• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Aiming For Fall 2014 Launch

I may be wrong on this so someone please correct me if I am but as far as I know ND have 2 fully fledged teams, meaning that both teams have their own programmers, artists etc.... It's not like other studios who have 1 large and 1 small team and move the bulk of the studio to the 2nd project after the 1st one has wrapped up. The 2 teams operate separately from one another.

EDIT: Should probably clarify that, whilst one team is not dependent on the other they obviously still share assets and I imagine there are still key people who move between both teams.

While that would be even better as it means the game will have been worked on by a full team for 3 years, it also seems as it would be a little wasteful, since there are quite a few jobs that are only needed during certain parts of development. It would make sense to shuffle the lower-level people between the two teams, and keep the leads working on the projects the whole time.

Iacobellis

Game will eventually be delayed till after the holiday season.

iXVOup7bLhylC.png

Pinktaco

I expect to get a PS4 next year, so killzone, knack, infamous, order 1866 and drive Club (ps+)? Yeah I dont think im going to be bored. Great first year from Sony IMO. Then we also have Uncharted 4, SSM's game and media molecule.. I'm expecting great things. :)

KAL2006

Banned
They have to worry about Halo. And Uncharted will be there against it.

I think Sony is not worried, once again I reckon MS will have the better line up, but Sony will rely on 3rd parties and Indies

Xbox One
March
-TitanFall
April
-Kinect Sports Rivals
August
-Quantum Break (gameplay reveal at VGX)
October
-Sunset Overdrive (gameplay reveal at E3)
November
-Halo (gameplay reveal at E3)

PS4
March
-inFamous Second Son
April
-Drive Club
November
-The Order 1886 (gameplay reveal at VGX)
December
-Santa Monica New IP (announced at VGX)

Sony will have a better digital exclusive line up, but we all know digital games are not system sellers

PS4 Digital only
Rime
Shadow of the Beast
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
The Witness
Deep Down
Secret Ponchos
Don't Starve
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Helldivers
Outlast
GalakZ
Transistor

Xbox One Digital Only
Project Spark
Below

I expect Uncharted 4 to slip to April 2013, perhaps Naughty Dog would make a Last of Us port in 2014 for PS4 to make up for this. As for 2015, I expect Media Molecule and Guerilla Games new IP. Perhaps a Move game from London, maybe even Bend's new game.

MilkBeard

I expect to get a PS4 next year, so killzone, knack, infamous, order 1866 and drive Club (ps+)? Yeah I dont think im going to be bored. Great first year from Sony IMO. Then we also have Uncharted 4, SSM's game and media molecule.. I'm expecting great things. :)

PS4 first year seems way better than WiiU first year especially when you count the third party/multiplat releases. Deep Down (most likely), Destiny, Final Fantasy XIV, Watch Dogs, Drive Club, Infamous, and possibly either Uncharted and/or the Order, plus the big third party games of 2014's holiday season. It's gonna be a good year.

After finding out the VGX is very paired back from previous years and won't even air on TV until midnight on Monday...I'm scaling back expectations for any major game related showings and announcements. :(

what are you talking about? it bigger than ever this year.

I think Sony is not worried, once again I reckon MS will have the better line up, but Sony will rely on 3rd parties and Indies.

I don't see how MS has the better lineup, and I also don't see how those dates are even accurate nor do I see how Uncharted is going to slip... to 2015.

Kinect Rivals and Sunset Overdrive are going to be bargain big games. IMO, unless Titanfall really becomes this huge deal, Xbox One is in trouble until Halo hits.

Phreak47

Yeah, but we saw in-game assets in the UC3 teaser. The teaser for Uncharted 4 only shows a map.

Again, though, I could be dead wrong. Cautious optimism is less likely to leave me disappointed if we don't end up seeing the game for two years.

Being a new generation, they'd have reason to not show UC4 assets now. They're enjoying all of us getting our panties in a bunch right now wanting to see their new engine.

Could still be holiday 2014. I agree with the thought of The Order in the fall and UC4 early winter.

Edit: I'm also betting on this optimistic timeline because of the much improved "Time To Triangle" (©Mark Cerny)

wapplew

I hope Sony WW studio do not put pressure on RAD.
To hell with all the marketing strategy talk, I play game and do not care how you schedule your game to match your competition.
I want good polish game, I don't care when its coming out.
Look what happen to DriveClub when you give dev more time to polish, please don't rush game ever again, Sony.

Dusky

While that would be even better as it means the game will have been worked on by a full team for 3 years, it also seems as it would be a little wasteful, since there are quite a few jobs that are only needed during certain parts of development. It would make sense to shuffle the lower-level people between the two teams, and keep the leads working on the projects the whole time.

Yeah I imagine they still shuffle people around, just not as extensively as some other studios. Also worth mentioning that ND are still working on stuff like TLoU DLC and are constantly updating their engine.

jcracken

Banned
Indie games, most likely. But it's not like there's much between TitanFall and Quantum Break (have they released a time frame for that one yet?) for Microsoft, either.

They have Sunset Overdrive nearly done (one of the exec's remarked they have a playable vertical slice at this point for the press to try), so I wouldn't be surprised to see Summer 2014. Quantum Break would probably be early Fall, with Halo 5 following afterwards.

KOHIPEET

Why do people are so excited for Sunset Overdrive? I mean did they show anything except that cgi e3 trailer? I'm just curious as Insomniac showed it with Fuse that they can make a trully mediocre game.

I really don't know why some people are expecting, or even demanding that there are at least 4, 5 or even 6 big AAA 1st party exclusives. This is the first year of the console, most big/huge things will come out in 2015.

I think

They have Sunset Overdrive nearly done (one of the exec's remarked they have a playable vertical slice at this point for the press to try), so I wouldn't be surprised to see Summer 2014

Sunset Overdrive nearly done? A playable vertical slice to show behind closed doors = nearly done? Summer 2014? lol

jim2011

My guess

February
Planetside 2

March
inFamous Second Son
Destiny Beta (PS4 affiliated)

April
Drive Club

May
Watchdogs (PS4 affiliated)
Destiny (PS4 affiliated)

June
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

August
Deep Down

September
Rime

October
Shadow of the Beast

November
The Order 1886
Assassins Creed 5 (PS4 affiliated)

December
Santa Monica new IP

Not sure why you would list "ps4 affiliated". Never seen people post xbox one affiliated for madden, call of duty, battlefield, FIFA etc.

Agree though that ps4 has a good lineup

Some Nobody

After finding out the VGX is very paired back from previous years and won't even air on TV until midnight on Monday...I'm scaling back expectations for any major game related showings and announcements. :(

Other way around. VGX is much larger, more focused on game reveals than before.

nynt9

The game is said to be launching earlier than most expected and first post leads thread into "PS4 has no games" thread? Man, some people are way too salty.

Some Nobody

The game is said to be launching earlier than most expected and first post leads thread into "PS4 has no games" thread? Man, some people are way too salty.

No, most people (incorrectly, since this is not new information) thought the game would be out in the Summer.

Derrick01

Banned
Why do people are so excited for Sunset Overdrive? I mean did they show anything except that cgi e3 trailer? I'm just curious as Insomniac showed it with Fuse that they can make a trully mediocre game.

I don't get why people do that for any game really. It was the same for The Order after E3 "OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS IT LOOKS AWESOME". Really? The short cutscene trailer that showed nothing about the game or how it plays got you excited for this new IP? What if it turned out to be a bejeweled clone set in that time period? I know that particular scenario was unlikely but you get my point, it could have been anything.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't think they're too worried. Insomniac aren't the devs they used to be so I've very doubtful of Sunset Overdrive (especially after the last few Insomniac games have sucked), not to mention, Insomniac wants to be independent yet continues to milk the Ratchet IP to fund their other games. I want Ratchet to go to another dev, let someone else breath new life into it, but that's a separate rant.

Quantum Break has potential to be a great game, but Alan Wake wasn't exactly a huge seller, and I'll likely wait a while to see if there's any possibility of a PC release. Halo is really the only game Sony has to worry since, even though 4 sucked and the series has been milked to hell, it's still going to move consoles. They just need a big game around the same time period that Halo comes out.

You can't really brush off Quantum Break like that and then prop up The Order as competition for Halo at the same time. Both The Order and Quantum Break are pretty much in the same boat as far as hype and expectations.

No, I don't think Sony has to be worried but I don't think they're going to be complacent either. There's no way the current PLAN is for Uncharted to skip Holiday 2014.

Your level of excitement for Sunset Overdrive probably depends on whether you think Fuse was just a bump in the road for Insomniac or a sign of things to come.

Not sure why you would list "ps4 affiliated". Never seen people post xbox one affiliated for madden, call of duty, battlefield, FIFA etc.

They post Titanfall as an Xbone game though, more or less the same thing really.

Quantum Break was it, then? I clearly remember something on Xbox One was being discussed as a 2015 title.

With Remedy's track record, 2015 for QB is probably being optimistic.

MilkBeard

I don't get why people do that for any game really. It was the same for The Order after E3 "OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS IT LOOKS AWESOME". Really? The short cutscene trailer that showed nothing about the game or how it plays got you excited for this new IP? What if it turned out to be a bejeweled clone set in that time period? I know that particular scenario was unlikely but you get my point, it could have been anything.

It's okay if people get excited for something that looks cool. I thought The Order looked cool and has tons of potential, although I'm going to stay skeptical because I hope it doesn't turn into another game where you are simply doing nothing but shooting a bunch of soldiers/monsters etc.

Your level of excitement for Sunset Overdrive probably depends on whether you think Fuse was just a bump in the road for Insomniac or a sign of things to come.

Is it even that? I don't remember many 360 owners bemoaning the absence of the Resistance series on their console...

There is no way in hell Sony puts all of their eggs in one basket with this title. Ready at Dawn has not created a console game before and a lot is riding on this title. There's no guarantee they won't run into issues and won't have to delay the game even with Santa Monica's help. Which would leave them with zero quarter four titles if it ends up being delayed. Which leads us to Uncharted...

I still think Uncharted is a definite 2014 title (as definite as it can be in this industry) and I would not be surprised to see The Last Guardian released in 2014 as well.

Iacobellis

There is no way in hell Sony puts all of their eggs in one basket with this title. Ready at Dawn has not created a console game before and a lot is riding on this title. There's no guarantee they won't run into issues and won't have to delay the game even with Santa Monica's help. Which would leave them with zero quarter four titles if it ends up being delayed. Which leads us to Uncharted...

I still think Uncharted is a definite 2014 title (as definite as it can be in this industry) and I would not be surprised to see The Last Guardian released in 2014 as well.

Last Guardian? 2014? What's the point? 2014 is already filled to the brim with releases.

sn00zer

2014 is really going to be insane for PS4:

-DriveClub
-inFAMOUS Second Son
-Planetside 2
-Watch Dogs
-Destiny
-Outlast (PS+)
-Octodad
-Transistor
-Diablo III
-The Witness
-Daylight
-Galak-Z
-Secret Ponchos (PS+)
-Helldivers
-Assault Android Cactus
-Rime
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Strider
-deep down
-MLB The Show 14
-The Order 1886
-Uncharted
These are the ones that interest me
EDIT: Wow Bold doesnt do crap in the dark theme

Last Guardian? 2014? What's the point? 2014 is already filled to the brim with releases.

It's really not. Not retail wise. So far Sony has Drive Club and Infamous. MLB The Show, The Order, and potentially Uncharted will be games released later on. If they announced The Last Guardian as an early fall title it would be welcomed. They're also at the point where they really need to get that game out in some shape, way, or form.

Salex_

It's really not. Not retail wise. So far Sony has Drive Club and Infamous. MLB The Show, The Order, and potentially Uncharted will be games released later on. If they announced The Last Guardian as an early fall title it would be welcomed. They're also at the point where they really need to get that game out in some shape, way, or form.

Why do people forget about GG Xrd and Lily Bergamo? There's still plenty of 1st party studios with unannounced titles as well. I think we'll see another 2014 title at VGX.

In comparison to the Xbox One's retail 2014 lineup, they really don't have to announce anything else. Especially if you add in digital titles like Rime/Shadow of the Beast or Everquest Next/Planetside 2.

Velocity 2X as well. The indie line-up of PS4 is fantastic. Hyper Light Drifter and Galak-Z look so damn good.

As for AAA releases, inFamous, The Order and Uncharted are on my list.

Quantum Break looks promising as well. With this and The Order, people will moan about them being shooters, but there's nothing wrong with a good TPS and l can't think of many other potentially great shooters on the way.

Sunset Overdrive is a big unknown, but I like the style of that reveal trailer.

As for the VGX, Sony Santa Monica reveal please, Geoff.

The excitement over Sunset Overdrive is completely baffling. The best game Insomniac made last generation was a title they don't even own the IP to.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Didn't Sony also mention something about bringing Gran Turismo 6 to PS4 at some point? Maybe an HD version will pop up around summer.

I don't think the Spike coverage matters that much anyway, more people watched the streams last year than watched it on TV. But I guess I could see it being downgraded to more of a high profile GTTV level show, with a heavier focus on new trailers of already announced games and less on big reveals.

If this is the last VGA/X show, I won't miss it. I think December is a great time for a reveals show, as it's so far apart from E3, but I want it done by someone else. Spike's presentation is so trashy and the awards mean so little that I just want them to go away.

Top Bottom