you have it installed) and Steam in-game overlay Make sure you have capped the frame rate in options as you may be trying to play the game at frame rate that your monitor can’t handle.

Alternatively, you can set the process priority to normal. By default, priority is set to high, which may be the reason for all the stuttering in game.

#4 – Call of Duty Ghosts Flickering Fix
If you are running the game on SLI or crossfire config, you might experience certain parts of your weapons (Attachments – silencer, scope) flicker a bit. To fix that issue, you will have to run the game on single card settings.

#5 – Call of Duty Ghosts Random Freezes – How To Fix
If you are experiencing random freezes while playing Ghosts, you should download the latest 331.65 Game Ready WHQL drivers from Nvidia to resolve the issue. They are optimized for Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts so they should solve any performance-related issues you might experience.

#6 – Mouse Sensitivity/Acceleration Fix
Games that do not use raw input experience mouse sensitivity issues on Windows 8.1. What you can do is work with the following workarounds until an official fix resolves the issue.

Make sure that ‘Enhance Pointer Precision’ is not set to ‘ON’ in Control Panel > Mouse.
Make sure that your mouse software doesn’t have ‘Acceleration’ set to ‘ON’.
If things don’t work out, try reducing the ‘Polling Rate’ of your mouse using its software. Reduce the polling rate to 250Hz or 125Hz to fix the issue.
#7 – Failed to Start Game Unknown Error
Make sure you are running the game at 64 bit OS with 8GB Ram installed. If you try to run the game on 32 bit system, you may encounter this error.

#8 – Call of Duty Ghosts Performance Fixes
If you are performance related issues while playing Ghosts, you can try the following workarounds:

Turn off Terrain Detail (Basically turns off Tesselation resulting in performance boost).
Turn off Depth of Field and Motion Blur
#9 – Fixing Steam in-Game Overlay
If you have Fraps installed, you may have to uninstall it if you want to use Steam in-game community overlay.

#10 – Improve Graphics on Better Rigs
If you have a good enough rig that can presumably play Call of Duty Ghosts at max settings, you shouldn’t allow the game to set the options automatically as it up-scales the graphics from a lower resolution to achieve 60 FPS.

You can easily fix it by playing around in graphics settings. For example setting the image quality to extra and changing aspect ratio from auto to aspect ratio of your monitor drastically increases the graphics quality in these cases.

By doing so, you will be able to get rid of the blurriness.

#11 – Call of Duty Ghosts Lag Fix
If your lag is not related to your internet connection, setting priority to normal may do wonders for you. If your game is not running smoothly you should open your task manager, go to the ghosts process and right click on it to set priority to normal.

#12 – Call of Duty Ghosts Crashes – How To Fix
If you are experiencing random crashes while playing Ghosts, you should download the latest 331.65 Game Ready WHQL drivers from nVidia to resolve the issue.

Update to latest AMD beta drivers might somewhat fix this issue for those running the game on AMD cards.

#13 – Call of Duty Ghosts Low FPS Fix
Currently the game is experiencing a bizzare memory leak which for one reason or another is causing random freezes, stuttering, FPS drop and other performance related issues. Workarounds to somewhat fix it are:

Closing all background applications like Fraps/Dxtory.
Running the game processes on normal priority.
#14 – Game Has Stopped Working, Menu Contents Not Available
If you come across these two issues, you should verify the game cache. If you experience the same issue after verifying the cache, make sure you do not have Fraps or Dxtory running in the background. Those two programs seem to have a beef with the game and may result in random issues like this.

#15 – Memory Leak, Freezes, Stuttering, Lag
Call of Duty Ghosts is currently plagued by a serious memory leak that may cause random crashes, freezes and stuttering for even the high-end PCs.

Best is to use the optimized drivers from nVidia/AMD and wait for the developers to fix the issue. You can do try to improve the experience by running the game process at normal priority.

Dezzy

Is this game really that bad looking? Why are the requirements so ridiculous?

Edit: I'm going by the shots posted above.

Is this game really that bad looking?

I tried setting everything to high rather than extra just to see how much more FPS I'd get and it looks horrific. I wouldn't want to play like that. But the screenshots I posted are everything set to highest using SMAA @ 1080p

AHA-Lambda

Has there been any workaround the 6gb ram requirement?

I heard the game doesn't even need it but won't boot without it anyway :/

As a matter of fact, I have spotted a couple online, but I have no clue if it works. I have 4 GB of RAM on my old PC and I'm not even going to try to play CoD

there are workarounds, yes
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/call-...-way-to-bypass-the-games-6gb-ram-requirement/

however, when reading the comments I'm not sure you should use it on the steam version of the game :/

my hope is that if there's enough outcry from the community IW will fix this idiotic 6gb thing themselves
I only have 4gb ram on my pc and I would like to play cod ghosts eventually

I'm getting terrible stuttering that makes it impossible to play the game, no matter what settings I choose. Basically whenever I try aiming too fast or someone shoots at me, my game hitches up for a solid one or two seconds. Absolutely atrocious.

16GB RAM
i7-3770
GTX 660ti

sirap

I'm getting terrible stuttering that makes it impossible to play the game, no matter what settings I choose. Basically whenever I try aiming too fast or someone shoots at me, my game hitches up for a solid one or two seconds. Absolutely atrocious.

16GB RAM
i7-3770
GTX 660ti

Same thing happens to me. Jesus, i'm running twin Titans over here.

nOoblet16

I'm having some strange issue with mouse movements, it'll be fine for the most part but every once in a while something will happen which will cause it to become extra sensitive for a split second, which means if I was suppose to only turn a 90 degrees I'll end up doing a 240 degree turn or something like that. Can't be my mouse because it works perfectly in other games including Battlefield 4, also the game feels jerky even if it's running above 60FPS unlike BF4.

Btw nvidia's HBAO+ is terrible in this game and gives out results like the one seen in OP's screenshot. If yo keep it to high instead it looks fine.

I wouldn't even bother with this on PC.

Activision seems to shoddily throw the PC version out the door without much effort lately.

teokrazia

Keep having stuttering, OS warnings about memory and crashes on my 8 GB rig.
The max amount of RAM I've seen used by the game is 2.5 GB.
GG, IW, you put an Xbox One inside my PC.
And it is for real.

Parablank

I'm playing at a smooth sub 60fps at low on my 6850 (I could play on ultra at 60fps on bo2)

get your shit together IW

I've got windows 7. 8gb ram, GTX 770 or something. AMD quad 4ghz. The game runs pretty bad. Totally playable, but when i look side to side i get juttering. I recall MW2 and 3 running smoother on my ps3 phat at 720p. I asked GMG for a refund and they said no dice.

I've got windows 7. 8gb ram, GTX 770 or something. AMD quad 4ghz. The game runs pretty bad. Totally playable, but when i look side to side i get juttering. I recall MW2 and 3 running smoother on my ps3 phat at 720p. I asked GMG for a refund and they said no dice.

Seriously? Pretty bad on THAT setup?

Sheeeesh! I expected lousy PC performance, but that is ridiculous.

That setup is pretty high end. BF4 would run great on it. For this deal to run poorly is just sad.

Dicear

Banned
I tried the game at one of my friend's place, everything set on maxed settings and downsampling from 1440p to 1080p, but the game just looks shitty. Especially the colors, I mean, what the hell is the point of all that foliage if it looks so incredibly gray? Not only that, but it stool looks like the same engine they used for all of the previous Call of Duties.. You wouldn't say this is a game that demands a beefy rig. Not that I really care about CoD anyway, but still.

I tried the game at one of my friend's place, everything set on maxed settings and downsampling from 1440p to 1080p, but the game just looks shitty. Especially the colors, I mean, what the hell is the point of all that foliage if it looks so incredibly gray? Not only that, but it stool looks like the same engine they used for all of the previous Call of Duties.. You wouldn't say this is a game that demands a beefy rig. Not that I really care about CoD anyway, but still.

You know, I assume "Stool" is a typo, but in this case it probably works better than the word he intended to type. :) The game sadly looks like poo for PC.

I find it so pathetic that Activision loves to continue to screw over the PC audience that made this series a hit in the first place.

Seriously? Pretty bad on THAT setup?

Sheeeesh! I expected lousy PC performance, but that is ridiculous.

That setup is pretty high end. BF4 would run great on it. For this deal to run poorly is just sad.

I put all the settings on High, and am definitely not getting a constant 60. seems like bad optimization.

Aquanox

Same thing happens to me. Jesus, i'm running twin Titans over here.

Exactly the same happens to me. Game freezes to up to 1 second while it seems to be streaming data on the go.

I've noticed my HDD Led Working intensively everytime this happens. Probably the reason behind the 6GB minimum requirement.

Anyway, that's just me (8GB 2400Mhz), because I've seen you guys are running 16GB.

Terribly badly optimized game. I hope a patch for the game, and new drivers from AMD surface soon.

I'm running a 7990 + 3770k BTW.

Games running fine for me once I started using HBAO+

i7 920 @ 3.4
280x
12gb ram.

solid 60fps @1080.

The audio stutters during the loading screens, other than that, it's fune.

Really enjoying the game and it looks great!

Aquanox

Games running fine for me once I started using HBAO+

i7 920 @ 3.4
280x
12gb ram.

solid 60fps @1080.

The audio stutters during the loading screens, other than that, it's fune.

Really enjoying the game and it looks great!

WTF! Isn't HBAO+ an Nvidia feature?

I'm totally lost with this game.

BTW, I can't have Afterburner (or any App supporting Riva Tuner Monitoring) to show any stats, like FPS, with this game. Only FRAPS works. Same happens with BF4.

Any clue why?

Toski

Game is running pretty smooth for me right now, playing SP with the 360 pad with everything maxed.

I7 4770k
8GB RAM
Xfire 7970s

I feel like I've wasted money purchasing this game. Even though it plays on my system it doesn't feel smooth at all like previous COD games and I've little faith in IW to actually fix the problem. Just played a match of BF4 and it looks and runs so much better.

Game runs pretty poor on my end. Cutscenes suffer from both audio and video stutter, my avg FPS is probably in the 40's with lows in the 20's, and the game tends to hitch when I look around. BF4 runs much better on my system than this game does, which is laughable.

i7 920 @ 4.2
6GB RAM

Aquanox

Anyone tried any of these?

#1 – Call of Duty Ghosts 6GB RAM Fix
Minimum requirements of the game explicitly ask you to have 6GB of Ram and 64bit OS. If you do not meet the requirements, you can use Steam006′s game fix that removes the RAM limitation from the game and allows you to play the game even if you do not meet the minimum requirements.

You can download ‘Call of Duty Ghosts Ram Fix by Steam006′ and start playing. Exploit was developed by member of the Russian underground hacking group ‘CS.RIN.RU’. Use it at your own risk.

It’s basically a game fix, not a crack. It allows your system to use all the RAM that is available. It may or may not work for you but is worth a try since it has worked for majority.

#2 Call of Duty Ghosts FOV Fix – How To Change
You might be surprised seeing how the game doesn’t offer any option to set FOV of your choice. Don’t worry though, you can change the FOV using community developed tools like Fovely.

If you are wondering whether you will be banned for using FOV Mod. When the issue was raised last time around in this thread, a developer replied by saying “We do not mind if a PC user has the FOV changer mod. We also do not ban anyone that is using the FOV mod”.

Try at your own risk.

#3 – Call of Duty Ghosts Stuttering Fix
Applications with in-game overlay are known to cause stuttering in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Disable Fraps (If you have it installed) and Steam in-game overlay Make sure you have capped the frame rate in options as you may be trying to play the game at frame rate that your monitor can’t handle.

Alternatively, you can set the process priority to normal. By default, priority is set to high, which may be the reason for all the stuttering in game.

#4 – Call of Duty Ghosts Flickering Fix
If you are running the game on SLI or crossfire config, you might experience certain parts of your weapons (Attachments – silencer, scope) flicker a bit. To fix that issue, you will have to run the game on single card settings.

#5 – Call of Duty Ghosts Random Freezes – How To Fix
If you are experiencing random freezes while playing Ghosts, you should download the latest 331.65 Game Ready WHQL drivers from Nvidia to resolve the issue. They are optimized for Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts so they should solve any performance-related issues you might experience.

#6 – Mouse Sensitivity/Acceleration Fix
Games that do not use raw input experience mouse sensitivity issues on Windows 8.1. What you can do is work with the following workarounds until an official fix resolves the issue.

Make sure that ‘Enhance Pointer Precision’ is not set to ‘ON’ in Control Panel > Mouse.
Make sure that your mouse software doesn’t have ‘Acceleration’ set to ‘ON’.
If things don’t work out, try reducing the ‘Polling Rate’ of your mouse using its software. Reduce the polling rate to 250Hz or 125Hz to fix the issue.
#7 – Failed to Start Game Unknown Error
Make sure you are running the game at 64 bit OS with 8GB Ram installed. If you try to run the game on 32 bit system, you may encounter this error.

#8 – Call of Duty Ghosts Performance Fixes
If you are performance related issues while playing Ghosts, you can try the following workarounds:

Turn off Terrain Detail (Basically turns off Tesselation resulting in performance boost).
Turn off Depth of Field and Motion Blur
#9 – Fixing Steam in-Game Overlay
If you have Fraps installed, you may have to uninstall it if you want to use Steam in-game community overlay.

#10 – Improve Graphics on Better Rigs
If you have a good enough rig that can presumably play Call of Duty Ghosts at max settings, you shouldn’t allow the game to set the options automatically as it up-scales the graphics from a lower resolution to achieve 60 FPS.

You can easily fix it by playing around in graphics settings. For example setting the image quality to extra and changing aspect ratio from auto to aspect ratio of your monitor drastically increases the graphics quality in these cases.

By doing so, you will be able to get rid of the blurriness.

#11 – Call of Duty Ghosts Lag Fix
If your lag is not related to your internet connection, setting priority to normal may do wonders for you. If your game is not running smoothly you should open your task manager, go to the ghosts process and right click on it to set priority to normal.

#12 – Call of Duty Ghosts Crashes – How To Fix
If you are experiencing random crashes while playing Ghosts, you should download the latest 331.65 Game Ready WHQL drivers from nVidia to resolve the issue.

Update to latest AMD beta drivers might somewhat fix this issue for those running the game on AMD cards.

#13 – Call of Duty Ghosts Low FPS Fix
Currently the game is experiencing a bizzare memory leak which for one reason or another is causing random freezes, stuttering, FPS drop and other performance related issues. Workarounds to somewhat fix it are:

Closing all background applications like Fraps/Dxtory.
Running the game processes on normal priority.
#14 – Game Has Stopped Working, Menu Contents Not Available
If you come across these two issues, you should verify the game cache. If you experience the same issue after verifying the cache, make sure you do not have Fraps or Dxtory running in the background. Those two programs seem to have a beef with the game and may result in random issues like this.

#15 – Memory Leak, Freezes, Stuttering, Lag
Call of Duty Ghosts is currently plagued by a serious memory leak that may cause random crashes, freezes and stuttering for even the high-end PCs.

Best is to use the optimized drivers from nVidia/AMD and wait for the developers to fix the issue. You can do try to improve the experience by running the game process at normal priority.

http://segmentnext.com/2013/11/05/c...-crashes-freezes-stuttering-errors-and-fixes/

antitrop

They shipped the game with broken SLI?

Fucking awesome, no wonder my sights and all the trees were flickering.

-Menu stutter
-Broken SLI, texture flickering
-Disappointing, dated graphics
-Wild framerate, poor optimization
-Locked FoV
-1 Volume slider
-Massive installation size for no reason
-Strange minimum requirements

Infinity Ward doesn't care about PC gamers.

Miguel81

WTF! Isn't HBAO+ an Nvidia feature?

I'm totally lost with this game.

BTW, I can't have Afterburner (or any App supporting Riva Tuner Monitoring) to show any stats, like FPS, with this game. Only FRAPS works. Same happens with BF4.

Any clue why?

Isn't this game 64-bit only? Does afterburner support that? If not, try Radeonpro.

Top Bottom