• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, I have a girlfriend for the first time in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

I don't normally start threads like these....but here goes my live journal rant....

At 32 I have been pretty happy with being single. Perfectly happy actually. But then, you meet someone who completely changes things. I wasn't even really looking for anyone. I just found her online, thought her profile looked interesting and started a conversation. It turns out we had met casually at my work and she liked me from our interactions. We got to talking and found out we have a lot in common actually. She's even taking interest in things I like that she didn't before, and vice versa. Now we've been on a few dates and we're in a relationship which is something neither of us were looking for but it kind of happened. We've both said we're waiting for that one thing that is a deal breaker or for the other to end it, but it hasn't happened and I can't see it happening. I think the point is....for the first time in a while, I'm truly happy with things. It's refreshing really when something comes along and blows you away as I have been. This isn't even a "congrats on the sex" post, it's not even about that. This is actually the first relationship I have had that didn't start there, and it will only go there when we're ready....so yeah, I'm happy about things Gaf. [/livejournal]

TLDR Version: I have been happy being single, met someone awesome unexpectedly and it's an amazing thing.

Kerned

Banned
I got into a good relationship at 32 after being very happily single for years. We have been married for about three and a half years now.

Eiolon

TLDR Version: I have been happy being single, met someone awesome unexpectedly and it's an amazing thing.

That's the best way to meet someone. You've basically detoxed yourself from relationships, got humble so you can realize when it smacks you in your face what you are looking for.

WalkMan

Banned
This is one of those feel good threads. Except you should remove the pessimism about "looking for a dealbreaker". Just go with the flow.

Kaladin

This is one of those feel good threads. Except you should remove the pessimism about "looking for a dealbreaker". Just go with the flow.

It's there for both of us, but it's kind of a reassuring thing too because we aren't seeing that in each other, at all.

Congrats on the new relationship. It has that super awesome new car smell so take advantage of all the "new relationship" sex you have at your disposal.

Kaladin

That's the best way to meet someone. You've basically detoxed yourself from relationships, got humble so you can realize when it smacks you in your face what you are looking for.

You may be onto something here.

Does she know you posted about your relationship on an Internet forum?

That could be a deal breaker.

She doesn't but wouldn't mind. She has posted about us in other forums with non-specifics.

You may be onto something here.

She doesn't but wouldn't mind. She has posted about us in other forums with non-specifics.

The problem with this is it was not NeoGAF... she is using inferior forums to talk about your relationship. This should be a sign of things to come.

Koppai

What would be a deal breaker?

Congratulations though, nice to see a nice thread instead of all the negative/sad threads all the time (no offense to anyone)

Carlisle

I don't normally start threads like these....but here goes my live journal rant....

At 32 I have been pretty happy with being single. Perfectly happy actually. But then, you meet someone who completely changes things. I wasn't even really looking for anyone. I just found her online, thought her profile looked interesting and started a conversation. It turns out we had met casually at my work and she liked me from our interactions. We got to talking and found out we have a lot in common actually. She's even taking interest in things I like that she didn't before, and vice versa. Now we've been on a few dates and we're in a relationship which is something neither of us were looking for but it kind of happened. We've both said we're waiting for that one thing that is a deal breaker or for the other to end it, but it hasn't happened and I can't see it happening. I think the point is....for the first time in a while, I'm truly happy with things. It's refreshing really when something comes along and blows you

Nice.

In all seriousness, congrats op. Having someone is a great feeling. It's ok if you weren't looking for something serious as long as you're happy now, which you seem to be. I met my wife in a similar place in my life and I wouldn't change a thing. Not saying you'll marry this girl or not, just that unexpected things can be great.

adelante

Wow OP, we couldn't be more similar in this regard. Same age, been single for quite a while, met someone more a month ago and we got together a couple weeks back because things have never felt so right for the both of us. It's been nothing short of an amazing and refreshing experience. Can I just say, congrats to the both of us. ;D

Wait, so she didn't run away from your love of obscure country, psychobilly, or bluegrass music?

...You haven't mentioned it, have you? :p

Kaladin

so you weren't looking for someone, but met her through a online dating site?

It was more of a social network site. Not going to say what site for reasons.

Wait, so she didn't run away from your love of obscure country, psychobilly, or bluegrass music?

...You haven't mentioned it, have you? :p

Hah.

When we were first talking, and I asked her what music she likes she said jazz and blues...I thought "I can work with this." We got to trading songs back and forth and found some common threads.

Seth C

Congrats! I turn 35 this year and am about 3 years off from calling it quits on relationships. Happy someone else found what thy want. :)

Hah.

When we were first talking, and I asked her what music she likes she said jazz and blues...I thought "I can work with this." We got to trading songs back and forth and found some common threads.

That's nice to hear! Some musical open-mindedness goes a long way. Best of luck with it :)

Halcyon

I'm 32 and I am thoroughly enjoying being single and having casual sex once in awhile. I never got to do it in my 20's and it's great fun now.

I am dead inside so I'm glad you're going in the other direction. Hope it works out well for you.

TnK

Check if she likes the same taste in metal as you do, only way to know she is truly meant for you.

jk ofcourse....or am I?

At 32 I have been pretty happy with being single. Perfectly happy actually. But then, you meet someone who completely changes things. I wasn't even really looking for anyone. I just found her online,

wee-bey.gif

Kaladin

Check if she likes the same taste in metal as you do, only way to know she is truly meant for you.

jk ofcourse....or am I?

I'm working on the metal thing.....so far I've discovered she prefers clean vocals....so there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom