• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Aiming For Fall 2014 Launch

Cyberia

21KakQG.jpg

https://twitter.com/TDMoss/status/406839391131164673

Andrea Pessino is one of the fouders of RAD and Tim Moss is Director of Technology at SSM.

Jarmel

Banned
Then the means UC is probably 2015, no? Sony wouldn't release two big games in the same time.

Not necessarily. UC could be October and Order in Late November. It makes sense to get as many games out as soon as possible even if there is some overlap in order to establish a library. 2015 is going to have SSM and possibly GG's new game.

Binabik15

Please make it, please make it, please make it, please make it.

Don't delay it to Movember, Sideburns-September is totally fine.

KAL2006

Banned
This means Uncharted 4 is 2015 release. Sony would be stupid to release 2 cinematic third person shooter around the same time. Between inFamous and The Order, there isn't any first party games, I guess Indie games and 3rd patchouli do, we have Watchdogs, Destiny, The Witchter 3 and etc I guess.

Swishh

Banned
So uncharted isn't coming ouy fall 2014 like we all hoped for, and instead we get an unproven IP, albeit it does look interesting.

Damn.

Not necessarily. UC could be October and Order in Late November. It makes sense to get as many games out as soon as possible even if there is some overlap in order to establish a library. 2015 is going to have SSM and possibly GG's new game.

Hopefully, really want UC next year, but I don't mind waiting. I want it to be as good as possible, so if I have to wait a few more months, I'll wait. Though, Uncharted always releases around November.

Jarmel

Banned
Hopefully, really want UC next year, but I don't mind waiting. I want it to be as good as possible, so if I have to wait a few more months, I'll wait. Though, Uncharted always releases around November.

Reverse the months. Uncharted could also be early 2015 as well.

Indie games, most likely. But it's not like there's much between TitanFall and Quantum Break (have they released a time frame for that one yet?) for Microsoft, either.
Um next year will have Halo, Sunset Overdrive, Below, D4, The game from Black Tusk and probably a few more.

So what's between InFamous and this? From Sony's 1st parties that is.

We will begin to learn a lot more about the 2014 release schedule soon. Right now everything is pretty much up in the air. Even Driveclub has no release date and it has been hinted at January release.

Blader

Doesn't ND work on a biennial schedule anyway? TLOU just came out this year so it'd make sense to expect their next title in 2015.

Unless that's all been a massive coincidence up til now.

Jarmel

Banned
Doesn't ND work on a biennial schedule anyway? TLOU just came out this year so it'd make sense to expect their next title in 2015.

Unless that's all been a massive coincidence up til now.

They also split the teams which could mean shorter gaps between titles. We know work on Uncharted was being done while TLOU was being worked on.

Shungin12

UC most of the time comes out around november no way ND wants to miss holidays
SSM new game might come out around march just like God of war does

Driveclub-somewhere between Feb-April
March 2014 Infamous SS
The Order- maybe late Sept. or Oct.2014
UC - November 2014
New SSM game March 2015

This means Uncharted 4 is 2015 release. Sony would be stupid to release 2 cinematic third person shooter around the same time. Between inFamous and The Order, there isn't any first party games, I guess Indie games and 3rd patchouli do, we have Watchdogs, Destiny, The Witchter 3 and etc I guess.

You're forgetting that Sony hasn't announced a decent chunk of the first party titles that they've promised for next year (they said 20 titles within the first year of the PS4's release).

Swishh

Banned
I'm pretty sure Uncharted is aimed to be their big holiday 2014 title while The Order is Septemberish

That could work...the order in september and uc4 late november or early december, but I dont know, im kinda pessimistic that it'll go down like that tbqh..

Sony need uc4 to match up with halo 5 next fall, not an unproven IP

Stig's team from SSM has been working on SOMETHING since 2010, maybe we'll find out what it is at VGX for a summer release

So SSM has 2 games (both new ips?) In development? I thought it was only that 1 mysterious new ip...

Jarmel

Banned

March 2014 Infamous SS
UC - November 2014
New SSM game March 2015

Then possibly GG's new game in Fall 2015.

March 2014 Infamous SS
UC - November 2014
New SSM game March 2015
That seems a little optimistic.

I would be surprised if The Order actually launched in 2014, and I definitely don't expect UC4 before fall 2015.

Um next year will have Halo, Sunset Overdrive, Below, D4, The game from Black Tusk and probably a few more.

Black Tusk game is likely 2015. Halo will be their big holiday title and who knows about Quantum Break since it's Remedy.

I would be surprised if The Order actually launched in 2014, and I definitely don't expect UC4 before fall 2015.
Dare I ask you why do you think The Order would be surprising to be released next year? You suspect Sony to release nothing for holidays?

Halo would be around the same time as this (fall next year). Sunset I'll give you. And I don't see Black Tusks game coming out next year at all when they haven't even said a single solitary thing about it yet (all we have is teaser footage that they never specifically said was a game). Early 2015, maybe, but not next year. So, looking at between spring and fall, it'll probably be Sunset Overdrive, Below, and D4 against the various Sony indies and maybe a PS3 port or two.

DuckRacer

if that's the case, so much for the "20 exclusives"...

Stig's team from SSM has been working on SOMETHING since 2010, maybe we'll find out what it is at VGX for a summer release
I've got this innate feeling it's going to be glorious. I can't wait for it. Console launches are my favorite times, even with the inevitable lul in games. At least we get new ips, trying new things. It's the neat time for gamers once we weather the storm.
And with the long development time if this..omg

Jarmel

Banned
No way Uncharted 4 is fall 2015. Latest is almost certainly summer 2015 and that's like worst case if quality isn't up to par.

Top Bottom