• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT-Redux| Around the World in 124 Dick Pics

Double posted so this would be at the top. The sketchbook is out in the wild now, first stop Besada. I used the priority box which was 5.80 total. With the sketchbook and plastic bag it was a tight squeeze but they let me use their packing tape so I secured it best I could.

Here is the sketchbook chilling on a throne before the trip.

Here is my contribution, coming up with something was harder than I thought so I went with a journal entry about a recent break up. Since it's coming back to me I want to see if I stuck to making changes in my life. Also, a collage of stuff a la parks and rec (the camel). Took the advice of another gaffer and started a mini story in the collage page for people to add on to.

Here it is being shipped. I'm on my mobile did not know how to shop mine and Besada's addresses so I just did it this way.

Also, I could not get someone to make a proper header in time so I just made it myself. If there is an artistic gaffer on the route feel free to erase mine and add a better one.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Ooh it begins! Excited to see how this pans out. Can't wait for it to get here though I have no frikkin clue what to add haha

adelante

YESSSS!!!

tkr9TG8.jpg

Ourobolus

Banned
I just want to stress: If you are sure that you want to bow out of this, please let us know as soon as possible so we can modify the list.

Thanks.

besada

Banned
The first leg of the journey is complete. I am in possession of the great book. I just can't believe how many dicks CarpeDeezNutz drew in it.

Ourobolus

Banned
GAFer Carlisle lives pretty close to me, so I'm going to walk it over to him once I get it in my hands. I figure since he's right there it shouldn't delay much.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
hmm....so whats the status besada? This looks like its going to take a LOOOOOONG time to get around.

Yes it is. We got, I think, 124 people on the list - something like that. At minimum it'll spend probably 3 days at each place (one to read, one to write, one to reluctantly let go of it) and that's at its fastest for anyone working. Then maybe a day or two in the post if local?

Probably 1.5 to two years to get all the way.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yes it is. We got, I think, 124 people on the list - something like that. At minimum it'll spend probably 3 days at each place (one to read, one to write, one to reluctantly let go of it) and that's at its fastest for anyone working. Then maybe a day or two in the post if local?

Probably 1.5 to two years to get all the way.
Yeah, that's the ideal scenario. But if we end up like we are now, it will obviously take longer. I'll ping Besada.

adelante

Man...so freakin stoked, can't wait to get my hands on the book in 2067.

I'll get my grandkids to fill it up for me in case I lose my ability to do graphite/charcoal drawings by then.

HUELEN10

Any update on Besada or any changes to the order? Still up first for the Sunshine state, but if it gets to me around March 31st - April 8th, I might have to reschedule due to moving. Just wanted to be up front about it.

So is there anything we can do to increase response times here and in general? IMHO we need more ways of getting into touch with the participants, it's too easy to miss
or ignore
PM's and the Thread.

It might have been too easy to sign up to this without any real comitment guaranteed... :-/

I guess it would be asking too much to have people post here when they get the notebook so we have some knowledge of how this adventure is progressing.

This gonna be a long project. Worth it.

Jibbed

Yes! This is gonna take so long to get to me though :/

Also, Edwards_omatic has moved back from Bristol to the Wirral now so I shall pass it on to him in person (maybe edit this into the OP list?). I'll get him to quote me and confirm.

Edit: We'll probably even draw/write in it at the same time and post pictures.

Ourobolus

Banned
I guess it would be asking too much to have people post here when they get the notebook so we have some knowledge of how this adventure is progressing.

This gonna be a long project. Worth it.
That's part of the rules.

I pinged Besada, he still has it - I'm trying to help it along.

Edwards_omatic has moved back from Bristol to the Wirral now so I shall pass it on to him in person (maybe edit this into the OP list?). I'll get him to quote me and confirm.

Edit: We'll probably even draw/write in it at the same time and post pictures.

Yes sir, can confirm this. Jibbed and I will likely do our entries at the same time as we know each other and live like 5 minutes away... So yeah skip Bristol altogether.

Also, we could share postage costs Mr. Jibbed, this is working out nicely.

Jhoan

I'm still lurking in the thread. Nice to see it's moving. Definitely thinking about doing a private (maybe public depending on school assignments) GAF meet up for it and posting the pics in the thread.

adelante

The first leg of the journey is complete. I am in possession of the great book. I just can't believe how many dicks CarpeDeezNutz drew in it.

Really Besada? Over a week now and no updates? :/

You need help with coming up with something to put in there?

Top Bottom