• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major League Gaming Launches Its Own Premium E-Sports Network, MLG.TV

TechCrunch article

Here's a snippet:

E-sports programmer Major League Gaming has spent the last decade building an audience of video game enthusiasts, through events in which gamers go head-to-head with each other. Now it’s looking to bring those viewers to a an owned and operated premium sports network of its own, at MLG.TV.

Now, the e-sports broadcaster is ready to launch its own online gaming network, and it’s bringing along a couple of partners. For MLG, the launch of its own network is designed to help it better monetize its events online. User-generated platforms are great, DiGiovanni says, but they pose a challenge for a premium brand and content platform when they sell to advertisers online.

Will it have Kappa face?
It better
Kappa.gif

hope this does well

Ploid 3.0

Finally, I remember the days of those Championship Gaming Series or whatever, broadcasts on Directv, back when Halo 360 was just out, PGR, and DOA xbox. It also had draft picks the last time I saw it haha. Watching that stuff was fun since it seemed so weird that it was on tv. Now the internet is pretty much a better form of tv and this almost seem unnecessary, but it's still cool to see happen.

mrpeabody

It's like Twitch, except only MLG stuff, and the "chat" is a Twitter feed (ie there is no real irc-style chat).

Hard to see anybody tuning into this on a regular basis. It'll be good during their events I guess.

Harlock

he main problem is being always the same ad. Unless they use youtube ads, with option to skip, like Twitch.

Top Bottom