• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 new gifs and info

AzerPhire

Sometimes you'll press Square, but other times you'll press...TRIANGLE.

1. It's a videogame!
2. It's on PS4
3. You play as a dude
4. He has a mustache
5. There are other dudes
6. There is even a girl!
7. It's set in London!
8. You shoot things
9. You walk around
10. You hide behind things!

Alebrije

I just hope the game really resembles the victorian era or style , I like it, also is a game that could be on Plus soon.

Probably from the footage they've shown. If they don't want people to judge thier games than they shouldn't release any footage. So far we've seen a janky animation of popping in and out of cover with some unimpressive.

Yes the art style is beautiful but that's just not enough.

Noob you are so wrong so often that even when you say completely logical things like this statement here I imagine everyone's reaction is to argue with you cause I mean your the one that said it after all.

Sojgat

“Yes, there is cover as you might have seen in other games, but we’ve added traversal modes,” says Ru. “You’ll go seamlessly from ‘full cover’ into ‘soft cover’ as you move away from an object. Imagine you’re in cover, you’re shooting at something and you want to pop out. You don’t just stick your head up, right? You’d still stay low. So we’ve tried to build a bit more reality into the cover system.”

So... when you leave cover, you stay crouched a bit?

This is truly a different take.

Wowbagger

This one blew my mind, literally!

12791066865_74c620ee50_o.gif

Their feet are hovering. :/

Seanspeed

Banned
It's a third person action/adventure with shooting as the primary form of combat and many of the guns are over the top steampunk creations. There are human enemies as well as half-breed creatures. It's a mix of straight up combat and quieter, horror themed moments with some exploration and investigation interspersed. Environments are highly destructable and everything has soft body physics simulation.
A lot of that sounds extremely similar to TLOU.

Not saying its a clone, but it seems to be a very similar sort of game. With cloth physics.

bombshell

because it was said in the faq "it's a cover shooter" lol.

I have had no clue what the gameplay is of the game till now. From "mildly anticipated" to probably "won't buy".

Why can't they just release some gameplay trailer. wtf. The 3 minute thing didn't offer much in terms of actual gameplay and the variance of it.

So the words "cover shooting mechanics" instantly means it's generic to you? I feel that word is getting a bit overused these days.

Jb

The fact that they're not even teasing more interesting aspects of the design of the game is a little worrisome to me. It reminds me of Knack, how did this game get to get the funding it got with a design document that might have been acceptable on PS1 but not for a retail PS4 title.
And I say that as someone whol oved everything RaD did on PSP and the overall look and setting of the Order. It's just that if there's a hook here that's supposed to peak my interest, I can't see it.

“The Monocular was built for multipurpose use,” explains Ru. “We haven’t talked about all the different modes of gameplay in which it will be implemented, but what we showed in the latest demo is it being used as a looking glass, and to send Morse code. You can flash a signal to the airship to give your location.

I'm expecting it'll have something like Batman vision now.

Oppo

Looks great, but on the other hand new Thief also looks amazing... didn't help much.

If you were to compare the two directly, I think you'd quickly realize that Thief does not, in fact, look amazing. It looks cross-gen.

The Order is doing a lot of new visual things we've seldom seen before, if ever.

IN&OUT

Banned
Most impressive looking game I have ever seen....WOW.

Look at those gifs, also morse code with DS4!! Hell yeah.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
A lot of that sounds extremely similar to TLOU.

Not saying its a clone, but it seems to be a very similar sort of game. With cloth physics.
I don't think the tone will be all that similar to TLoU, it'll be more bombastic than TLoU's usually reserved presentation. Stealth will also probably a very small part of this game, if at all.

Ready At Dawn’s “neo-Victorian” vision of the British capital offers a universe unlike anything you’ve experience in a videogame. Dark, dank, dirty and dripping with atmosphere, it’s a refreshingly different setting...

Not to nitpick but...Alice Madness Returns.
title.jpg

alice08.jpg

alice10.jpg

alice_london_attack_madness_returns_930.jpg

Mifune

Mehmber
Morse code thing sounds kinda cool to me. Also like that they are leveraging some of the stuff they learned from Daxter for the melee; wonder what that's about?

So far it's the Chinese water torture method of gameplay previews, but I'm willing to wait for the full blowout at (hopefully) E3. I still have my doubts that it will release this year, since in the FAQ they're still talking about ideas they may or may not implement. Thing should be content complete pretty soon if it's indeed coming this fall, wouldn't you think?

belvedere

Junior Butler

Holy hell at the cloth movement. And is that a bonus rain cloud way in the background (when they zoom in closer on both characters)?

viveks86

They just hired a QD lighting engineer so they may be able to help a lot woth the eyes since that's very focused on lighting and reflections.

Yeah. The eyes were a lot better in the first reveal trailer. Looks very strange in the new footage, especially when everything else looks top notch!

They just hired a QD lighting engineer so they may be able to help a lot woth the eyes since that's very focused on lighting and reflections.

Oh man well here's hoping. On second thought i think the goblins eyes look better than Ryse.

image_the_dark_sorcerer-22313-2753_0005.jpg

It's the only thing the order is missing in the visual department imo.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I didnt see it before, but now i can not not see it. They need to fix the eyes.

Everything else, amazing. Best looking game to date imo.

Oppo

If they mention it, they need to show it. My guess is they are saving that for E3.

That's my guess too. I think at E3 we'll see some of the creatures, and something falling apart in a fun soft bodied physics sort of way.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.

Few things just ain't right in this gif. Galahad's eyes look like they're misplaced or something. And what's up with their feets and shadows? They look like they're floating there.

Mifune

Mehmber
I get that people are worried about melee being all QTEs but he does mention they're also taking cues from platformers, so that has to count for something, right?

Zukuu

Banned
So the words "cover shooting mechanics" instantly means it's generic to you? I feel that word is getting a bit overused these days.
Er... any cover shooter is generic to me nowadays. The moment I see "conveniently placed waist height" boxes / walls I get disgusted by the game. You can have way better level designs and gameplay mechanisms than that stupid crap. I hate "waist height boxes and walls". Yes, I'm a "waist height boxes and walls"-racist. They bore the crap outta me. Fuck 'em.

Yeah those innovative melee encounter still look a lot like QTE's to me.

Looking forward to the game but I need more receipts.

It's true, I have never seen branching QTEs so I think I will be amazed when I see it in action.

Didn't Heavy Rain do branching QTEs? I don't see anything special about the QTE system they are trying to highlight. I would prefer real melee even if it is something close to UC (which is not the best either) with some 1 to 1 control.

The visuals are simply amazing. But they could have produced a better trailer and gameplay trailer. This looks really sloppy. E3 is when I think this game will shine and they have plenty of time to polish and refine the gameplay.

Everything about this game seems amazing to me, maybe I'm just not hard to please. The atmosphere is probably the most gorgeous I've ever seen in a game, PC games included (not saying they can't do it, I just haven't seen it). Whatever techniques they're implementing in this are top notch. I wonder if they'll offer the ability to disable the HUD. Game seems too gorgeous for distractions like that.

And seriously, wtf with the word "Generic" being thrown around left and right? This doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before. I mean yeah you could pick many things from many games and toss them all together, but can you not do that with everything on this planet? Hell this is their first attempt in this genre, some of you guys are ridiculously hard to please lol.

How about instead of ridiculous negativity, talk about what you'd rather they implemented. Don't like QTE's? That's cool, because hitting Triangle or R3 to instantly slap the screen hasn't been done before. Why didn't they just do that? At least QTE's have the chance to be awesome (GOW series), or maybe they'll be crap, at least give them the benefit of the doubt lol. RAD is an amazing developer and I'm not worried in the slightest.f

Er... any cover shooter is generic to me nowadays. The moment I see "conveniently placed waist height" boxes / walls I get disgusted by the game. You can have way better level designs and gameplay mechanisms than that stupid crap. I hate "waist height boxes and walls". Yes, I'm a "waist height boxes and walls"-racist. They bore the crap outta me. Fuck 'em.

Have they shown "waist height walls" in what little footage we've seen? Uncharted had a cover system, one that didn't rely on you being crouched almost ever. The cover was organic in it's implementation, you would hug onto boxes, walls, bridges, cars, anything actually built geometry wise. This isn't Gears of War 1 where it literally was chest height walls everywhere, Uncharted especially had massive elements of vertical movement. It doesn't have to be so obvious.

Top Bottom