• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter for Barbarossa launched | Nazi lolis take on the Russians | Goal Met

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukan

97cd5b40f8f98f6e8c7a680eb8dc9881_large.jpg

Barbarossa is set in a fictional Second World War setting in which cute German military girls rush against Moscow to defeat the evil magician Stalin.

Goal is $10000 with an estimated release of September 2014

Goal reached in about 3 hours
10th stretch goal reached

Note: this is an existing Japanese deckbuilding game. The Kickstarter is for the english release.

Sample card from the original Japanese version, Adolf-tan:
p04.jpg

Kickstarter link

Cyan

Banned
Gosh, I know when I think about historical events and people that are ripe for a cutesy loli-tastic reimagining, I think of Nazi Germany and Hitler!

... actually, wasn't there already a video game like this?

A-V-B

Maybe it's just me, but if nazis can be lolis, this brings up the incredibly uncomfortable idea of Holocaust Lolis and harems... *shudder*

Man, when Japan has to turn to crowdfunding to get their anime WW2 games off the ground - you really know the industry is in trouble.

A-V-B

This is like a hard left turn into Neal Stephenson territory... Digitally crowd sourced Nazi loli card games...

Piecake

Good luck in Russia with those outfits.

Well, thats about what the German soldiers had because Hitler was too stupid to provide them with winter clothing because he didnt want to even consider a Russian winter campaign. So its actually realistic!

border

Just embarassing. If only someone could create a website that was the opposite of Kickstarter, where I could donate money to end a project's existence.....this game would be a prime candidate.

www.uplay.it-Barbarossa-2-400x400.png

A-V-B

Just embarassing. If only someone could create a website that was the opposite of Kickstarter, where I could donate money to end a project's existence.....this game would be a prime candidate.

Might as well have a card game where Japan's secret human experimentation team become lolis as well. Who raise flowers in a lab.

NJDEN

I would totally Kickstart an anti-Kickstart.

Dambrosi

Banned
I guess there's a serious point to be made here about how, as traumatic historical events become more distant from the present day, our memory of them fades, their cultural impact lessens, and we forget the important lessons learned through our ancestors' sacrifices and the evils committed in both sides' names in the course of war, and how the fading level of importance of WW2 in the minds of younger folk leads to (I'm sure, in the minds of many older people and their families) such disgusting heretical trash* even existing as commercial products.

But I also guess that this is not the thread for such a debate, nor can I be arsed to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom