• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

TheMoon

I wanted to drop this in here. I just got the game and learned about the online features. I am looking for more people to add to my friends list that has this game so I can learn more about what to do and just enjoy my overall experience. Here is my friend code:

0173-1290-1356 my 3DS name is Scrawnton and my Fantasy Life name is Anton... Please let me know if you add me and provide me with your code!

There is no "learning what to do" ...you just do what you want to do.

TheMoon

Well, regardless. It would be nice to have some friends to share the online experience with.

You'd need to tell people whether or not you've bought the Origin Island DLC expansion since online mp requires participants to either all have it or all not to have it.

Flintty

My 7 year old son kept borrowing my copy and loves the game so much, he wanted his own copy so we can play together. I took him to Game yesterday with some of his unwanted games to trade and we spent a couple of hours adventuring together. So damn good. I love this game!

Playing with someone else pretty much doubles the fun for me, I'm more of a sociable gamer.

My son is so far a proud wood cutter who has learned the way of the magician. He has a mostache.

Robin64

Europe.

Life in bloom (Flower petal mat)

B-IOUkfIcAE3Flz.png:medium

Ive just got the game months ago and felt a bit lost and put it away.

I want to give the game a new try. Is there some Kind of starter guide?

Flintty

Ive just got the game months ago and felt a bit lost and put it away.

I want to give the game a new try. Is there some Kind of starter guide?

Just follow what the game says and don't get too lost in the detail. The beauty of the game is that you can take it at your own pace. Yeah you might have that quest to craft a good quality bronze shield but you don't have to do it just yet.

If you look at your quests you have three categories. The first one is a list of quests for your life, for example Paladin or Magician. These can only be completed with your chosen life. If you swap to a cook then you will see cook quests here. The second one is for Bliss quests. I see these as the main story quests. If you want to power through the story then hammer these out (I wouldn't play it that way tbh). These can be completed with any life. The third list is a list of quests from people you have spoken to. These can be completed with any life.

The above probably reads more complicated than it is.

Just enjoy the exploration and quests. There is a Wiki if you get stuck :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got an email from Nintendo telling me I should buy the DLC. It had the code "Stay frosty!" for the snowman outfit, no idea if that's already been given out.

Got an email from Nintendo telling me I should buy the DLC. It had the code "Stay frosty!" for the snowman outfit, no idea if that's already been given out.
Holy shit. You're right. First code in MONTHS.

Also, Robin pointed out to me that you don't need the DLC to use the passcode so it's kinda shitty they phrased it that way (and I agree).

Niraj

Hmm, okay. Guess I'm at the end. Only thing left for me is to level up to 200. I really like this game, but I'm going to look forward to retiring this game.

I kind of miss playing it honestly. I finished everything months ago, but I still think about it.

This game offers an insane amount of content and enjoyment for its asking price.

More games like this on the 3DS!

Agreed, it's a lot of fun. Was one of my most enjoyed games last year.

charpunk

Picked this up on a whim the other day and already have 20 hours put into it. It's stupid addicting, and I'm not normally a fan of these types of games.

Is the DLC worth it?

Munkyspace

Picked this up on a whim the other day and already have 20 hours put into it. It's stupid addicting, and I'm not normally a fan of these types of games.

Is the DLC worth it?

DLC is pretty fun. Adds a friendship/level up dynamic to your pets and party members, gives you more customization options for your character, adds a daily quest and loot token aspect, as well as some rather intense dungeons for what you could call endgame grinding. That's aside from the extra story and job content, of course.

I've only done local coop, but if anyone would like to gallavant around, feel free to add me.

FC: 2809-9945-4435. PM me so I can add back.

charpunk

DLC is pretty fun. Adds a friendship/level up dynamic to your pets and party members, gives you more customization options for your character, adds a daily quest and loot token aspect, as well as some rather intense dungeons for what you could call endgame grinding. That's aside from the extra story and job content, of course.

I've only done local coop, but if anyone would like to gallavant around, feel free to add me.

FC: 2809-9945-4435. PM me so I can add back.

Sounds awesome. Totally picking it up once I eventually finish the main story.

The rewards for reaching master rank is pretty amusing. A really nice touch for this game.

It's just slightly less amusing when I got 11 lives to go through at once.

Ecto311

Watched some videos and I am still not sure if this would be a good buy for my 5yr old. I am going to be away soon for about 2 weeks and I am looking for games that we can play together while I am out of town. Is this good for that? Could she play and then team up with me and her mom later in the day for the bigger things? Is there a shitload of reading that could make this hard to do without a parent?

TheMoon

Watched some videos and I am still not sure if this would be a good buy for my 5yr old. I am going to be away soon for about 2 weeks and I am looking for games that we can play together while I am out of town. Is this good for that? Could she play and then team up with me and her mom later in the day for the bigger things? Is there a shitload of reading that could make this hard to do without a parent?

Yes there is a shitload of reading.
Yes you can play together but you can't do story quest in co-op.

So I think in your particular case it's not well suited for what you're looking for.

Co-op stuff from the OP: (seriously, read the OP for good info)

How extensive is the online multiplayer in this game/can I advance in the story with friends?
Unfortunately you cannot advance the story whilst you are in multiplayer, so you’ll need to advance in the story when you are not in the multiplayer. But you’ll be able to explore in different areas whilst in multiplayer, so you are not bounded to the same screen/area.

What can I do and can't do in multiplayer? (Credits to Chaos17)
Things you can't do in co-op :
- use link mode's chat
- use quick map teleport
- talk to NPC quest so be sure to take quest before going online
- can only trade through a chest at the guild
- you can't change job
- you can't advance in the story
- you can't use the hairstyler

Good thing about co-op :
- exp is shared
- each player has his own loot so no need to fight over loot. Only bounties are unique and up to 3 for all the party.
- You get more exp if all players kill the same mob.
- Challenges like killing X mobs are count for players with the quest.
- Bounties reward multiply with the number of players
- You can teleport to players within your online party with the map.

L~A

Question about the bag expension: you can't get over 300 items before completing the main game even if you buy the DLC, right?

Also, any tips on what kind of items I can leave in the wardrobe without needing them later?

Tripon

Question about the bag expension: you can't get over 300 items before completing the main game even if you buy the DLC, right?

Also, any tips on what kind of items I can leave in the wardrobe without needing them later?
You can put all materials in storage and still access them when you make armor, cook stuff, etc.

Niraj

Just picked this up today on the eshop. Totally engrossed. It's gonna eat my life. Should I buy the DLC now, or wait until I'm done with story missions?

If you know you're going to get it for sure, get it now. It'll give you the ally friendship system at least.

Niraj

We only have top PAL charts where the game made its way to :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132114965&postcount=1

But no sales numbers like in Japan.

There were a few approximate numbers given out in some of the NPD threads too:

October: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=140704327 (level-5 is referring to Fantasy Life)

December: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=147692408 (FL in this case)

So ~142K through December in the US. I don't know if there were any updates after that.

Ants

So, I started playing this game a couple days ago. I got it for free with Smash when it came out, and I just didn't end up giving it the time of day until now. It's quite good!

I was curious if there's any good ways to make money early on. I've just arrived at Port Puerto. I'm an Adept Cook and Miner so far, haven't tried any other classes. In particular I'm looking for some high profit margin recipes with what I can get right now, because I can do that mindlessly while watching TV or something.

Robin64

I was curious if there's any good ways to make money early on. I've just arrived at Port Puerto. I'm an Adept Cook and Miner so far, haven't tried any other classes. In particular I'm looking for some high profit margin recipes with what I can get right now, because I can do that mindlessly while watching TV or something.

Apple juice! Buy apples at the market, go make apple juice at the top quality, sell it. Profit! Repeat until bored.

Ants

Apple juice! Buy apples at the market, go make apple juice at the top quality, sell it. Profit! Repeat until bored.

Right now, I'm doing Port Town Gratin, which seems to net me 1120 per 840 spent (280 profit margin), which I think is significantly faster >_>

zigg

Juuuuust beat the main story. Huzzah!

I probably would've done it a long time ago, but I kept wandering off to do other things. 😅

Top Bottom