• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, I have a girlfriend for the first time in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, OP. Great news.

I'm going through pretty much the same thing, wasn't really looking to date anyone but I met an awesome girl through a friend and we are hitting it off. We talked last week about it and agreed to keep seeing eachother and take it slow, which is good because I don't really have any expectations but I'm digging her quite a bit.

Funny how it can happen after deciding you're not really interested in looking for someone. Sometimes the right type of girl just comes along through chance.

rokkerkory

I don't normally start threads like these....but here goes my live journal rant....

At 32 I have been pretty happy with being single. Perfectly happy actually. But then, you meet someone who completely changes things. I wasn't even really looking for anyone. I just found her online, thought her profile looked interesting and started a conversation. It turns out we had met casually at my work and she liked me from our interactions. We got to talking and found out we have a lot in common actually. She's even taking interest in things I like that she didn't before, and vice versa. Now we've been on a few dates and we're in a relationship which is something neither of us were looking for but it kind of happened. We've both said we're waiting for that one thing that is a deal breaker or for the other to end it, but it hasn't happened and I can't see it happening. I think the point is....for the first time in a while, I'm truly happy with things. It's refreshing really when something comes along and blows you away as I have been. This isn't even a "congrats on the sex" post, it's not even about that. This is actually the first relationship I have had that didn't start there, and it will only go there when we're ready....so yeah, I'm happy about things Gaf. [/livejournal]

TLDR Version: I have been happy being single, met someone awesome unexpectedly and it's an amazing thing.

That is pretty awesome man! It sounds like where I am at as well. Wasn't looking for something and perfectly happy then BAM! Love comes. :D

Kaladin

In this situation, I'm finding it actually takes some time to wrap my head around the fact that I have a girlfriend now.

([scat] bung, bung, bung, bung..........)

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Give him two lips like roses and clover (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.
Sandman, I'm so alone
Don't have nobody to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.

([scat] bung, bung, bung, bung.....)

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen
Give him the word that I'm not a rover
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.
Sandman, I'm so alone
Don't have nobody to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.

([scat] bung, bung, bung, bung)

Mr. Sandman ([male voice:] Yesss?) bring us a dream
Give him a pair of eyes with a "come-hither" gleam
Give him a lonely heart like Pagliacci
And lots of wavy hair like Liberace
Mr Sandman, someone to hold (someone to hold)
Would be so peachy before we're too old
So please turn on your magic beam
Mr Sandman, bring us, please, please, please
Mr Sandman, bring us a dream.

([scat] bung, bung, bung, bung....)

Congrats :]

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't normally start threads like these....but here goes my live journal rant....

At 32 I have been pretty happy with being single. Perfectly happy actually. But then, you meet someone who completely changes things. I wasn't even really looking for anyone. I just found her online, thought her profile looked interesting and started a conversation. It turns out we had met casually at my work and she liked me from our interactions. We got to talking and found out we have a lot in common actually. She's even taking interest in things I like that she didn't before, and vice versa. Now we've been on a few dates and we're in a relationship which is something neither of us were looking for but it kind of happened. We've both said we're waiting for that one thing that is a deal breaker or for the other to end it, but it hasn't happened and I can't see it happening. I think the point is....for the first time in a while, I'm truly happy with things. It's refreshing really when something comes along and blows you away as I have been. This isn't even a "congrats on the sex" post, it's not even about that. This is actually the first relationship I have had that didn't start there, and it will only go there when we're ready....so yeah, I'm happy about things Gaf. [/livejournal]

TLDR Version: I have been happy being single, met someone awesome unexpectedly and it's an amazing thing.

This was basically me 4 months ago. I'm 27, though. It's a great feeling. I was even set being single.

At 32 I have been pretty happy with being single. Perfectly happy actually. But then, you meet someone who completely changes things. I wasn't even really looking for anyone.

In my experience this is the best place to start a relationship from. Good on you, OP. Congratulations.

Quick

Banned
i9zqcc4k1VR9o.gif

Cheers, OP.

xenist

Don't forget to feed her pizza at least once a week. But never during the night.

Getting her wet is OK though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom