• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we get a "Tales of Hyrule" next? It just makes sense.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
-Good way to sell more Wii U's in Japan
-The Tales OF team real time combat chops apply well to a Zelda game
-Hyrule is begging to be expanded on, fictionally
-The game could tackle many of the grey areas in the Hyrule Historia book (or tackle something new entirely)
-The art styles from both series complement each other well
-IT WOULD BE FUCKING RAD

Nintendo has been collaboration heavy in the last 2/3 years. Its not like theyre gonna get FROM to make a Zelda game, but this looks more feasible to me.

I want a Call of Hyrule. Imagine Zelda.... BUT WITH GUNZ!
I wouldn't mind seeing a few more collaborations. A tales one would be nice.

As Baba has more or less said several times now, the Tales fanbase is primarily on Playstation, so producing a Tales game they couldn't release on that platform would be a waste of time and money.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
As Baba has more or less said several times now, the Tales fanbase is primarily on Playstation, so producing a Tales game they couldn't release on that platform would be a waste of time and money.

Unless they make one for the 360 because moneyhats.

Speaking of collaborations, we still don't know much about the third Sonic game. I'm going on a limb, and saying that we're getting a Mario X Sonic game, especially after the DLC announcement for Sonic Lost World.

I'd buy it. Give it a Graces-style battle system where Link can change his style of battle based on what item he has equipped. Add some original party members and you got a masterpiece.

Tales of Fire Emblem makes more sense

nah wait, I don't like Tales of all that much

make it Fire Emblem

by the Sengoku Basara team

yea that's a great idea, OP, I agree 100%

Cheeky

I thought Symphonia was successful on the GCN in Japan.

Not as successful as the PS2 version ... This is pretty much the case with every tales version. First version sells okay (Symphonia, Vesperia, Graces, Hearts, Innocence) then the rerelease on a Sony system sells better. I also believe Symphonia required heavy marketing from Nintendo.

CPS2

It'd be part of a reason to buy the console for me. I really think Nintendo should've launched with a Zelda game. Mario, DK, Kirby, Yoshi and most of the other Nintendo brands that keep getting games just seem really odd. Just a really strange bunch of characters. Horrible, nightmare inducing freaks. Zelda is cool tho.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure Telltale have their hands full at the moment.

Rootbeer

Banned
I wish... if Squaresoft could make a Mario RPG back in the SNES days and it turned out not just good but excellent... I think the door is wide open for more Nintendo RPGS! Would love to see it happen.

(nothing against the Paper Mario games but they just aren't on the same level to me)

Riffled

Banned
This is all nonsense.

The reason we play Zelda is because it provides things that other series don't.

Zelda isn't about story, combat, or even endless freedom. It's about the tight and creatively designed puzzles and stuff, and Nintendo is the only one good at this stuff.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Why have the Tales team waste their time on this IP when Nintendo has a perfectly functional and competent RPG development team that can work on this inhouse? Makes literally no sense.

Top Bottom