• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 2 (PC) £19.99 @ SimplyCDkeys

UnrealEck

Nice price but I'm waiting this time until it goes on Steam sale very very cheap because of their bullshit release dates. Should be released on console and PC at the same time.

Hasney

Bought.

Unlike a lot of other CD key sellers, they do source from Europe, but they only get keys that can be activated in the UK. I've seen a couple of examples where they bump the price up closer to release because region locking subs started to appear from where they sourced the game, but they honour the pre-order price still, which is a nice practice.

T.O.P

Banned
Bought.

Unlike a lot of other CD key sellers, they do source from Europe, but they only get keys that can be activated in the UK. I've seen a couple of examples where they bump the price up closer to release because region locking subs started to appear from where they sourced the game, but they honour the pre-order price still, which is a nice practice.

So there's no certanty that this will work everywhere in EU?

Hasney

This won't work for people in the US?

So there's no certanty that this will work everywhere in EU?

I also would like to know about how this would work for someone from the USA.

It might do, depends how they region lock the sub. Usual scenario is if there is any region locking, it locks down an Eastern Europe one and the other sub isn't region locked, so can be activated anywhere, but we won't know what this does until closer to release.

Worst case scenario if you bought it, you could unlock it with a UK VPN regardless.

luffeN

It might do, depends how they region lock the sub.

Worst case scenario if you bought it, you could unlock it with a UK VPN regardless.

They don't mention it on the site if it is UK only. Will I still get my money back if it doesn't work in my country?

Are the only bonus items for pre-ordering the extra stuff that comes with the Black Armor edition/Collector's edition, like the special case, statues, etc? Or are there in-game items of some sort?

BPoole

It might do, depends how they region lock the sub. Usual scenario is if there is any region locking, it locks down an Eastern Europe one and the other sub isn't region locked, so can be activated anywhere, but we won't know what this does until closer to release.

I just signed up and I can't complete a payment method unless I have a UK (or one of the other countries, USA is not listed) address that matches my billing address

Hasney

They don't mention it on the site if it is UK only. Will I still get my money back if it doesn't work in my country?

I wouldn't bank on it as it's a UK site, so they're only going to make guarantees for the UK I would imagine. You could always shoot their support off an email prior to ordering and see what they say.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Tempted, don't think it'll be much cheaper on the trading sites when it gets added to Steam.

YES ! thank you so much for that price I'll take the risk of a "bad" and delayed pc port also on top of the ps3 version that I already have ordered.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are the only bonus items for pre-ordering the extra stuff that comes with the Black Armor edition/Collector's edition, like the special case, statues, etc? Or are there in-game items of some sort?

You're just buying a CD key -- nothing more, nothing less. Scamco hasn't announced a digital CE just yet but I'd be surprised if there isn't one (and in the event that there is, this key wouldn't get you it, anyway).

Grab an alternative? G2Play offers Dark Souls 2 for €27,99.

The gamble is the same as there's no way to guarantee whether or not the key will be region-locked until the subs are known and the game has been made available for purchase. Retroactive region locks can occur but they're rare and all such instances have been reversed (pre-purchase subs for Black Flag RU, Payday 2 RU, The Bureau RU, etc.).

elhav

Not sure it's a good idea to preorder now, even though the price is really good. Want to see if it's gonna be stable on consoles first, cus they usually have more players for PVP and co-op

LaB_NL

The gamble is the same as there's no way to guarantee whether or not the key will be region-locked until the subs are known and the game has been made available for purchase. Retroactive region locks can occur but they're rare and all such instances have been reversed (pre-purchase subs for Black Flag RU, Payday 2 RU, The Bureau RU, etc.).

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks. :)

Top Bottom