• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 new gifs and info

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Melee combat as you’ve never seen it before = Dynamic branching QTEs!!! Yaaaaaay!!
Hahaha, came to post exactly this.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.
Joke post? Joke post.

Sometimes you'll press Square, but other times you'll press...TRIANGLE.
So... when you leave cover, you stay crouched a bit?

This is truly a different take.
You guys are such haters. Why can't you be hyped for the revolutionary, all-new, innovative gameplay? *Jon Stewart checking his earpiece* W-what's that... these things have been done before, you say? ...Oh.

viveks86

12791066865_74c620ee50_o.gif

Few things just ain't right in this gif. Galahad's eyes look like they're misplaced or something. And what's up with their feets and shadows? They look like they're floating there.

Damn you! Now there are 2 things that are sticking out! :/

zma1013

Are there any games that combine good 3rd person shooting controls and mechanics and good action/adventure fighting controls and mechanics simultaneously? Something like a Gears of War/Ninja Gaiden mix or a Uncharted/Bayonetta mix?

Zukuu

Banned
Are there any games that combine good 3rd person shooting controls and mechanics and good action/adventure fighting controls and mechanics simultaneously? Something like a Gears of War/Ninja Gaiden mix or a Uncharted/Bayonetta mix?

Metal Gear Solid (although it's only a TPS by a rather small degree).

ramuh

Playstation exclusive threads ladies and gentleman.

Let me head over to the Donkey Kong thread and state how it's basically NSMB with an ape.

Lol.

I'm personally excited for this game. That probably has to do with the subject matter rather than the genre. :)

They just hired a QD lighting engineer so they may be able to help a lot woth the eyes since that's very focused on lighting and reflections.
He is responsible for the environment lighting, I talked to him once. So not sure he can do much to help with the eyes, but they probably improve them regardless.

iceatcs

No way these are in-game?
It seem more exception than my graphics level, now hope the gameplay will do well. The reviewers aren't kind anymore.

The new QTE sound very interesting. Better than RE QTE.

Since the game was first showed off, it seems--to me, at least--that there's a heavy focus on its (gorgeous) visuals and the narrative. Comparatively, they've showed and talked very little about the gameplay itself. The QTE sequences might have more options to them, but it's nothing that stands out as being more enjoyable.

My concern is where their priorities lie. I'm not saying anything about whether the game will be bad or not, but it gives the impression that they are choosing to go a very safe route with most aspects of the gameplay. I know a lot of people were excited by the initial teaser alone--and the setting seemed quite enticing--but my expectations are presently tempered.

m@cross

No idea if this game will play well, but it has a cool style and interesting world setting. As long as it doesn't make me scared of my basement I will give it a shot for sure.

SykoTech

Lots of new GIFs.

I don't understand why they don't just give us the full video in good quality.

Agreed. Can't believe we waited all the way to February for that little snippet of gameplay. The inevitable E3 demo better be worth it. Like, Uncharted 2 E3 2009 x2 or something.

Gifs look nice though.

Newboi

Hey guys, several of those gifs contain scenes that weren't in the released gameplay footage. Is there actual released video that contains those scenes?

Looks like Too Human eyes

"Innovative" soft cover? aka same old 3rd person cover game

Same with the QTE

Or there could just not be cover, and we'd hide behind walls like Unreal Tournament. That would shake things up a bit >_>

sooooo the melee sounds very QTE to me...

like press triangle for knife, press square for victorian suplex

I would play the crap out of a wrestling game made in this engine.

I don't understand all the hate for the order. We've seen literally 20 seconds of gameplay and that's enough to judge it... Let's wait until we've seen more gameplay before passing judgement.

I like the concept and I have faith in RAD at Dawn.

Looks like Too Human eyes

"Innovative" soft cover? aka same old 3rd person cover game

Same with the QTE

I know that just sounds like PR spin when they show him crouching down behind a brick wall but it's very cool what they are doing. You will get a much better idea of things at E3

*Shakes fist*
Haha. But that's exactly why diminishing returns is bullshit. The jumps may be getting smaller, but we have so much to improve still. The Order won't be the end of it.

Take that away! I'm feeling emotions!
Lol, that was a nice twist by Cage. Fooling everyone with "look into the eyes of the sad man and feel the emotions TM" and then turning him into a comedy character next E3 to make everyone laugh.

Best looking visuals I've ever seen!

Hope the gameplay will be half as good.

It's what I'm excited for the most actually :p As far as I know, RAD's never done anything in the shooting genre. And they're first time up to swing, they make a Steampunk/Warewolf/Atmospheric as hell Old School London 3rd person shooter with RIDICULOUS graphics. RAD is seriously beast. Ridiculous BEAST.

m@cross

Hmmm so i guess 95% of the games being made suck because they are not offering new ways of playing them?

Soooo Dragon Age sucks because of Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate sucks because of the SSI games..... Mario brothers sucks because it is just another side movement jump game like Donkey Kong.....Gran Turismo sucks because it is just another racing game like Rad Racer... or Pole Position?

How about this... stfu, play it, see if you smile.. be happy. If it reminds you of something else that was good, smile some more. Do you get mad when you have sex with another person and the sex is similar to the way you had sex with another person..... man you give blow jobs just like my x girlfriend.. so disappointing.. you did nothing new... boring.. anyone have a cheese grater so I can be innovative???

Disappointed that all the best looking gifs simply look like cutscenes. That wide shot on the roof, for example. There better be some gameplay up there framed just like that.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If they don't want people to judge thier games than they shouldn't release any footage.
Yes, because that stops this judgmental bunch dead in their tracks. You've yet to show a shred of genuine interest in this game; you're complaining just to complain.

Shin-Ra

That is an absolutely terrible list. I regret giving them a click.
12799320053_e620d0bacb_o.gif

“Yes, there is cover as you might have seen in other games, but we’ve added traversal modes,” says Ru. “You’ll go seamlessly from ‘full cover’ into ‘soft cover’ as you move away from an object. Imagine you’re in cover, you’re shooting at something and you want to pop out. You don’t just stick your head up, right? You’d still stay low. So we’ve tried to build a bit more reality into the cover system.”
As long as full cover is automatic, without a button press to lock-in. Like The Last of Us.

Top Bottom