• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Aiming For Fall 2014 Launch

I don't think the Spike coverage matters that much anyway, more people watched the streams last year than watched it on TV. But I guess I could see it being downgraded to more of a high profile GTTV level show, with a heavier focus on new trailers of already announced games and less on big reveals.

If this is the last VGA/X show, I won't miss it. I think December is a great time for a reveals show, as it's so far apart from E3, but I want it done by someone else. Spike's presentation is so trashy and the awards mean so little that I just want them to go away.

So it's airing at 12 on a Monday? That doesn't sound great at all. It sounds like it's getting less ratings than the Scream Awards did.

wizzbang

Banned
ha, I thought I was the only one.

It drives me motherfucking INSANE
Especially since the US follow the whole solstice thing, it's summer NOW as of today in Australia but IIRC, it's not winter in the US for 22 more days FFS - making it even more confusing. So I need to reverse the fucking season they say to the calendar opposite, then add 22 days, then since it's normally quoted as a time window, work out the 3 months it covers.

So let me do this stupid fucking shit in my head right now, "the fall" (you mean autumn you cocks) would be my spring, so September my time + 22 days = Sept 22 till Nov 22 - I THINK that's "the fall" over there, right?
UGH
Just fucking use quarters fuck me gently.

Cyberia

Sameer Monier ‏@SameerMonier 18m
@geoffkeighley regarding the VGX, will we see extended gameplay demos for games like Mad Max, Quantum Break, & The Order 1886 ?!

Janice ‏@NaughtyGods 9m
@SameerMonier @geoffkeighley VGX would be the perfect place to show the first gameplay of The Order 1886.

Geoff Keighley @geoffkeighley
@NaughtyGods @SameerMonier Don't disagree with you there!

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/406919416631160832

I see what you did there...

VanWinkle

Wish it was earlier, but that's okay. Could be a late Sept. Release which could make room in November/December for Uncharted. Wonder what's going to come out in he summer.

Feindflug

I don't see how MS has the better lineup, and I also don't see how those dates are even accurate nor do I see how Uncharted is going to slip... to 2015.

Kinect Rivals and Sunset Overdrive are going to be bargain big games. IMO, unless Titanfall really becomes this huge deal, Xbox One is in trouble until Halo hits.

I guess you're talking about sales so why exactly should we care if these games will sell or not if the quality is there? just curious.

Especially since the US follow the whole solstice thing, it's summer NOW as of today in Australia but IIRC, it's not winter in the US for 22 more days FFS - making it even more confusing. So I need to reverse the fucking season they say to the calendar opposite, then add 22 days, then since it's normally quoted as a time window, work out the 3 months it covers.

So let me do this stupid fucking shit in my head right now, "the fall" (you mean autumn you cocks) would be my spring, so September my time + 22 days = Sept 22 till Nov 22 - I THINK that's "the fall" over there, right?
UGH
I have to google it, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Quarters would be great, they are just so ......, universal.

Then the means UC is probably 2015, no? Sony wouldn't release two big games in the same time.
They have in the past. Off the top of my head I recall Resistance 3 released in Sept 2011 and Uncharted 3 was Nov 2011. Earlier this year GoW Ascension and TLoU came out within months of each other. (and the new Sly too. It's probably not considered 'big' but it is Sony published)

I hope The Order and Uncharted release next fall. Other than those, the only games for sure coming out are Infamous, Watch Dogs, and Destiny and those are all first half of the year titles. I really don't care about the downloadable games.

Famassu

ND also said they will never rush a game after UC3 so it could very easily be pushed back.
Uncharted was developed in (less than) two years. By Holiday 2014, Naughty Dog will have had 3 years to work on Uncharted PS4 (+ the hardware itself is not as much of a bitch to develop for as PS3, so that should streamline some development instead of having to fight with everything). Even with Uncharted PS4 undoubtetly being a bigger & more complex project, I doubt they'll run into quite the same kinds of problems as they did with Uncharted 3's development.

Uncharted was developed in (less than) two years. By Holiday 2014, Naughty Dog will have had 3 years to work on Uncharted PS4 (+ the hardware itself is not as much of a bitch to develop for as PS3, so that should streamline some development instead of having to fight with everything). Even with Uncharted PS4 undoubtetly being a bigger & more complex project, I doubt they'll run into quite the same kinds of problems as they did with Uncharted 3's development.
Well they also have to port the engine, tools and pipeline to a completely new architecture. Don't underestimate that. Especially since Naughty Dog has quite the pressure on them to deliver something amazing looking that is going to define next gen and show a visible leap over past gen. Before they show any gameplay they have to make sure it is going to blow people away. Imagine the disappointment if they didn't.

UGH

I can see things like that being annoying but when someone says fall 2014 I basically think end of the year 2014. Adding in things like how many days is just useless.

sn00zer

The Order in 2014 sounds too good to be true. For some reason I'm expecting it to get pushed.

Well not really considering the last game they made was the GOW PS2 and PSP ports which could have been done by only part of the team...so its likely they have been working on this for a while

Was hoping for an earlier release; however, I'm this game intrigues me and I would rather have a polished title than a rushed one. >.>

I hope we see more Order 1886 soon.

You can't have a new IP going up against Halo5. I really hope this is a August/September release and Uncharted comes out in October/November.

So what's between InFamous and this? From Sony's 1st parties that is.

some of the smaller titles perhaps from second-party, like shadow of the beast, helldivers, rime, etc..

people can't expect sony to put out first-party games every month. there are a lot of 3rd party games for the majority. and by overwhelming majority, the people who only have one console. no gaming pc, no two consoles. just one.

I can see things like that being annoying but when someone says fall 2014 I basically think end of the year 2014. Adding in things like how many days is just useless.

The fall is actually more Sept/Oct with the end of the year being uniformly called "winter". That would make sense for the game too because Nov is going to be for Uncharted and a lot of huge third party games. There should be a nice little window where the order can get a lot of free media attention.

Doesn't ND work on a biennial schedule anyway? TLOU just came out this year so it'd make sense to expect their next title in 2015.

Unless that's all been a massive coincidence up til now.
I don't think it will work out that way now that they have two teams

NeoROCK

The Order 1886 in early September and Uncharted 4 the last week in Oct or first week in Nov. That would make the most sense imo.

I do believe U4 will be a 2014 release. ND were on a 2 year cycle with Uncharted this generation, and skipped this year, so U4 will actually have a longer dev time than both U2 and U3.

Naughty Dog have a long history of releasing games in that lucrative pre-Christmas window.

Release Dates for past Naughty Dog Games in North America:

November 1, 1997 - Crash Bandicoot 2

October 10, 1998 - Crash Bandicoot 3

September 30, 1999 - Crash Team Racing

December 3, 2001 - Jak and Daxter

October 14, 2003 - Jak II

November 9, 2004- Jak III

October 18, 2005 - Jak X: Combat Racing

November 19, 2007 - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

October 13, 2009 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

November 1, 2011 - Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception

I'm shocked that some people actually think Uncharted 4 won't be released next October/November.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I don't even expect The Order until at least early 2015 and Uncharted until at least summer 2015.

Same here. The Order I think will be first half 2015 and Uncharted late 2015. There's no way they can show what was essentially a teaser for UC and have it out in less than a year.

Sony has promised 20 exclusives in the first year so we shall see how that works out. Infamous is looking to be a pretty big title so it will be interesting to see what other big titles follow. Driveclub is looking better all the time too. The Last Guardian will hopefully be coming next year as well. GT and God of War will be 2015 or 2016. I also expect a new Final Fantasy with Sony producing it (exclusive).

You can't have a new IP going up against Halo5. I really hope this is a August/September release and Uncharted comes out in October/November.

Why not? Halo is exclusive and won't be on the PS4. There will also likely be more PS4 owners by then than XBox One owners. To me new ip's are always welcomed. TLOU could have competed with Halo as well.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Same here. The Order I think will be first half 2015 and Uncharted late 2015. There's no way they can show what was essentially a teaser for UC and have it out in less than a year.

Sony has promised 20 exclusives in the first year so we shall see how that works out. Infamous is looking to be a pretty big title so it will be interesting to see what other big titles follow. Driveclub is looking better all the time too. The Last Guardian will hopefully be coming next year as well. GT and God of War will be 2015 or 2016. I also expect a new Final Fantasy with Sony producing it (exclusive).

But they did that with each of the last Uncharteds...do you remember Uncharted 3's debut?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Is there 2 teams now split among ND? If so then maybe. I hope I'm wrong and since everyone keeps saying the PS4 is a lot easier than the PS3 then yes.

Yes. After UC2, one team did TLoU and the other did UC3. TLoU team is doing DLC and who knows what else, and UC3 team is working on UC PS4.

Count me in the group that thinks The Order will see expolsive sales. I have had faith in RAD bringing froth a big time console title for quite a few years now.

Racer1977

Why not? Halo is exclusive and won't be on the PS4. There will also likely be more PS4 owners by then than XBox One owners. To me new ip's are always welcomed. TLOU could have competed with Halo as well.

On what planet do you think The Order 1886 and Uncharted will be out in 2015, let alone late 2015! Sony have clearly changed their approach, only revealing games much closer to their actual release, you can see this with GT6, announced in Q2 '13, out in 'Q4 '13.

There will be a number of titles we haven't heard off that will be out by next Christmas, the Uncharted reveal may have only been a teaser, but that team has been working on it for three years, there is clearly going to be a major trailor at the VGX show.

This means Uncharted 4 is 2015 release. Sony would be stupid to release 2 cinematic third person shooter around the same time. Between inFamous and The Order, there isn't any first party games, I guess Indie games and 3rd patchouli do, we have Watchdogs, Destiny, The Witchter 3 and etc I guess.

Unless they released Uncharted in June... that would be an interesting move.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I was hoping 2014 would kind of have a bigger stream of Sony Computer Entertainment releases. Right now we only have two games before E3? Drive Club and Infamous?

Top Bottom