• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we get a "Tales of Hyrule" next? It just makes sense.

Fisico

That doesn't mean it doesn't have fanservice.

Well fact is the words "otaku" and "fanservice" were used together, except Tales aren't targeted to Otaku at all so it doesn't have the "otaku's fanservice" which is implied here.

Also HolyBaikai carefully explained how "fanservice" could be misused, and in this topic it really seems to be the case imo.

Link1110

Well, Link DOES share a voice actor with the main character of Tales of Rebirth. That would make for some inter resting Viva Tales of skits if they made that game...

KUREAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ZERUDAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
This would be day zero for me. Tales of-games are awesome, and Zelda even more so. Togheter it could be dynamite. DO IT!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This is a terrible idea in general. Let some other team with an original idea for RPG battle system do it. Not the Tales team.

Soriku

Tales is grade A fanservicey otaku bullshit and I don't want it anywhere near Zelda. It is to RPGs what the New Kids on the Block are to music: manufactured for the lowest common denominator.

Lmao. Yeah this must be why it's one of the best JRPG series around. It's not "otaku bullshit". Do you even play the series? You probably don't.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have fanservice.

You must not play the series either. The fanservice in Tales is really minimal.

Tales of Hyrule skits:
Zelda: Those townsfolk almost didn't believe us there for a moment. I was worried, Link.

Link: He-yeahp!

Zelda: Do you think we can save Hyrule? The world is getting darker every waking hour. I don't know if we have enough time or the strength to pull through.

Link: Te-ugh.

Zelda: What do you think we should do next?

Link: ...

Zelda: Link?

Navi: Listen!

Link: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Top Bottom