• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Aiming For Fall 2014 Launch

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm not sure about cross-media opportunities for The Order (I think they exist, but Uncharted and The Last of Us are better suited to TV than The Order, which is good for a movie), but Sony already have ownership of the IP.
What are you even basing that off of? You can make a TV series and/or movie off of literally anything. Have you seen Agents of SHIELD? How about all of those other Marvel Netflix spin-offs that just got signed? That kind of conclusion is fairly arbitrary and I suggest you rethink the motion. Especially since I have the exact opposite opinion. The Order is ripe for any time period before and or after the 1886 date of the game, which in itself is pointless to speculate on because we don't know what the story of the game is. But when the story is based around a group of people that
A. Live for hundreds of years at a time and
B. Have monikers handed down through the generations,

That's like the framework for a TV Show right there. The Order could be big. A game every year Assassin's Creed style, a season of episodes released in the summer ala Netflix Binge Style, lots of things.

Sorry I did not clarify properly. What I meant was this.... soon after Heavenly Sword came out, Ninja Theory said they were going multiplatform.

If they had stayed exclusive to PS3 and made a Heavenly Sword 2 and possibly 3 (which Sony obviously wanted, since there is evidence of concept art for HS2)... they might be part of Sony Worldwide Studios today.

Instead they are making smartphone games now. That's why I said RaD would be smart to stick with Sony.
I doubt NT had a choice. HS was a mess and Cambridge has to finish the game for them.

noah111

Still Alive
Bend
Last worked on Uncharted Golden Abyss, making a PS4 game

Guerilla Games Team 2
Second team making a new IP, said to have fantasy setting

Santa Monica Stig's Team
Releasing new IP, In dev since the release of God of War 3

Naughty Dog (Uncharted 3 Team)
Releasing Uncharted 4

Media Molecule
Making new IP, havent released a game since LittleBigPlanet 2

Quantic Dream
Just released Beyond, contracted to make another game, which is in dev for PS4
Good post, 10/10, would read again.

daman824

Sony owns The Order IP? hmmm, if true, that makes an acquisition more probable.

also, how are people feeling Sony is "starting out slow" or need to reveal more games? If Uncharted comes out next year and this game keeps on track for its release date, Sony will have DriveClub, Infamous, The Order, and Uncharted all in one year. That's four first party juggernauts. Not to mention of course the amazing lineup of indies coming.
kappa.png

I really do hope Uncharted comes out in 2014. But it is a bit worrying that nothing big is coming from Sony between March and the holiday season. We'll see if Microsoft does much better.

I firmly believe that the Order should be coming out much earlier. They should have started working on it sooner if it were possible. Releasing it in the summer would give the new IP a lot of exposure. And Uncharted could have had an entire season to itself.

Endo Punk

Gameplay trailer would be a godsend this month. I love how it looks but need confirmation the gameplay matches up. And please show populated towns like in the art work.

NeoROCK

kappa.png

I really do hope Uncharted comes out in 2014. But it is a bit worrying that nothing big is coming from Sony between March and the holiday season. We'll see if Microsoft does much better.

I firmly believe that the Order should be coming out much earlier. They should have started working on it sooner if it were possible. Releasing it in the summer would give the new IP a lot of exposure. And Uncharted could have had an entire season to itself.

I agree with that.

It should come out July-August but I doubt it will be ready by then since they aren't even ready to show gameplay yet. VGX would be a perfect time to show something since there is a lot of hype after the PS4 Launch and people are wanting to see new games. Unfortunately it seems very unlikely that they will show anything at the VGX.

GDC is in March. So it looks like people will be waiting a few more months before anything is shown for this title.

I want this game to have lots of "downtime" like the puzzle/exploration/petting goats/flirting with Sully parts from Uncharted. I don't want it to be nonstop shooting. I want mustache grooming QTEs.

NeoROCK

I want this game to have lots of "downtime" like the puzzle/exploration/petting goats/flirting with Sully parts from Uncharted. I don't want it to be nonstop shooting. I want mustache grooming QTEs.

I want a good co-op mode.

The way they presented it at E3 made it look like a co-op game, but then they came out and said it's mostly single player.

Top Bottom