• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we get a "Tales of Hyrule" next? It just makes sense.

Musou has been a *insert franchise* Musou for a few years now making it a possibility. When has Tales inserted other franchises (it being Bamco I wouldn't be surprised if Tales of Japanonlylia has a Pac-Man reference or something)?

Which reminds me Traveller's Tales LEGO games are basically the same so I'd say LEGO Zelda is more likely to happen than Tales of Zerudalia.

As cool as this would be, I think Nintendo should leave the Zelda IP alone aside from mainline games.

3rd party collabs should be done with lesser used franchises.

Fisico

I'd like to know where these numbers are coming from, for my own enrichment not to refute you.

There's some kind of exageration but

Tales of Xillia (PS3) - 632,151
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) - 297,441

http://garaph.info/index.php

And a classic Tales of with classic zelda characters would be dumb, Tales of is all about characters, and with LInk being mute and bland as fuck it just wouldn't work.

zeelman

This might work, but only if the Tales studio designs the combat system, and only that. I want Nintendo to design everything else. I don't want Zelda tainted with JRPG anime.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I hope you realise that ToX sold 3 times as much as Skyward Sword.

That was said after the 360 fiasco. In a more recent interview he even name dropped the Xbox 360 and One saying they are sticking with Playstation 3 and 4.

Heres my point about grand statements. They dont last. Theyre said so signify/validate whatever is happening at the company right this second, but they usually have nothing to do with reality.

If this project is something Nintendo really wanted to do, it would happen. Simple as that.

Zalman

I would love that. The idea of outsourcing their franchises to third parties is a great one. It's not like they have enough teams themselves anyway. Plus, they could add unique twists to the franchises.

There's some kind of exageration but

Tales of Xillia (PS3) - 632,151
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) - 297,441

http://garaph.info/index.php

And a classic Tales of with classic zelda characters would be dumb, Tales of is all about characters, and with LInk being mute and bland as fuck it just wouldn't work.

Oh ok, just Japan's numbers though. With the popularity of Zelda in NA and Tales in JP, that could actually be a winner though, in terms of sales anyway.

But yes, you've raised a valid point. Tales' strongest feature is that it's character driven. However, to be fair, Xillia 2 has a silent protagonist. If the story were somewhat outside the realm of the usual Zelda fair (I'm sorry, but Zelda stories are not the strongest), pad it with some new interesting characters, it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

And they're already working with the Symphonia team for SSB4. So...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Zelda is a game driven by a single character progressing through the world for the most part. They would have to vastly change this narrative/gameplay philosophy to make it fit into how Tales game play.

Cowboy Bebop and pretty much anything by Studio Ghibli?

SHHH I WAS ASKING HIM

I agree, those are pretty good. But my point was that Tales games have decent to great stories, independent of the fact that they have anime-styled character designs; if it weren't for that fact, they wouldn't even be compared to anime at all.

georly

Zelda is a game driven by a single character progressing through the world for the most part. They would have to vastly change this narrative/gameplay philosophy to make it fit into how Tales game play.

Yeah, that's fine. I see no problem with that.

Make it about characters in hyrule that aren't link or zelda.

Or just make them all team up. Have link, zelda, impa, sages, etc in your party. Whatever. All they have to do is set it in hyrule and it's fine.

Mesoian

Would it be possible to have a story about racism in the Zelda world?

Isn't that what the story of the Garudos is? Sexy brown women forced to live in seclusion in the desert and practice ancient mysticism in order to prepare for the one male member of their society to try to and destroy the world?

I'd like to see the story of the Garudos expanded on. But then, I just want to see more sexy brown women in video games.

sd28821

Considering we have both the keroro rpg and recently kamen rider travellers senki i can see it happening if they really want to .

Or, instead of whoring Zelda out more, Nintendo put the money into something like a The Last Story or Pandora's Tower sequel? Or a new character-driven IP?

Gears of Hyrule please.

Link will scramble from waist high cover to waist high cover, popping out to shoot fools with his bow. Occasionally he will come across an unsuspecting enemy and decimate him using his master sword in gruesome, gory fashion.

Heres my point about grand statements. They dont last. Theyre said so signify/validate whatever is happening at the company right this second, but they usually have nothing to do with reality.

If this project is something Nintendo really wanted to do, it would happen. Simple as that.

What.

Top Bottom