• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Aiming For Fall 2014 Launch

Pachimari

The Order will be out in September, October or November. I can't see Uncharted releasing in December, so that's for 2015.

I think we'll get InFamous: Second Son and MLB: The Show in March, which leaves April and May for DriveClub as it releases in Spring.

That leaves the summer for indie titles.

January: indies
February: indies
March: InFamous: Second Son, MLB: The Show
April: indies
May: DriveClub
Juni: indies
July: indies
August: indies
September: indies
October: indies
November: The Order: 1886
December: indies

Actually that looks like too big of a drought and The Order might release by September and then Uncharted in November? Dunno, all is a guess work anyway.

September: The Order: 1886
November: Uncharted

Dunno. I'm just excited for more games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Umm, you sort of prove the other side of the coin here...

By their release pattern, we'll see U4 in summer-fall of 2015. Is 2014 possible? Sure, to be 'shocked' not to assume it will make it is silly.

A better way to prove the point would be to look at the announcement dates versus the release dates -- Uncharted, if we exclude Golden Abyss (announced in January 2011; released in December 2011) and Fight for Fortune (announced in November 2012; released in December 2012), has always released in the year following its announcement:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Announced at E3 2006; released in November 2007

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Announced in December 2008; released in October 2009

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Announced in December 2010; released in November 2011

Sony giving The Last of Us a particularly generous development period (announced at the 2011 Spike VGAs; originally scheduled for release in May 2013) throws a spanner into the works, though.

Sid

They said not much more than a dozen people worked on tearaway and most people assume that the rest of the rather large studio is not just playing volleyball in the office space.
I didn't know they said that,not everyone follows game news this seriously.

Cyberia

Regarding MM's PS4 project:

As for what that other project — which a portion of Media Molecule has been working on alongside Tearaway — may be, Reddy and Crowle were tight-lipped. However, we asked if it has anything to do with the PlayStation 4 tech demo Media Molecule showcased at the console's reveal event this year; a demo featuring puppets controlled by Move controllers and clay modeling user-generated content tools. Reddy said the project they're working on may feature some similarities with that presentation.

"That's the basics, the whole thing we were talking about showing our wares as we go," Reddy said. "That project was a bunch of the things we really loved about where that tech was at that time. So it's kind of the seeds of interesting things to come.

"It's really cool, and I hope we'll start talking about it soon," Reddy added.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/21/4645456/media-molecule-tearaways-ps4

A better way to prove the point would be to look at the announcement dates versus the release dates -- Uncharted, if we exclude Golden Abyss (announced in January 2011; released in December 2011) and Fight for Fortune (announced in November 2012; released in December 2012), has always released in the year following its announcement:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Announced at E3 2006; released in November 2007

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Announced in December 2008; released in October 2009

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Announced in December 2010; released in November 2011

Sony giving The Last of Us a particularly generous development period (announced at the 2011 Spike VGAs; originally scheduled for release in May 2013) throws a spanner into the works, though.

By November 2014 there will have been three years of development time, which is more than enough considering that the PS4 doesn't have the same problems as PS3.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
By November 2014 there will have been three years of development time, which is more than enough considering that the PS4 doesn't have the same problems as PS3.

I don't disagree; I just thought I'd note the exception to the rule.

VanWinkle

The Order will be out in September, October or November. I can't see Uncharted releasing in December, so that's for 2015.

I think we'll get InFamous: Second Son and MLB: The Show in March, which leaves April and May for DriveClub as it releases in Spring.
Why do you think Uncharted is 2015 instead of 2014?

When did we hear that DriveClub is Spring? I thought we only heard "early 2014" officially which, at least to me, doesn't sound like May - about halfway into the year.

I wonder if that's the action title that was initially for the PS3 and moved PS4.

SCE London have gone dark for awhile now, I think the last we heard of anything PS4 related was that they were in the middle of creating a new engine for PS4 which was said to be impressive.

Home, Wonderbook and SEN apps. They haven't gone dark at all. Just developing non-game and casual stuff. I would be surprised if they are making a AAA game and not just a continuation of casual game development like Singstar and Wonderbook for PS3 and PS4.

Dusky

Home, Wonderbook and SEN apps. They haven't gone dark at all. Just developing non-game and casual stuff. I would be surprised if they are making a AAA game and not just a continuation of casual game development like Singstar and Wonderbook for PS3 and PS4.

Right you are, completely forgot about Wonderbook. I think I'm just surprised that they haven't announced anything major for PS4 despite being on of Sony's bigger studios and their focus on casual titles.

Famassu

Well they also have to port the engine, tools and pipeline to a completely new architecture. Don't underestimate that. Especially since Naughty Dog has quite the pressure on them to deliver something amazing looking that is going to define next gen and show a visible leap over past gen. Before they show any gameplay they have to make sure it is going to blow people away. Imagine the disappointment if they didn't.
Yeah, but Cerny said that they saved a whole year of development by going with PS4 for Knack since they didn't have to struggle with the shitty architecture (& lack of power) of PS3. The more straightforward & tons more powerful hardware should help a lot with getting things up & running quickly and to minimize the kind of shit developers had to go through with PS3 and just getting something out of it.

What Sony first party devs do we NOT know anything on the PS4 about?

I can think of SSM, Media Molecule, Quantic Dream, Naughty Dog (TLOU team), though I'm sure I am missing several.
We don't have proof, but some pretty strong rumours what they are working on:

• Working title: Singularity
  • Insider teased it will be based on the Kara tech demo (sci-fi, robots)
  • Job postings pretty much confirm sci-fi
  • Some form of online/multiplayer
  • Possibly open world Omikron style (job postings looking for AI designers strongly hint at this)
  • 3 writers working on it indicating a lot of branching, dialogue or content in general
  • In active development since August 2012 by a second team (reveal likely in 2014)
  • PS4 exclusive (duh)

Iacobellis

That leaves the summer for indie titles.

September: indies
November: The Order: 1886

Actually that looks like too big of a drought and The Order might release by September and then Uncharted in November? Dunno, all is a guess work anyway.

September: The Order: 1886
November: Uncharted

Dunno. I'm just excited for more games.

In reference to your first list, why would Sony tease a game two years prior to release? This isn't 2005 anymore.

Dusky

I think Uncharted can be a 2015 title.

No. The only title here that may end up being 2015 is The Order.

In reference to your first list, why would Sony tease a game two years prior to release? This isn't 2005 anymore.

This.

Also why are people not including titles such as Rime, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture..etc? They are first-party titles and will be used to fill the gaps between the major first party titles. No, they are not indies.

Cyberia

Back in july the lead writer of London Studio gave a presentation. On top of that:

PlayStation Jobs ‏@PlayStationJobs

#PS2day #PSjobs for a Gameplay #Programmer on a new #PS4 title: http://ow.ly/reasn #gamesjobs #London

We are looking for a talented and highly motivated game-play programmer, with an opportunity to join our world-class development team working on our next generation of PS4 titles.

This is a great opportunity for a game-play programmer to join our project team at the beginnings of a new title – helping to define, and ultimately deliver, a completely new PS4 experience for the studio.

More on the job listing:
http://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/vacancy/780-Gameplay-Programmer&page=2

Hexa

Nothing in there suggests AAA development.

While that presentation doesn't necessarily refer to what they're working on, it would be impossible to apply that to casual non gaming stuff, so I think there might be something or other there. Maybe a super casual game, but an actual game with story and not wonderbook and singstar and stuff.

VR?

Or that guy is just planning on moving studios or something.

jim2011

They post Titanfall as an Xbone game though, more or less the same thing.

No they list it as Xbox console or Microsoft exclusive which it is. There is no Ps4 version. Not even close to the same thing.

Let's be real too, all this console exclusive Dlc is total bs and simply a marketing ploy (for both systems). It's not even content the game is even reviewed based on.

Sony wouldn't miss the opportunity to destroy Microsoft. The Order and Uncharted are guranteed 2014. Im already going broke from DriveClub, Infamous, MLB The Show, and Watch Dogs.

Pachinko

The Order looks like it could fit very well with an October release, a bunch of steampunk warriors fighting monsters in london ?

Uncharted will be out in November, no question.

Ever since the Drive Club Delay I've been thinking the release date list would go as follows:

Jan/Feb - Drive Club
March - Infamous Second Son
April/May/June - 3rd party support
July/August/September- unannounced Japanese made Sony game
October- The Order 1866
November- Uncharted PS4
December- Something else from Japan - Maybe Last Guardian ?

2015 prediction list -
New Jet Moto
God of War
Gran Tourismo 6 special
????

Chamber

love on your sleeve
2016 at the earliest for the next of God of War.

I think 2015 will be about Gran Turismo 7 along with Santa Monica and Guerilla Games new IP's.

Sony wouldn't miss the opportunity to destroy Microsoft. The Order and Uncharted are guranteed 2014. Im already going broke from DriveClub, Infamous, MLB The Show, and Watch Dogs.
Exactly the reason why I want either Uncharted or The Order to skip 2014, not to mention the lots of 3rd party titles coming out in 2014 that we don't know about.

Dusky

Why do you think that?

Why I don't think UC4 will come out in 2015 or why I think The Order may end up being 2015? I'll answer both anyway.

The last two entries in Uncharted were both announced 1 year before their launch and both of them were released in Q4 of their year, Sony have also stated recently that they intend to announce titles relatively close to their launch so as to avoid anymore problems like The Last Guardian. As it stands Sony has no heavy hitter for Q3/Q4 2014 and whilst The Order does look promising it's still an unproven IP and will have no way near the following UC4 will. Q3/Q4 is arguably the most lucrative time of year to launch a title, especially an established one such as Uncharted. Halo 5 will also be releasing in that Q3/Q4 window next year and Sony will need something to go up against it.

As for The Order well we know RaD aren't the biggest of teams (80~) and whilst they are receiving support from Santa Monica, new IP's take time and this is RaD's first major console release. If whatever reason Sony decide that The Order and Uncharted are too similar and don't want to release both titles within the same time frame then I'm certain The Order would be pushed back over Uncharted. Ultimately the cold truth is The Order would hardly affect Uncharted sales whilst Uncharted could affect The Order sales if they released too close.

Judging by past releases UC4 will probably launch Oct/Nov 2014, for The Order to have a fighting chance in the onslaught that is Q3/Q4 I'd say it'd have to either launch Summer 2014 or by the latest September, anything after would be suicidal. If it The Order isn't finished by either of those time frames then I'd imagine (and hope) Sony would push it to 2015.

Why I don't think UC4 will come out in 2015 or why I think The Order may end up being 2015? I'll answer both anyway.

The last two entries in Uncharted were both announced 1 year before their launch and both of them were released in Q4 of their year, Sony have also stated recently that they intend to announce titles relatively close to their launch so as to avoid anymore problems like The Last Guardian. As it stands Sony has no heavy hitter for Q3/Q4 2014 and whilst The Order does look promising it's still an unproven IP and will have no way near the following UC4 will. Q3/Q4 is arguably the most lucrative time of year to launch a title, especially an established one such as Uncharted. Halo 5 will also be releasing in that Q3/Q4 window next year and Sony will need something to go up against it.

As for The Order well we know RaD aren't the biggest of teams (80~) and whilst they are receiving support from Santa Monica, new IP's take time and this is RaD's first major console release. If whatever reason Sony decide that The Order and Uncharted are too similar and don't want to release both titles within the same time frame then I'm certain The Order would be pushed back over Uncharted. Ultimately the cold truth is The Order would hardly affect Uncharted sales whilst Uncharted could affect The Order sales if they released too close.

Judging by past releases UC4 will probably launch Oct/Nov 2014, for The Order to have a fighting chance in the onslaught that is Q3/Q4 I'd say it'd have to either launch Summer 2014 or by the latest September, anything after would be suicidal. If it The Order isn't finished by either of those time frames then I'd imagine (and hope) Sony would push it to 2015.

RaD released their last game in 2010. September 2014 is four years later. Sony started the PS4 project in 2009, with the earliest development starting in 2010. RaD were probably one of the first teams to start PS4 development. The Order looks super polished already with around nine months left until release. Remember that RaD started developing their next-gen engine in 2009, so that is a very long lead time on the technical side.

The Order and Uncharted are both coming out in 2014, The Order will come first, my guess is between late July and early September and Uncharted will be November, as always. Uncharted is Sony's second largest franchise, it will always get the premier slot. However, if as I suspect, Sony intend to purchase RaD and make them a first party developer, a "launch window" slot in the first year when there is almost zero competition and a strong summer marketing campaign will help The Order and the case for a sale to SCE. It will give RaD some stability and it will give SCE another premier studio for AAA action game development.

KoopaTheCasual

This.

Also why are people not including titles such as Rime, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture..etc? They are first-party titles and will be used to fill the gaps between the major first party titles. No, they are not indies.

The new (stupid) trend is to consider anything that isn't AAA as "indie". It's why we have MS employees referring to Killer Instinct as an "indie title". The whole naming convention has gone to the shitter.

Dusky

RaD released their last game in 2010. September 2014 is four years later. Sony started the PS4 project in 2009, with the earliest development starting in 2010. RaD were probably one of the first teams to start PS4 development. The Order looks super polished already with around nine months left until release. Remember that RaD started developing their next-gen engine in 2009, so that is a very long lead time on the technical side.

The Order and Uncharted are both coming out in 2014, The Order will come first, my guess is between late July and early September and Uncharted will be November, as always. Uncharted is Sony's second largest franchise, it will always get the premier slot. However, if as I suspect, Sony intend to purchase RaD and make them a first party developer, a "launch window" slot in the first year when there is almost zero competition and a strong summer marketing campaign will help The Order and the case for a sale to SCE. It will give RaD some stability and it will give SCE another premier studio for AAA action game development.

4 years is a long time but it's not unheard of, yes it would make sense for them to launch in 2014 after such a long dev time but a lot of things can happen between now and then. Look at Santa Monica, their new IP has been in dev just as long and they probably have twice the dev power and budget for that project, yet it seems it won't release before 2015. SSM's project is obviously a lot bigger than RaD's however and if the rumours are to be believed that they are working on a sci-fi title then I can understand why such a project would require that time. New IP's can take time especially if they're running on new hardware/engine.

I still expect The Order to launch in 2014, but say for whatever reason they could only have it ready for Oct-Dec I'd imagine Sony would push it back to 2015.

Edit: Speaking of RaD acquisition, do RaD even want to be bought out? Wasn't the whole point of leaving Sony (which many devs in RaD did) to be more independent? Would seem odd to go back on their original stance.

NeoROCK

In a perfect world RaD would get The Order 1886 in stores by August.

It could be one of the first true next-gen games that blows people away.

If RaD wait until the holiday release craze to launch The Order, they will have tons of competition as I suspect COD and AC next year will be made more for PS4/XB1 and will see significant upgrades over their 2013 versions.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/gamescom-ps4-exclusive-the-order-1886-will-launch-in-2014

Ru Weerasuriya, Ready at Dawn’s founder and CEO, as well as the writer of The Order: 1886, stated that the game is “still a year or so off” during our behind-closed-doors session

The article is from August 21st by the way.

The game has promise. I'd rather see them get it right than rush it out of the door. From the looks of it so does Sony. They need the first game to be a critical and commercial success because the ip appears tailor made for a long generation spanning run of material.

Ill put money on it this title will not be sitting on our tables in 2014....looks like its infamous and driveclub...and a crapload of indies next year

the famous sony game drought strikes again
should mean 2015 is going to be awesome

least the 3rd party stuff looks good

I think you can pretty much take it to the bank that Q4 14 will be all about Uncharted for SCE. They will attempt to get the Order a nice clean window in late Q3 when you don't generally see many big releases but if it is not ready in time for that window they'll move it to Q1 15. Q1/2 14 are already packed with huge first and third party releases so there is a need for that Q3 game.

NeoROCK

Ill put money on it this title will not be sitting on our tables in 2014....looks like its infamous and driveclub...and a crapload of indies next year

the famous sony game drought strikes again
should mean 2015 is going to be awesome

least the 3rd party stuff looks good

Any particular reason why you don't think Uncharted will be out in 2014?

Iacobellis

In a perfect world RaD would get The Order 1886 in stores by August.

It could be one of the first true next-gen games that blows people away.

If RaD wait until the holiday release craze to launch The Order, they will have tons of competition as I suspect COD and AC next year will be made more for PS4/XB1 and will see significant upgrades over their 2013 versions.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/gamescom-ps4-exclusive-the-order-1886-will-launch-in-2014

The article is from August 21st by the way.

You think we will get true next-gen games of usual franchises as soon as next year? That didn't really happen until 2007 for the 360 and PS3.

Top Bottom