• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 new gifs and info

Loudninja

Gameplay footage from Sony, Its the same stuff btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lkcOghYFHM

12791060645_3754c6f11b_o.gif

12791161183_ec3105278b_o.gif

12791505654_6e0df8dc4a_o.gif

12791059555_d645a91dc4_o.gif

12791164793_be350c8837_o.gif

12791065645_4e5b128abc_o.gif

12791159533_5135e929d8_o.gif

12791165513_1cd29f5b43_o.gif

12791166773_70d5c4f21a_o.gif

12791066865_74c620ee50_o.gif

Graphically that looks amazing.
Waiting for E3 for the gameplay!

Melee combat as you’ve never seen it before
Gunplay will obviously form a key component of The Order 1886′s gameplay, but close-combat melee encounters are every bit as integral to the experience. Developer Ready At Dawn is taking a fresh approach here, incorporating split second decision paths allowing fights to play out in a number of different ways. In the clip above Galahad goes for a knife, but it’s not the only way to tackle the situation…

“For melee, we’re leveraging some of the things we’ve learned in the past, even from the platformer days. We want to supplement ranged combat with something that players don’t expect. You’ll see more melee modes that will give you some complex options,” hints Creative Director Ru Weerasuriya.
High-concept weaponry that’s grounded in real science
While the weaponry at your disposal in The Order 1886 might seem out-of-this-world, every single design in the game is based on bona fide Victorian technology.

“The more you get to see of the weapons, you’ll realise that they’re actually not that outlandish or futuristic. They feel grounded,” Ru says. “We don’t twist the actual technology itself – what we twist is its use.”
A different take on cover combat
At its core The Order: 1886 is a third person action game, complete with cover shooting mechanics. While you might think you’ve seen these before, Ready At Dawn is putting its own twist on convention.

“Yes, there is cover as you might have seen in other games, but we’ve added traversal modes,” says Ru. “You’ll go seamlessly from ‘full cover’ into ‘soft cover’ as you move away from an object. Imagine you’re in cover, you’re shooting at something and you want to pop out. You don’t just stick your head up, right? You’d still stay low. So we’ve tried to build a bit more reality into the cover system.”
The Order don’t mess about
Expect combat to be brutal…
Gadgets are important as guns
Alongside an arsenal of weaponry that offers a huge array of combat options, you’ll also have a number of gadgets at your disposal. Here, Galahad is surveying Victorian London with a monocular in search of a fire fight.

“The Monocular was built for multipurpose use,” explains Ru. “We haven’t talked about all the different modes of gameplay in which it will be implemented, but what we showed in the latest demo is it being used as a looking glass, and to send Morse code. You can flash a signal to the airship to give your location.

“We have a lot of other devices like this that we’re trying to implement. Of course, there are always more ideas than we can fit into the game, so it’s a question of which ones will stick…”
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/26/10-things-need-know-order-1886/

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I don't get the melee part, does that mean every melee is going to be a QTE sequence?

..but close-combat melee encounters are every bit as integral to the experience. Developer Ready At Dawn is taking a fresh approach here, incorporating split second decision paths allowing fights to play out in a number of different ways.

If that means QTE's are going to be a major part of the game, I'll be really disappointed.

injurai

Banned
Those are weak reasons.

"Electricity exists and is part of science, so we made a gun around that isn't scientifically accurate. You should be excited."

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yep. This list plus destruction is what has me excited for the game. Looking forward to finally seeing this stuff.

I don't get the melee part, does that mean every melee is going to be a QTE sequence?
Only for surprise attacks.

Seanspeed

Banned
So The Last of Us in a different setting by a different developer.

Could be a good thing, but I wouldn't mind something more original.

noobasuar

Banned
You've been talking about your game for close to a year.

Show some good gameplay footage or stop hyping your game up. So far this game looks on par with Fuse.

RoKKeR

Yeah those innovative melee encounter still look a lot like QTE's to me.

Looking forward to the game but I need more receipts.

Oppo

You've been talking about your game for close to a year.

Show some good gameplay footage or stop hyping your game up. So far this game looks on par with Fuse.

thanks noob, I needed something to de-ice my driveway.

and they did upload gameplay footage.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So The Last of Us in a different setting by a different developer.

Could be a good thing, but I wouldn't mind something more original.
This is going to be much more of an action game than TLoU. Think RE4 meets Resistance weaponry with fully destructable environments.

Oppo

To be fair it was hidden in a 10 minutes interview that hyped QTE's as the next big thing or whatever and if you blinked you missed it.

Sure. But we have seen some.

Feels like the same complaint as Infamous:SS. Of course there is more that we haven't seen, they just feel like playing to close to the vest.

I mean if you really need to see more, just wait until the game ships, then hit up Live on Playstation and take your pick of streams. I don't get this "they NEED to show MORE!" sentiment. They don't need to do anything. Time is on your side.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey Noob you venture into the PS4 Japanese sales thread lately?
*spit take*

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Where are you getting these impressions from? I thought I'd been keeping up with this game, but maybe not?
It's a third person action/adventure with shooting as the primary form of combat and many of the guns are over the top steampunk creations. There are human enemies as well as half-breed creatures. It's a mix of straight up combat and quieter, horror themed moments with some exploration and investigation interspersed. Environments are highly destructable and everything has soft body physics simulation.

Zukuu

Banned
I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

because it was said in the faq "it's a cover shooter" lol.

I have had no clue what the gameplay is of the game till now. From "mildly anticipated" to probably "won't buy".

Why can't they just release some gameplay trailer. wtf. The 3 minute thing didn't offer much in terms of actual gameplay and the variance of it.

noobasuar

Banned
I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

Probably from the footage they've shown. If they don't want people to judge thier games than they shouldn't release any footage. So far we've seen a janky animation of popping in and out of cover with some unimpressive gunplay

Yes the art style is beautiful but that's just not enough.

Top Bottom