• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT-Redux| Around the World in 124 Dick Pics

Ourobolus

Banned
I just saw in the OP list that you split up Germany is that intentional?
Postage costs would suggest to add Hamburg to the rest of the Germany group.

Same goes for Canada maybe‽
It is yes-and-no intentional. The entire route currently follows a "shortest-distance-to-the-next-stop" method. If someone can clarify to me that postage change from moving Hamburg under the first pass through Germany is less than the change from making the UK ship directly to Finland, then yes, small changes can be made here and there.

The route isn't perfect. I am certainly open to some suggestions, particularly when it comes to crossing borders.

Ok so this is just a MOCK-UP I'm going to have someone with much better writing skills than me to do it.

This is an old sketchbook I bought for school years ago that I used to take notes. I was thinking of either getting one of these or a notebook like Khalifa had picked out.

The inside (sorry for the bad pic)

This would be the front page where everyone involved would autograph, I did mine. Again gonna make it look better than what I attempted haha

So then front and back for autographs, then as another gaffer had mentioned everyone coloring in, doodling or what have you on the second front page, I would start on the back page to this one and front 3rd page

Thoughts? Suggestions? I did this quick so please forgive me!

It is yes-and-no intentional. The entire route currently follows a "shortest-distance-to-the-next-stop" method. If someone can clarify to me that postage change from moving Hamburg under the first pass through Germany is less than the change from making the UK ship directly to Finland, then yes, small changes can be made here and there.

The route isn't perfect. I am certainly open to some suggestions, particularly when it comes to crossing borders.

Inter-country postage will always be cheaper than cross border postage. At least here in Europe distance between recipients is a non issue regarding postage.
So it makes sense in my mind do group by country first and foremost.

So my suggestion would be to move Bufbaf to the rest of the Germany group, order within the Germany group is secondary as postage times hardly vary. Mind you grouping by explicit city is obviously sensible.
And maybe move the two Ontario's Mr.F and tell yourself to the end of the canada line.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I did this quick so please forgive me!

Can you give us something for scale? As it is difficult to gauge the size. It's clearly not A4 as the ratio is wrong :p. Appart from that it looks perfectly adecuate.
I would suggest something with thick paper so that the chances of leakage and transparency to other pages is minimised.

Can you give us something for scale? As it is difficult to gauge the size. It's clearly not A4 as the ratio is wrong :p. Appart from that it looks perfectly adecuate.
I would suggest something with thick paper so that the chances of leakage and transparency to other pages is minimised.

It's roughly 5 x 9 inches. Paper is thick since it's used for sketching but like I said this is my old sketchbook, might pick up a notebook.

HUELEN10

Whatever you pick up, make sure it's unlined. The thicker the paper the better as others mentioned, but I would think unlined would be the priority no? Props to you for getting the notebook!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Going to have to work on a fancy "BGBW" signature.

Oh and since I'm just listed as UK, I'll specify that I am in London.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Code:
[B]Albany[/B]	GraveHorizon
[B]Albany[/B]	Mike Down

Don't know who you are, Mike Down, but you're gonna get a personal delivery from me
if you're okay with that

As for what I'll put in the notebook, I guess I'll just take some pictures of stuff around town. Kind of weird knowing that someone else from the same small town is getting it next.

Ourobolus

Banned
Inter-country postage will always be cheaper than cross border postage. At least here in Europe distance between recipients is a non issue regarding postage.
So it makes sense in my mind do group by country first and foremost.

So my suggestion would be to move Bufbaf to the rest of the Germany group, order within the Germany group is secondary as postage times hardly vary. Mind you grouping by explicit city is obviously sensible.
And maybe move the two Ontario's Mr.F and tell yourself to the end of the canada line.
Yeah, I can edit the Germany one. I'm not sure about if it will make a difference in Canada or not (I vaguely recall US<->Canada rates being not to terrible, but I'll double-check), but if so, I'll simply throw Ontario in after Alberta, before going to Mexico.

EDIT: Made some changes to the route (I'll update the maps later)
Yeah, it's probably cheaper for Alberta->Ontario. Changing.
As for what I'll put in the notebook, I guess I'll just take some pictures of stuff around town. Kind of weird knowing that someone else from the same small town is getting it next.

Take pictures of Mike Down.

MikeDown

Banned
Don't know who you are, Mike Down, but you're gonna get a personal delivery from me
if you're okay with that

Fine by me, I'm over by the college. :D I was looking at the list and I thought it crazy that someone else was from here. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to put in it. Like you said pictures are a good idea.

Also I have a scanner, not the best one there is so I can scan if need be.

Dart

Too late for me :( ah well, count me in for the next one. Cannot wait too see what you guys come up with though!

Reaffirming my commitment to the project. I'm already in the OP, but feel free to PM me as regards addresses and shipping responsibilities.

Ourobolus

Banned
Swell idea, I wanna suggest writing your GAF username followed by location below your own signature. Or should we do this on every page so we know where in the world they were filled up?

Also, I'm still in for this thing!!! :D

The signature page can be whatever you want to sign. I do recommend putting your handle + location at the top of your page though so that we know who wrote what page!

Also,

HI KHALIFA JAYY

jasonng

Keeping an eye on this. This looks like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll hijack one of the gaffers in new york and put something in the book.

DiscoVampire

Neo Member
This is also true. But do it at your own risk. I have it on good authority that besada prefers to hand off mail by using a chicken sphincter as a glove.

Well If he travels all the way to London to deliver a notebook wearing a chicken sphincter as a glove then... I dont know.... I think i'm safe ha

Yeah, I can see myself driving it over to the next Gaffer nearby. Don't be scared. Shhhh.

Another benefit is being able to put a face to the most recent dick pic. Is that a benefit?

I'm not gonna draw a dick

Ourobolus

Banned
Fixed.

Yeah, that's the basic idea. Keep checking the thread as well, you never know if someone is going to fat finger your name and the PM never gets to the right person. :p

Fireblend

Banned
Oh man this is awesome!
3AQmK.gif
can't wait.

Really pleased about my position in the list as well despite being in Costa Rica. I won't disappoint, you guys :D

(I'm still in, needless to say)

Divius

Woohoo! Too bad DutchGAF only has two participants. :(

Guess it is up to ShinHayase and me to draw some veiny Dutch piemels.

Jhoan

Keeping an eye on this. This looks like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll hijack one of the gaffers in new york and put something in the book.

Oh you. Time permitting, I propose that those of us in NYC meet up somewhere on a day when we can all make it, do it in one shot, and record it/take pictures. It'll be much more efficient that way and not to mention cooler to witness what the other person adds to it live.

I wasn't able to pick up the sketchbook due to the bad weather (snow + DFW is a bad mix) until today. Went to a few different spots until I ended up at an art supply store. I was going to get one of those big ass sketch pads but I figured to keep shipping costs down went with one similar to mine. It's a hard back, sturdy as hell.

Strathmore hard bound sketchbook, 5.5" x 8.5" (14 x 21.6 cm) 192 pages, 60 lb. (89 g/m^2)

Blank right now, going to post more pics as soon as I add my contribution, then it's off to Besada (don't worry not going to send any crazy 88s to your place bruh).

Edit: no dick pics for reals you guise!!!

Aww, I missed out I guess. I thought it was still the other thread. If there's still a spot, I am just outside of Chicago (near the Wisconsin border)

Exciting as hell!

Looking forward to seeing all the stuff in it when it reaches me (and I hope it will reach everyone, not getting lost in the mail or something).

adelante

No idea whatsoever, loads of time before it reaches our shores though, lots of being inspired by the others first. :D
That actually got me thinking, it would be kinda awesome if this isn't just a scrapbook.. but one that contains a ridiculous fictional story that's pieced together by us through photos, drawings, writing, etc. Haha.

MikeDown

Banned
That actually got me thinking, it would be kinda awesome if this isn't just a scrapbook.. but one that contains a ridiculous fictional story that's pieced together by us through photos, drawings, writing, etc. Haha.
That would actually be pretty sick. :D

Top Bottom