• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Aiming For Fall 2014 Launch

kpaadet

Halo 5 is perhaps xbone's biggest exclusive and they're releasing it next fall. Sony would be stupid to match it up with the order instead of uncharted.

Can we please stop seeing this from some marketing person perspective, I am much more excited for a new "unproven" IP than any Uncharted.

I'm just going off of the fact that the teaser they released two weeks ago didn't show anything. Granted, it was only the PS4 launch and we may see something at the VGAs or in early 2014, but to me an announcement trailer without any real information about the game suggests that ND isn't too far along in the development process. I would love to be wrong, though.

I really believe there will be a full blown trailer at VGAs. I think the reason for that teaser anyway was just result of Geoffs fishing for big news for the event while saving the main course for the next one, I doubt Sony had much ''to do'' with the teaser appearing there exept maybe just give a little tease for the launch day.

One thing Yoshida has been clear about is that he is happy that the PS4 has been such a success in the period before launch and that he has been more careful in revealing their titles to avoid any TLG situations. I doubt after that mindset he would do the Uncharted tease if there was no trailer coming at VGX but that's just me. Certainly they will not wait till something ridicilous like E3.

Hearing them talk about the game on the Game Informer podcast a couple of weeks ago, it doesn't sound like they'll be done in 2014. I'm kind of doubtful of this game coming out anytime soon

wizzbang

Banned
A little something from the rest of the world to the US.
Please stop describing seasons, it's meaningless to us and we need to translate.
What quarter is so much better for us.

USC-fan

Banned
My guess

February
Planetside 2

March
inFamous Second Son
Destiny Beta (PS4 affiliated)

April
Drive Club

May
Watchdogs (PS4 affiliated)
Destiny (PS4 affiliated)

June
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

August
Deep Down

September
Rime

October
Shadow of the Beast

November
The Order 1886
Assassins Creed 5 (PS4 affiliated)

December
Santa Monica new IP
What about THE SHOW?

Both UC2 and UC3 were revealed 1 year ahead of launch, UC3's teaser trailer was just as cryptic as the new one.
Yeah, but we saw in-game assets in the UC3 teaser. The teaser for Uncharted 4 only shows a map.

Again, though, I could be dead wrong. Cautious optimism is less likely to leave me disappointed if we don't end up seeing the game for two years.

Yea, I don't see the logic jump that if the Order is in the fall ,then Uncharted is 2015. It could easily be Winter like the other uncharted games. Were they not November releases? Infamous Spring, The Order Fall, Uncharted Winter. I liekd that TLOU was a big summer release though, I'd love if they kept up a big june release each year. Suppose that'll likely be Destiny/third party.

Fall 2014 would actually be amazing for The Order, I'm kind of surprised it would be so soon. I have a feeling the campaign for the game will make it another huge IP for Sony and RAD, but I also think they need time to work on a solid MP for the game to release with.

Withnail

Both UC2 and UC3 were revealed 1 year ahead of launch, UC3's teaser trailer was just as cryptic as the new one.

The bolded are not included and no SOE doesn't count either.

Why are the PS3 ports not included? They're first party releases published and funded by SCE.

Also MLB 14 The Show is another one for the list.

Swishh

Banned
By my reckoning we know 15 of them today

Killzone SF
Knack
Resogun
Flower
Flow
Sound shapes
Escape plan
Driveclub
Infamous SS
Uncharted PS4
The order
Everybody's gone to the rapture
Rime
Shadow of the beast
Helldivers

Journey PS4 is likely to be another one.

edit: also Planetside 2 depending on whether Yoshida counts SOE as first party.

*reads that list*

My point exactly. 70% of those are indies / psn titles.

Fletcher

The only port I'd be fine with is Persona 5, otherwise I see ports as a waste of time/energy/and money.

But really, either sony or ms need to throw cash at a port of Persona 5.

Cyberia

I'm just going off of the fact that the teaser they released two weeks ago didn't show anything. Granted, it was only the PS4 launch and we may see something at the VGAs or in early 2014, but to me an announcement trailer without any real information about the game suggests that ND isn't too far along in the development process. I would love to be wrong, though.

VGX haven't started yet so there's still a possibility we will get to see a new trailer next week.

Dusky

Yeah, but we saw in-game assets in the UC3 teaser. The teaser for Uncharted 4 only shows a map.

Again, though, I could be dead wrong. Cautious optimism is less likely to leave me disappointed if we don't end up seeing the game for two years.

Sony have said recently that they don't want to reveal games that are too far away from their release date, so as to not run into another "The Last Guardian" situation. There is no way Sony will release UC4 in Fall 2015 and I strongly doubt they'd want to release it early 2015 either. Halo 5 is releasing next year and Sony need something strong to go up against it, UC4 will be that title.

Why are the PS3 ports not included? They're first party releases published and funded by SCE.

Also MLB 14 The Show is another one for the list.

Yosp said ports aren't included.

If Order is fall, U4 will be next summer [same release frame as TLOU].

TLOU was originally slated for Spring and got delayed, if you want to get technical about the time frames. By fall of next year, the leads will have been working on the game for 3 years, and the majority of the studio will have been working on it for almost a year and a half (June 2013-November 2014). While it could get delayed, I can see them being able to get it out in that time frame fairly easily.

I still think Planetside 2 is a ways off. Maybe Q3/Q4 next year even.

If it coming early next year we would have seen ps4 gameplay by now.

Halo 5 is perhaps xbone's biggest exclusive and they're releasing it next fall. Sony would be stupid to match it up with the order instead of uncharted.

You do realize that "Fall" does not mean "within the same week as Halo" right?

EDIT: Also, Sony should consider putting LBP Hub and The Puppeteer on the PS4 during the summer months.

2014 is really going to be insane for PS4:

-DriveClub
-inFAMOUS Second Son
-Planetside 2
-Watch Dogs
-Destiny
-Outlast (PS+)
-Octodad
-Transistor
-Diablo III
-The Witness
-Daylight
-Galak-Z
-Secret Ponchos (PS+)
-Helldivers
-Assault Android Cactus
-Rime
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Strider
-deep down
-MLB The Show 14
-The Order 1886
-Uncharted

Endo Punk

Well fall is Sept-Nov. I really hope we get it by Sept and UC4 by Nov. And the PS4 really should have another AAA exclusive for the summer after Second Son Spring. RIME, maybe? Is that indie?

Sony should have something new for VGX next week.

Shungin12

-DriveClub
-inFAMOUS Second Son
-Planetside 2
-Watch Dogs
-Destiny
-Outlast (PS+)
-Octodad
-Transistor
-Diablo III
-The Witness
-Daylight
-Galak-Z
-Secret Ponchos (PS+)
-Helldivers
-Assault Android Cactus
-Rime
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Strider
-deep down
-MLB The Show 14
-The Order 1886
-Uncharted

This is great
I don't see why some people think UC won't come out this year
ND won't miss Holidays Sony has to compete with halo
UC November
The order September

Endo Punk

This is great
I don't see why some people think UC won't come out around this
ND won't miss Holidays Sony has to compete with halo
UC November
The order September

ND also said they will never rush a game after UC3 so it could very easily be pushed back.

Sony will need three or four AAA titles in the last two quarters of '14.

Why would they? It'd just butcher their sales and it's not like MS is releasing anything noteworthy outside of Halo. They just need one big game (Uncharted maybe) to keep attention on them. I agree with other people, Order in Oct. and UC in Nov would make sense.

Dusky

TLOU was originally slated for Spring and got delayed, if you want to get technical about the time frames. By fall of next year, the leads will have been working on the game for 3 years, and the majority of the studio will have been working on it for almost a year and a half (June 2013-November 2014). While it could get delayed, I can see them being able to get it out in that time frame fairly easily.

I may be wrong on this so someone please correct me if I am but as far as I know ND have 2 fully fledged teams, meaning that both teams have their own programmers, artists etc.... It's not like other studios who have 1 large and 1 small team and move the bulk of the studio to the 2nd project after the 1st one has wrapped up. The 2 teams operate separately from one another.

EDIT: Should probably clarify that, whilst one team is not dependent on the other they obviously still share assets and I imagine there are still key people who move between both teams.

They they still have 8 games (5 new IP) to announce for 2014. Probably PSN stuff I imagine.

I'm not entirely sure what the list is so far and there are still minor doubts as to how they are counted. I personally don't see Sony staying true to their original number unless they decide to include ports or cut corners by including cross-buy titles.

mejin

-DriveClub
-inFAMOUS Second Son
-Planetside 2
-Watch Dogs
-Destiny
-Outlast (PS+)
-Octodad
-Transistor
-Diablo III
-The Witness
-Daylight
-Galak-Z
-Secret Ponchos (PS+)
-Helldivers
-Assault Android Cactus
-Rime
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Strider
-deep down
-MLB The Show 14
-The Order 1886
-Uncharted

It's crazy when you think they have much more to announce.

Chobel

I remember verendus saying that there will be at least one AAA game from Sony every quarter/season. Now that The order: 1886 is in Fall, what should we expect this summer?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Some of you think Uncharted ISN'T hitting next year? Like Sony will just go to bat against MS's possible lineup of Sunset Overdrive, Halo and Quantum Break with just The Order?
iXVOup7bLhylC.png

This is pretty great, I hope they can release it in the fall, hopefully October, BUT they shouldn't compromise anything, I want at least a 20hrs long SP, Co-Op or MP would be a plus, but my focus is SP.

As for Uncharted, well I don't mind a 2015 release, no need to push tons of games into the same year and so close to each other.

Yet I'd welcome something Hack n Slash from Sony Santa Monica in November.

A little something from the rest of the world to the US.
Please stop describing seasons, it's meaningless to us and we need to translate.
What quarter is so much better for us.
ha, I thought I was the only one.

Some of you think Uncharted ISN'T hitting next year? Like Sony will just go to bat against MS's possible lineup of Sunset Overdrive, Halo and Quantum Break with just The Order?
iXVOup7bLhylC.png

I don't think they're too worried. Insomniac aren't the devs they used to be so I've very doubtful of Sunset Overdrive (especially after the last few Insomniac games have sucked), not to mention, Insomniac wants to be independent yet continues to milk the Ratchet IP to fund their other games. I want Ratchet to go to another dev, let someone else breath new life into it, but that's a separate rant.

Quantum Break has potential to be a great game, but Alan Wake wasn't exactly a huge seller, and I'll likely wait a while to see if there's any possibility of a PC release. Halo is really the only game Sony has to worry since, even though 4 sucked and the series has been milked to hell, it's still going to move consoles. They just need a big game around the same time period that Halo comes out.

Let's not get carried away with release dates. We still haven't seen gameplay yet!

Wasn't these UC3's trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_J9ma8Z71E and it came out a year before the game came out. Sure, it's a bit more than the new Uncharted trailer but I could still see UC coming out next year.

If Order is fall, U4 will be next summer [same release frame as TLOU].
I believe this too ... To bad
If The Order came out at around June-August and U4 around November then oh boy....
Of course not rushed games are a way better option... look at TLOU which was pushed back and DC from EVO

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
iXVOup7bLhylC.png

They have to worry about Halo. And Uncharted will be there against it.

I love how you say this when the year hasn't finished yet and the VGXs are in less than a week. Take a guess where they'll show some in-game footage.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
UC most of the time comes out around november no way ND wants to miss holidays
SSM new game might come out around march just like God of war does

Driveclub-somewhere between Feb-April
March 2014 Infamous SS
The Order- maybe late Sept. or Oct.2014
UC - November 2014
New SSM game March 2015

Where does The Last Guardian fit into all of this?

:(

I wonder when Rime, Shadow of the Beast, and Deep Down are coming out?
Sly is in the works but propably is a early 2015 title... likely SSM new I.P is mid 2015
PS2 is early 2014 so too is the Witness... Two Betas in Spring (Destiny and Elder Scrolls)
DC is likely in the Spring... Some Indies in the Summer... MM new game is Gods when same with Tarsier Studio and Sony Bend, Sony London,etc...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I love how you say this when the year hasn't finished yet and the VGXs are in less than a week. Take a guess where they'll show some in-game footage.

After finding out the VGX is very paired back from previous years and won't even air on TV until midnight on Monday...I'm scaling back expectations for any major game related showings and announcements. :(

Top Bottom