• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ayo, Gaf, am I an asshole for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Ayo, me and my boys were hanging out in the cafe yesterday and this guy walks up to me. I was confused as to why some guy would just walk up to me and didn't I recognized him. He was rocking a mohawk (it's 2013, right?) and then he just reached his hand out to me. I did a double take and then recognized him as someone I had a class with onetime... two years ago. We never spoke or anything, but I said "what's good?" and that it was nice to see him again, then I turned back to my friends and continued the conversation we were having. Then shit got weird. The dude was just standing there like some kind of creep. I turned back to face him, confused, and then he asked me for my "information." I had to scrunch up my face at that question. It was suspect and awkward. He started talking in this re..al..y......sl..o..w...ma...nner, which just made me feel uncomfortable.

He asked me for my "information" again, so I just wrote down one of my old emails down on a piece of paper and told him he could contact me that way—I actually had my phone out at the time, but I wasn't trying to give some creep my number. I turned back to talk to my friends and, after a minute or two of just standing there, he finally left. My boys were freaked out. I was freaked out. And I was just glad his creepy ass bounced. I figured I would never see him again after that, since I had never seen him in the school the entire time I was there.

But then the next day... I went to the starbucks near my school to grab an oatmeal cookie and iced tea. I always go there to speak to the cute barista that always draws a happy face and star on my cup, but when I went there this time.. same creepy ass dude was there, sitting in the corner in a sort of awkward daze. So I went online and just turned away from him, hoping he didn't see me. I was double upset since the cute barista wasn't there, but dude was. So after I get my stuff, the guy is waiting right by the door. I say "what's up" and as I am heading out the door, he goes: Ho..w wi..ll I re..ach you?

I just told him that I had given him my email and that I was running late for class. I left the starbucks and went to class. Had to check my back a few times, but he wasn't there.

It's been two days now since I last saw him, but I have been wondering if it was a bit asshole-ish of me to pay him so much dust bunnies. Or am I in the right in trying to avoid this creep?

Oreoleo

You don't owe him anything and you didn't insult him, I'd say you did okay. You don't have to be friends with everybody.

Edit: 'ayo' is really off-putting you should try to use it less.

Roz_GIF.gif

botty

Banned
Holy shit you need to man up

bro, I am all for manning up, but this dude is creepy and I just want to avoid him. I mean, you make it sound like I let dude come at me the wrong way or something. If I had to check him I would, but i'm not trying to get violent too quick.

He probably thinks you're cool and wants to be your friend. You're under no obligation to be his friend of course, man how do you reject a guy friendship though that shit is awkward.

No Love

Banned
bro, I am all for manning up, but this dude is creepy and I just want to avoid him. I mean, you make it sound like I let dude come at me the wrong way or something. If I had to check him I would, but i'm not trying to get violent too quick.

The only thing you need to check is your ego. You only feel tough because you're surrounded by your other douche-bros.

amnesiac

Sounds like he just wanted to be your friend. But since you didn't insult or offend him, there's nothing to worry about.

My man, that's the opposite of manning up. Just confront him. I would never recommend violence.

Man this reads like a parody.

Uhh.. well from your descriptions I want to ask, was he mentally disabled or something?

Otherwise, you reacted pretty rationally, even beyond what I would have done, giving him your email. Don't understand the posts calling you a jerk. You weren't mean or rude to the guy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom