• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT-Redux| Around the World in 124 Dick Pics

xkramz

When that day does come, you can bet on me making a thread with the subtitle One Notebook to rule them all for one night.
Well seems like I'll be the last GAF to touch the book in NYC and then I gotta ship it to thrumbull..where ever that is lol I say all the NYC GAF(4 of us. ) go drinking or something and take pics and tape our night into a collage.

Edit: NVM no wonder I use glasses.

Ourobolus

Banned
Sigh. Well, we all knew this was a risk going into it. We are basically at a month of no progress, and I guess at least it happened sooner rather than later.

Carpe, how much was the notebook+shipping? Would you be willing to start it again and send it directly to abstract alien? I'll PayPal you the cost.

Sigh. Well, we all knew this was a risk going into it. We are basically at a month of no progress, and I guess at least it happened sooner rather than later.

Carpe, how much was the notebook+shipping? Would you be willing to start it again and send it directly to abstract alien? I'll PayPal you the cost.

Edit: nvm, I misread

Ooh, neat idea. Can't believe I missed out on participating in this. Ah well. Should be interesting to follow its progress, anyway, through its highs and lows.

Did the notebook not make it to its next destination?

besada

Banned
Hi everyone, my name is besada, and I have a problem. We call it procrastination.

I genuinely, in real life, have a major issue with this, and a more responsible person would have known this and not signed up for something that caused people to wait on him. For this, I am very sorry. I also have a problem with getting overly enthusiastic and signing myself up for stuff that gets me in trouble.

Ourobolus has been great and I'm sorry to put him through having to hassle a mod to get this project back on track. You are a good guy Ourobolus.

Again, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. This is entirely my fault, and I apologize to all of you for the inconvenience.

For people further down the list, a piece of advice: Figure out what you're going to do before it reaches your door step. Don't go into a blind panic at the sight of two white pages. Don't, in that panic, shuffle it to the back of your pile and push it out of your mind. And definitely don't make Ourobolus chase you down and harangue you.

In short, don't be a dick like I was.

This looks like a great idea!
When it finally starts moving

I wish I had saw the original thread I would have liked to participate! There's nobody else from Alabama doing this either.

I'm going to keep up with this though it seems awesome!

We still love you besada, and the book is better for having passed through your hands. Hopefully it arrives before I leave, but if not I'll pick it soon and get this thing rolling!

igO4I0bfrorv4.gif

The OP states I should send it to servbot24, but I live in the Houston area and so does Chezzymann who was in line to get it right after servbot24. Should I just follow the OP, or send it to Chezzymann since he is closer?

adelante

That's cool Besada, was beginning to wonder why you weren't posting here either. It'd be ideal if everyone update the thread as soon as they've received the book and maybe post photos of the progress (or the lack of any) of their contribution to the notebook; this thread is just as much about the journey as the contents in the book will be, obstacles/problems included :D

I just want to say one thing:

Fuck you guys >:|
This have anything to do with the fact you were banned? Tough luck >:p

That's cool Besada, was beginning to wonder why you weren't posting here either. It'd be ideal if everyone update the thread as soon as they've received the book and maybe post photos of the progress (or the lack of any) of their contribution to the notebook; this thread is just as much about the journey as the contents in the book will be, obstacles/problems included :D

agreed!

I just want to say one thing:

Fuck you guys >:|

Dude, it's not like we chose to do this lightly. It was a great idea and we were all waiting on it, then we did not hear from you then you got banned. Ourobolus and I went back and forth wondering what to do, it's not like we wanted to take it but it's an awesome idea and we wanted to move forward with it. My apologies.

Takes a big man to acknowledge that.
I'm glad you're sending it out, thanks.

adelante

Ahh but you've managed to overcome that, so that's awesome :) Hope the same goes for anyone, who for some reason or another, can't fill up their pages in time. Whether its due to a busy schedule or just feeling a little lazy, don't hesitate to just freely admit whatever you're faced with in this thread. At least allow us to encourage you, we're all in this together man, however long it takes! :D

Top Bottom