• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

He likes to strip.

bnpJgZx.jpg

Yes, I'm a fan of the theory.

The theory that Akio Ohtori is Satsuki Kiryuin's father, or that Ragyo Kiryuin is Matoyi Ryuuko's mother?

In Brazil everything is a flame war.

This is what happens when your nation is physically nearer to the sun than anywhere else in the Americas.

Well he's not a god per se. He's just reached the potential to fight on par WITH a god. (He still lost in the long run against the actual god).

Like I said. Most obvious decision in the history of anime.

what the hell am I looking at?

To the left is a character from Saint Seiya, with a list of his feats (all positive). To the right is Goku, with a negative skew to his feats. The image was in my feed, baitingly marked as an "honorable" comparison between the two. The flame war was lengthy.

Nisekoi 1

Already knowing it's not gonna go anywhere, I lost interest. The humor isn't working for me.

Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda 1

It's ridiculous enough that I can ignore the annoying bratty half naked loli. But it'll depend on how good it stays whether I keep watching.

Tonari no Seki-kun 2

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA brilliant. The reactions are fantastic, the voice acting superb. What the animation lacks the brilliant humor makes up for. Like in Gintama.

Nobunaga The Fool Episode 2 Lovers
tumblr_mzb74kykyA1rfxtzlo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mzb74kykyA1rfxtzlo2_500.jpg

Many of the little moments give this a nice touch thats makes it rather fun and interesting. The scenes with Mitsu and Hide introducing themselves then interrupting each other, Hide getting exciting about the machine and taking command, Mitsu and Nobu just laughing it up there on there on the boat ride, and even the moments with Caeser there all became little entertaining moments. Also might as well even include the people expressions and such as they encountered the Machine in their land that many hadnt encountered before and Nobu just having a mighty good time with it. The ending song is also a pleasant surprise and one of the best this season.

Definitely on the rise to being one of my favorite this season.

Kansoku

This is what happens when your nation is physically nearer to the sun than anywhere else in the Americas.

lol I see what you did there.

But really, I just got in a flame war about which is correct: use "de" or "da/do" before proper names. People here are on a special category of crazy.

JoeFu

Banned
There isn't one? Wow, I'm surprised, actually.

I think there's a good amount of good writing in the show, if that makes any sense. Not all of it is sterling. Nise is really, really weak, I think. But Monogatari SS does a good job of developing its cast.

90s Crab > Cat, sure. Reglur Crab? Meh.

I'm thinking about trying to make an OT but I dunno what to do. I love the series though. And yeah I like how Monogatari SS showed how Araragi while being helpful, was the source of pretty much all the girls problems. He just wants to help and save everybody :(

Nise was okay, and I forgot who said it, but it did introduce 2 of the best characters in the show in Shinobu and Kaiki. Not sure I'll ever get over episode 8, but maybe I'll try watching it again soon as I just want more of the show.

If I had to rank I'd go crab>snail>cat>monkey>snake

Shinobu is just awesome, not sure where to put her! Her Mister Donut jacket is the best thing whenever she is in her teen/adult form.

I want moreeeee

Where's Kizumonogatari? Also I wonder why they left out Hanamonogatari and I wonder how many episodes that's gonna get? We need a date for when it's going to air! I need more of the show!!!!!!!!!!!!

CorvoSol

Toothbrush therapy

Maybe this support group isn't such a good idea.

lol I see what you did there.

But really, I just got in a flame war about which is correct: use "de" or "da/do" before proper names. People here are on a special category of crazy.

Oh man I've been taking classes in Portuguese for about a year now (aside from the experience I got from living there and learning the language) and I gotta admit, grammar is nuts. My tutor is always correcting my stuff 'cuz my grammar can be pretty bad and I'm like "It isn't my fault that the Goianos who taught me this language think "Nois vai ao batizado" is perfectly acceptable grammar."

More Sexy Sensei!

The theory that Sensei (I don't know his name) is Satsuki's dad.

Isn't he kinda young to be her dad? Then again Ragyo.

I'm thinking about trying to make an OT but I dunno what to do. I love the series though. And yeah I like how Monogatari SS showed how Araragi while being helpful, was the source of pretty much all the girls problems. He just wants to help and save everybody :(

Nise was okay, and I forgot who said it, but it did introduce 2 of the best characters in the show in Shinobu and Kaiki. Not sure I'll ever get over episode 8, but maybe I'll try watching it again soon as I just want more of the show.

If I had to rank I'd go crab>snail>cat>monkey>snake

Shinobu is just awesome, not sure where to put her! Her Mister Donut jacket is the best thing whenever she is in her teen/adult form.

I want moreeeee

Where's Kizumonogatari? Also I wonder why they left out Hanamonogatari and I wonder how many episodes that's gonna get? We need a date for when it's going to air! I need more of the show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom > 90s Crab > Cat > Crab >Monkey > Snail > Big Bat > Phoenix > Bee > Zombie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ougi

cnet128

Banned
Nobunaga The Fool 2

Well, that explains the show's title.

I love Nobunaga's sheer force of personality, the guy is completely amazing, but he's still the only thing that's really grabbing me about this show. I'm not sure how I feel about the setting or any of the other characters. So yeah, still not quite sure whether I want to stick with this show or not. I feel like I really ought to drop at least one of the two Nobunaga shows in order to lighten my Sunday viewing load, but my feelings are so mixed on both of them, I'm not sure what to do.

I guess I'll put off the decision until next Sunday. I've never been one for the so-called "three-episode rule", but it seems appropriate enough here.

Super Saiyan God. From the latest DBZ movie.

Haha.

Come on, we freaking see the afterlife in that show and its fighters are capable of blowing planets up. The word "god" has little to no significance in that show, combat wise.

What, does Goku have the power to create life in that state? Is there a scene of him making little people running around?

Nafe

With the talk of anime OT's I looked at my list for seasonal OT's and there was no OT3 for the fall 2013 season. The last time there was no OT3 for the anime thread was in Winter of 2012 or almost two years ago.

---

Shopping in Yokohama 01

:SDBurton moe androids and :firehawk.
This was a slow burner but oh so good.
Some very nice shots, and thorough mono no aware.

Another person decided to watch the show. :)
It's nice that you're enjoying it.

Yessss, these OVAs are so good. [insert comment about me being a bad person because I haven't gotten to the manga yet]

I haven't gotten around to the manga yet either. :(
Thanks for your response about Hidamari since I didn't get back to you earlier. I don't know when I'll get around to it but sometime.

He likes to strip.

bnpJgZx.jpg

Yes, I'm a fan of the theory.

I'm not sure how many people recognize seiyuu's but the voice for the sensei in Kill la Kill is the same for this fellow who's popular in AnimeGaf from monogatari.

i8OLGce.jpg

Image from fertygo ( I think that's who it was)

Kansoku

Maybe this support group isn't such a good idea.
Come on, you know you want to. =P

Oh man I've been taking classes in Portuguese for about a year now (aside from the experience I got from living there and learning the language) and I gotta admit, grammar is nuts. My tutor is always correcting my stuff 'cuz my grammar can be pretty bad and I'm like "It isn't my fault that the Goianos who taught me this language think "Nois vai ao batizado" is perfectly acceptable grammar."
I hate Portuguese grammar. They complicate everything for absolute no reason. ~.~
And don't feel so bad, the majority of Brazilians don't know "proper" grammar.
And at least it was not with mineiros, which shorten words, mix some, it's chaos for people not used to it. https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialeto_mineiro

Mom > 90s Crab > Cat > Crab >Monkey > Snail > Big Bat > Phoenix > Bee > Zombie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ougi

Who was zombie again?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's like you don't know anything about Saki or something! lol

The Simpsons of anime!

---

Monogatari SS 10-14
GOD DAMN SNAKE ARC WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT ENDING?!

But, all is saved with the start of the "Shinobu" arc:
BP3NsoHl.jpg

L1V1Rjwl.jpg

gCy6ERZl.jpg

Snail is bestest.

Your in for some good times ahead in monogatari.

The manga hasn't even reached the finals, as far as I know, so at best they're going to end when they get to the semi-final match. lol

Not necessarly !
The original Saki season went fruther than the manga at the time because the team was actually working with the author .. and they hit the final of the regional tournament battle at the same time ( roughly ) with the same plot.

I was hoping for the same here.

Phi Brain 16-20

Gammon's gone off the deep end. I understand Cubik being depressed, but Ana never went through any sort of depression/intimidation (that worked), so why would Ana be distant to Kaito?

That being said... Dammit Crunchyroll, that next episode image is a spoiler I didn't need.

Ana is distant because she is conflicted between the possibility that kaito goes the wrong way and the possibility that she stay normal.

cajunator

Banned
I watched a bit of Saki. Lots of cute girls blushing and sweating. I should watch more. But it wasnt sticking with me for some reason.

CorvoSol

Guys don't forget the classic:

pRibOXO.gif

Come on, you know you want to. =P

I hate Portuguese grammar. They complicate everything for absolute no reason. ~.~
And don't feel so bad, the majority of Brazilians don't know "proper" grammar.
And at least it was not with mineiros, which shorten words, mix some, it's chaos for people not used to it. https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialeto_mineiro

Who was zombie again?

Zombie is Ononoki. And I remember when I lived in Minas I picked up a few bad habits. Namely "Uai" and "Trem." I used "Trem" for everything until I realized it was most commonly used for sex.

I dont like manboobs or boobs in general.

Hometown > Life anyway.

Noragami 2

Another wildly entertaining show, Yato is the show stealer. Dat penguin san voice. New guy looks like he'll add more dynamic comedy to the conversations as well. I'm not crazy about the girl, but eh she's not enough to ruin the show.

Nobunaga the Fool 2
I'm enjoying this show, even though it seems cool to hate. Though please tell me that wasn't implying incest at the end. God dammit Japan.

Sakura Trick - 1

Yay for yuri! Cute, fun, anime is saved, etc.

Wake Up, Girls! - 1

First impression was kinda meh, but being an idol series I'll give it a few episodes to see if it will grow on me.

nobunaga the fool

still not really sure whats going on, but the blonde boobs is cute.

whats the difference between wake up girls 1 and the movie on CR?

Kansoku

Zombie is Ononoki. And I remember when I lived in Minas I picked up a few bad habits. Namely "Uai" and "Trem." I used "Trem" for everything until I realized it was most commonly used for sex.

What? No, trem = thing. It has nothing to do with sex. or maybe I am saying stuff without knowing ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom