• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KKK Member Walks up to a Black Musician in Bar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://guardianlv.com/2013/11/kkk-m...-joke-and-what-happens-next-will-astound-you/

DD-at-KKK-Rally-in-Maryland-650x589.jpg

My favourite bit:

This Klansman and I were riding around in my car and the topic of crime came up. He made the remark that all black people had a gene that makes us violent. I said ‘Gary, what are you talking about?’ He said ‘Who’s doing all the shootings?’ I said ‘let me tell you something, I am as black as anyone you’ve ever seen and I’ve never done a drive by or a shooting.’ After a time I said ‘you know, it’s a fact that all white people have within them a gene that makes them serial killers. Name me three black serial killers.’ He could not do it. I said ‘you have the gene. It’s just latent.’ He said ‘well that’s stupid’ I said ‘it’s just as stupid as what you said to me.’ He was very quiet after that and I know it was sinking in.

Edit:

Actually, I had posted the entire article here, but I think it's genuinely worth the clicks. If you're interested, click the above link and read it.

bounchfx

this sentence is just hilarious to me "This Klansman and I were riding around in my car and the topic of crime came up. He made the remark that all black people had a gene that makes us violent. I said ‘Gary, what are you talking about?’ "

Dead Man

Interesting read, thanks for posting. I like this:

He says there’s no need to be afraid of the KKK because at least they make their intentions clear, whereas racism can manifest in anyone, and it is often invisible. He urges those who wish to combat racism to reach out to those who have misconceptions about race.

“When two enemies are talking,” he says, “they’re not fighting.”

akira28

Good read. Bookmarking to share later.

He collects the robes of the KKK members who have quit because he became their friend. It's like a bounty hunter with Jesus powers.

Jake.

this sentence is just hilarious to me "This Klansman and I were riding around in my car and the topic of crime came up. He made the remark that all black people had a gene that makes us violent. I said ‘Gary, what are you talking about?’ "

future curb your enthusiasm episode.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"He quit the Klan. Toward the end he said he would follow me to hell and back. …and he gave me his robe and hood, and his police uniform.”

Oh shit.

Pterion

Little by little racism is disintegrating. Eventually the last racist will give up the ghost.
not so sure about that. Maybe in the USA, but in Europe (especially eastern), nationalism and fascism is on the rise. Stormfront ain't going away anytime soon.

jerry1594

not so sure about that. Maybe in the USA, but in Europe (especially eastern), nationalism and fascism is on the rise. Stormfront ain't going away anytime soon.
Western Europe's been taking more concrete steps (with varying results) than the US to curb those things. Eastern Europe is pretty irrelevant, and we'll see about Russia.

No Love

Banned
What an incredible article. If only more people tried to approach and deal with racism in this way, and were more receptive to changing their views about being prejudiced against other people. It must have taken so much for those KKK members to give up their ways.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Reading the comments in an article about Holland introducing multicolored Zwarte Pieten like blue ones just now, I'm inclined to concur. Holy shit man, biggest news site and invariably all the comments were screaming about how our values were being eroded and stolen away by immigrants, people citing 1984 and calling for a revolution...All over a well-intended attempt at a Zwarte Piet reboot.

jerry1594

What does relevance on the national stage have to do with racism?
What I'm getting at is that Eastern European countries which are all largely white will not affect the overall disintegration of racism because it won't have an affect of multiracial and multicultural countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom