• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT-Redux| Around the World in 124 Dick Pics

Ourobolus

Banned
aedIesq.png

(Thanks to Jipan for the banner!)

All right, since we had a bit of a snag with the last OT with KhalifaJayy getting banned, I decided to at least get this damned thing started (I got permission, don't worry!). Link to Previous Thread

CarpeDeezNutz has volunteered to pick up a notebook to get us started (he's in Texas, so we will start there instead of California).

For the unititiated...what the hell is this all about?
Well, we decided to take a notebook, send it from GAFfer to GAFfer around the world, and have each member add something to a page of their own, whether it's a picture, drawing, poem, story, or anything. Should be an interesting experiment seeing what everyone is able to share!

But why?
Why not?

Fair point. This route looks stupid though. Why does it look like you are 69'ing the United States?
Using the most basic Nearest Neighbor algorithm in which the Haversine formula is used to calculate the distance between two points on the spherical surface of the earth, this was the most efficient route. If you would like to do a full Traveling Salesman problem with 124 nodes, THEN BY ALL MEANS. Call me in a few decades when the program finishes running.

Can I get in on this?
Sorry, we took forever to just even get to this point, so if there's no evidence of you posting in the previous thread or PM'ing me with your location, no can do. Feel free to track our progress though!

How much do we get to write?
The first page of the book will be a signature/header page of sorts. After that, everyone will get the back of the previous page and the front of the next. That way, when you open to that page, you will see everything from one GAFfer all at once!

==========================================================================================================

I think we should establish some ground rules, though:
  1. When you RECEIVE the notebook, please put your name and location up at the top of the page so we know it's your page!
  2. Whenever you are ready to send off the notebook, please PM the next person in line AND post in the thread. The reason for the second part is that sometimes people may get (or already are) banned and there needs to be a way for them to see the post.
  3. In the event someone gets banned - If you know you are next in line and you are banned, I think the easiest way to do this is to email me your address, and I will PM it to the next person in line. If you aren't paying attention/lurking (because how will we contact you unless someone knows you personally?), after a few days we will just skip over you.
  4. In the event I am banned...well...CarpeDeezNutz, you wanna take point? :D
  5. Hopefully we can keep some sort of schedule then. I don't want someone to get the notebook and then hold on to it for two weeks. If you haven't sent it off after 3-4 days, we'll probably start bugging the hell out of you, so please get you ideas in your head so you can get them on paper when it comes to you!
  6. Along the route, we'll need someone to periodically scan/upload the notebook pages. Volunteers are welcome, and I don't think we'll have any problems if you need more time than that. So far Bright Side of Life has volunteered, but we need a few more.
  7. Although, it would simply be a lot easier if everyone scanned their pages before they sent them (or after they are received). This would cut down on any problems should the notebook be lost along the way.
  8. If I find a single dick in this notebook I will personally fly out to your home and make sure that the one you drew/added a photo of/used colorful imagery will be the last dick you ever see. You will wish you had a paper dick. It will be difficult for you to pee. I have a certain collection of scissors that I've gathered over a long career of scissor gathering. You will be weighed, you will be measured, and you will be found wanting. I will make you watch A Knight's Tale and Taken at the same time while we do this.

IF THE NOTEBOOK IS LOST ALONG THE WAY
Well, there are two options. Either we go back to whomever scanned the last page and they get/send a new one, or it just goes on from the next person in line. I don't really have a plan of attack, so it would be really, really, really easy if people would simply scan and send their pages whenever they have a chance.

==========================================================================================================

Here it is: The final route!
If for some reason I didn't add you to the list and you can show me proof that you had let me know before Monday, by all means I will shove you somewhere in the queue. I'm not perfect. :p
Code:
[B]Fort Worth[/B]	CarpeDeezNutz       *DONE*
[B]Texas [/B]	besada         *DONE*
[B]Texas [/B]	abstract alien             *DONE*
[B]Austin[/B]	Servbot24                  *DONE*
[B]Houston[/B]	 Chezzymann            *DONE*
[B]Baton Rouge[/B]	_illmatic_           *DONE*
[B]Mary Esther[/B]	Sub Zero at a Starbucks *DONE*
[B]Florida[/B]	HUELEN10  *DONE*
[s][B]Florida[/B]	Tesseract[/s]
[B]Florida[/B]	Matt Attack    *DONE*
[B]Florida[/B]	PrimaNocta     *DONE*
[s][B]Miami[/B]	 iosefe[/s]
[B]Georgia[/B]	LuffyZoro *DONE*
[B]Georgia[/B]	Pinko Marx  *DONE*
[B]Georgia[/B]	Vanillalite *DONE*
[s][B]Atlanta[/B]	Zoba[/s]
[s][B]Atlanta[/B]	CliqWriter[/s]
[B]Atlanta[/B]	TheAbsolution  *DONE* 
[B]Decatur[/B]	Kyledk05 *DONE*
[s][B]Nashville[/B]	silentcapybara[/s]
[B]Nashville[/B]	oceanicair *DONE*
[B]Indianapolis[/B]	snacknuts *DONE*
[B]Urbana[/B]	Soka   *DONE*
[B]Chicago[/B]	Bay Maximus  *DONE* 
[B]Chicago[/B]	BlueSteel *DONE*
[B]Michigan[/B]	Professor Lich *DONE*
[s][B]Ohio[/B]	TheBrain76 [/s]
[B]Pittsburgh[/B]	EmmanuelMunoz *DONE*
[B]Buffalo[/B]	INDIGO_CYCLOPS *DONE*
[s][B]Philadelphia[/B]	Ace Harding[/s]
[s][B]Brooklyn[/B]	.GqueB.[/s]                                 
[B]New York City[/B]	Alcotholic  *DONE*
[B]New York City[/B]	Jipan *DONE*
[B]New York City[/B]	xkramz *DONE*
[s][B]Trumbull[/B]	eLZhi [/s]
[B]New Haven[/B]	cwmartin  *DONE*
[B]Newport[/B]	Wherearemahdragonz  *DONE*
[B]Melrose[/B]	battousai11     *DONE*
[s][B]Massachusetts[/B]	Taco_Human [/s]                     
[s][B]Massachusetts[/B]	Pegosaurus [/s]
[B]Maine[/B]	BriareosGAF      *DONE*
[s][B]Maryland[/B]	Chibits12[/s]
[B]Cheverly[/B]	Ourobolus   *DONE*
[B]North Carolina[/B]	Vipershark *DONE*
[B]Spring Lake[/B]	Charles Alan Ratliff *DONE*
[B]Beaufort[/B]	Cheddahz *DONE* 
[s][B]St Charles[/B]	Bright Side of Life [/s]
[B]Omaha[/B]	Palmer v1  *DONE*
[B]Minnesota[/B]	NJDEN *DONE*
[B]Fort Collins[/B]	Pops Maellard *DONE*
[s][B]Dugway[/B]	PaulExcellent[/s]
[B]Bakersfield[/B]	Khalifa Jayy
[B]Los Angeles[/B]	FliXFantatier       
[B]Los Angeles[/B]	Jangaroo
[B]Los Angeles[/B]	Calvero
[B]Bellflower[/B]	libregkd
[B]Long Beach[/B]	Poyunch
[B]La Verne[/B]	inisignia16
[B]Inland Empire Community[/B]	bjork
[B]Inland Empire Community[/B]	898
[B]East Bay[/B]	MrBig
[B]California[/B]	Fatal Futanari
[B]San Francisco[/B]	Wenis
[B]Santa Rosa[/B]	Jtwo
[B]Albany[/B]	GraveHorizon
[B]Albany[/B]	Mike Down
[B]Salem[/B]	pikachu Lv 5
[B]Portland[/B]	iShouldGoPro
[B]Portland[/B]	Sinfamy
[B]Seattle[/B]	MaritalWheat
[B]Redmond [/B]	meijiko
=============CANADA=================
[B]Vancouver[/B]	Nether!
[B]Vancouver[/B]	Wazzy
[B]Alberta[/B]	Biskie
[B]Ontario[/B]	Mr.F
[B]Ontario[/B]	tell yourself
=============BACK IN US==============
[B]Atlanta[/B]	maxcriden
=============MEXICO=================
[B]Mexico[/B]	Joseca
=============COSTA RICA=================
[B]Costa Rica[/B]	Fireblend
=============COLOMBIA=================
[B]Colombia[/B]	SourCinnamon
=============SAUDI ARABIA=================
[B]Jeddah[/B]	Shikari
=============JORDAN=================
[B]Jordan[/B]	Naked Snake
=============GERMANY=================
[B]Munich[/B]	sankt_Antoni0
[B]Frankfurt[/B]	ganbareneopokekun
[B]Bad Soden am Taunus [/B]	Nezumi
[B]Leverkeusen[/B]	Symax
[B]Hamburg[/B]	Bufbaf
=============THE NETHERLANDS=================
[s][B]The Netherlands[/B]	Divius[/s]
[B]The Netherlands[/B]	ShinHayase
=============BELGIUM=================
[B]Brussels[/B]	Jindrax
=============UNITED KINGDOM=================
[B]London[/B]	Tattooth
[B]London[/B]	cynostic
[B]London[/B]  DiscoVampire
[B]Portsmouth[/B]	Tashbrooke
[B]Bristol[/B]	Edwards_Omatic
[B]Weston-super-Mare[/B]	phisheep
[B]United Kingdom[/B]	BGBW
[B]United Kingdom[/B]	comedian
[B]United Kingdom[/B]	ItsThatAsianBoy
[B]United Kingdom[/B]	caffeinedreamer
[B]Wirral[/B]	Jibbed
[B]Sheffield[/B]	hodgy100
[B]York[/B]	Mister_Bubbles
[B]Kingston upon Hull[/B]	Jill Sandwich
=============FINLAND=================
[B]Helsinki[/B]	Noisepurge
=============INDIA=================
[B]New Delhi[/B]	scsa
[B]Pune[/B]	Mister0079
[B]Kolkata[/B]	iamcool388
=============SINGAPORE=================
[B]Singapore[/B]	adelante
=============INDONESIA=================
[B]Bandung[/B]	 Laughing Banana
=============PHILLIPINES=================
[B]Manila[/B]	TheGoddamn
=============DOWN UNDER=================
[B]Australia[/B]	 POWERSPHERE
[B]Australia[/B]	Hasardeur
[B]Perth[/B]	Beaniedude
[B]Adelaide[/B]	Lucian Cat
[B]Melbourne[/B]	r1chard
[B]Sydney[/B]	Origami Superman
[B]Newcastle[/B]	Paper Fox
[B]Newcastle[/B]	Johnny Dazzle
[B]Brisbane[/B]	Gazunta
=============HOBBIT LAND=================
[B]Auckland[/B]	catmincer *DONE2*
[s][B]Wellington[/B]	Sarquiss_[/s]
[B]Christchurch[/B]	lastplayed  *DONE2*
=============BACK HOME=================
[B]Kapolei[/B]	johnny_park
[B]Fort Worth[/B]     CarpeDeezNutz

I will eventually post the scanned images I receive here: http://neogafnotebook.tumblr.com/

I'll set up a dropbox or something later for easy sharing when people say they have volunteered to scan the notebook.

Wanna follow along?
Europe/East Asia:
eurasia_zps3f0d4c48.png
Australia/Oceania:
oceania_zps37538e2c.png

Domestic US Shipping (sorry guys who have to do international):
Within the US, USPS has a Flat Rate Padded Envelope that should fit the notebook, for $5.95. If you'd like to ship it some other way, go for it, but I recommend this to be the absolute minimum (due to padding & size). Unless this thing suddenly weighs like 5 pounds, this is most likely the cheapest option.
PriorityMailPaddedFlatRateEnvelope.jpg

CarpeDeezNutz is buying the notebook, so he gets to keep it, on the condition that he makes sure all of the pages are uploaded. :)

And there you have it. Please feel free to post in here about your progress, thoughts on items in the journal that you have received, anything.

Current Progress:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh I missed the previous OT thread. Subscribing so I don't forget about this one.

Ourobolus

Banned
I posted interest in the thread that was simply asking if it was a good idea. I mentioned my location then.

Ah, gotcha.

I'll probably start PMing people in the list to remind them that this is actually happening. I don't REALLY want to do 123 PMs, but...

Still not sure what I will contribute, cannot paint, draw, write or anything. :p
Oh well I will think of someting.

So are the pages going to be filled up in order or is it ffa regarding what page is used?
might be more interesting to have a random order rather than the geographical order, that makes total sense for the postage route mind you!

Ourobolus

Banned
Still not sure what I will contribute, cannot paint, draw, write or anything. :p
Oh well I will think of someting.

So are the pages going to be filled up in order or is it ffa regarding what page is used?
might be more interesting to have a random order rather than the geographical order, that makes total sense for the postage route mind you!

I'm expecting it to just be whenever you get the book, take the next page. I don't want it to be a pain in the ass for people to have to search for pages to scan.

I'm still in, subscribed.
So are we getting a single page, what were the approximate dimensions ~8"x10"?

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm still in, subscribed.
So are we getting a single page, what were the approximate dimensions ~8"x10"?

CarpeDeezNutz is picking up a notebook so we'll figure out the size when he gets back. I am going to assume everyone gets a page (front + back), but we will see...

Actually, it might be best if we have a front page, and then everyone gets the back + front of the next page. Then each person just opens to their page and sees it all at once. I think we'll do that.

besada

Banned
Still in, as well. Look forward to getting the book and being an early starter.

Also, totally filling it with dick pics.

Ourobolus

Banned
Sent PMs to the first 10 people on the list after CarpeDeezNutz (well, except for Sub Zero at a Starbucks, since he's banned).

I guess #6->#7 will be the first test of whether or not this works with banned people. >_>;

Still in, as well. Look forward to getting the book and being an early starter.

Also, totally filling it with dick pics.
CarpeDeezNutz - tell me his address once you've sent it. I have something I must do.

woot! I'm still in and waiting patiently. I didn't see it in the OP, but can we use front AND back of our page? or just the front?

Ourobolus

Banned
woot! I'm still in and waiting patiently. I didn't see it in the OP, but can we use front AND back of our page? or just the front?

We're working on that, but I think the way we will do it is you will get the back of the previous page + the front of the next. That way when you open to that page, you can see everything all at once.

EDIT: Added the question to the OP.

HUELEN10

So everyone gets 2 pages, the back of one and the front of one, so when you open it, you see all of your shit? awesome!

I am number 8 in line, when can I expect to get the notebook? I am asking because unfortunately, I am moving very soon. This should pose no huge problem, but I need to know so I can submit the appropriate address. Depending on when I receive it, it might also take an extra day or 2 to ship it. Still, I am very hyped to participate in this, this was a wonderful idea.

Ourobolus

Banned
So everyone gets 2 pages, the back of one and the front of one, so when you open it, you see all of your shit? awesome!

I am number 8 in line, when can I expect to get the notebook? I am asking because unfortunately, I am moving very soon. This should pose no huge problem, but I need to know so I can submit the appropriate address. Depending on when I receive it, it might also take an extra day or 2 to ship it. Still, I am very hyped to participate in this, this was a wonderful idea.

So, I think the plan is for it to initially ship later this week (depends on when CDN gets the notebook). After that, I think we can safely say 1-3 days shipping for each leg (domestic), and then another 1-3 days for each GAFfer to do their thing (and scan it, hopefully). Just due to the nature of the beast, this will be a relatively long process :p

Ourobolus

Banned
So, stickers on the cover still cool?

Hmm...actually. I wonder if at each state/country we should do that thing you see in the old cartoons where stickers are covering the suitcases from each place it visited.

Let's put a pin in it for now until we see what CDN picks up.

So, I think the plan is for it to initially ship later this week (depends on when CDN gets the notebook). After that, I think we can safely say 1-3 days shipping for each leg (domestic), and then another 1-3 days for each GAFfer to do their thing (and scan it, hopefully). Just due to the nature of the beast, this will be a relatively long process :p

Yeah, I plan on picking up the notebook or sketchbook tomorrow or Thursday and then shipping it Friday or Saturday. Really thinking of what I want to put in it.

HUELEN10

Here's one final idea. Leave the first page page (front) blank to protect the art, and on the front of the second page (front), draw a giant circle. Each person then, with orange or grey implements, helps fill out a bit of the GAF logo (like filling in a portion with patterns, solid colors, or even doodles) and writes the dates they finished contributing and their handle on the back of the first page (so when it's opened, you see names and dates on the left, community GAF logo on the right). Then, the notebook begins.
Hmm...actually. I wonder if at each state/country we should do that thing you see in the old cartoons where stickers are covering the suitcases from each place it visited.

Let's put a pin in it for now until we see what CDN picks up.
Gotcha. In all honesty though, I would be thrilled if everyone was allowed at least one sticker though, not even location-based mind you.

Ourobolus

Banned
Here's one final idea. Leave the first page page (front) blank to protect the art, and on the front of the second page (front), draw a giant circle. Each person then, with orange or grey implements, helps fill out a bit of the GAF logo (like filling in a portion with patterns, solid colors, or even doodles) and writes the dates they finished contributing and their handle on the back of the first page (so when it's opened, you see names and dates on the left, community GAF logo on the right). Then, the notebook begins.

Gotcha. In all honesty though, I would be thrilled if everyone was allowed at least one sticker though, not even location-based mind you.

Hm, that's an idea. I'll leave it up to CarpeDeezNutz if he wants to set that up.

As for the stickers, yeah, I guess it was mentioned in the previous OP, so sure, go ahead. As long as it doesn't get too ridiculous (with stickers covering other stickers, and so on), it should be fine.

Cheddahz

Banned
Subscribed to the thread and I just noticed that I'm one of the last people to get the notebook (in the States, at least)! I'll have a lot of reading to do whenever I receive it!

Ourobolus

Banned
I just realized I'm gonna have to be on my best behavior and not get banned while this thing is circling the globe. D'oh.

I just saw in the OP list that you split up Germany is that intentional?
Postage costs would suggest to add Hamburg to the rest of the Germany group.

Same goes for Canada maybe‽

Top Bottom