• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs PC specs for trailer confirmed; Requires i7-4770K with a GF 780 for Ultra

viveks86

• A lot of different specs will run the game at high level of detail, but for ultra you’ll need at least an Intel Core i7-4770K with a GeForce 780
  • The Nvidia Tech PC video was recorded on a rig with an Intel Core i7-3930K and a GeForce Titan.
  • Those that use an AMD video card won’t be able to enjoy Nvidia’s TXAA (Temporal Anti-Aliasing). HBAO+ (Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion), while developed by Nvidia, will still work on AMD cards.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/13/watch_dogs-pc-video-recorded-on-rig-with-core-i7-3930k-and-geforce-titan-amd-cards-will-have-hbao/

I'm not a PC gamer and I have no idea if this is good news or bad news. Will let PC GAF decide :)

HowZatOZ

Banned
Hmm, could I get that kind of quality with a GTX770? Or should I pay the extra $100 and just go 780?

Also it seems that by this statement we can expect PS4/XBO to be running rather low settings? Or just remove some of the Nvidia features?

Corpekata

Banned
Hmm, could I get that kind of quality with a GTX770? Or should I pay the extra $100 and just go 780?

Also it seems that by this statement we can expect PS4/XBO to be running rather low settings? Or just remove some of the Nvidia features?

The referenced specs are in reference to ultra settings. They mention it'll run at high for a lot of specs.

slabrock

Banned
I have an i7...920. I'm trying to hold out to build my new computer until Witcher 3 gets close but I don't know if I can.

solarus

I7s getting use in gaming now? Welp. When i made my build in september, i was considering paying more for the 4770k but it didnt seem like having an i7 was worth it so i got the 4670k.

3570k 780 here. think ill still probably just play it on high or w/e to get it to 60fps.

once you drive in an open world game at 60fps, you just can't go back.

i5 3570k
GTX 670

:(

sad-couple-hug-cute-bench.jpg

Don't worry too much, we can still run it at ultra
At 10 FPS

StevieP

Banned
PS4 version it is then.

I'm sure my 7970 would fare well enough with mostly everything maxed, but I don't like my chances with a 920.

Posts like these make very little sense to me. Both of those things are more powerful than the things inside the ps4, by quite a large margin in fact.
And the result is that it would still be a better experience.

Just built my rig this last Feb-March. It's a Steam Machine box for the living room. It has a 4770k and a GTX 780 so I should be fine on ultra. If this game turns out to be great it shall be mine.

Posts like these make very little sense to me. Both of those things are more powerful than the things inside the ps4, by quite a large margin in fact.

Capping a framerate and lowering pebble quality is hard

My 3770k and 680 feel the visuals aren't worth the amount of effort required on their part but they are looking forward to their star citizen workout

It really wouldn't, though.

Yes, an i7 920 and a 7970 are quite a bit better than the components inside of a PS4 but, sadly, it doesn't work like that. In AC IV, for example, my system can't keep 30 FPS with PS4 equivalent graphical settings. And AC IV's recommended card was a 5850. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when they recommend a 780 and 4770k.

There's also the fact that I can't stand fluctuating framerates. I'm not going to be able to keep 60 fps, so in order to make the game run smoothly I'll have to set my monitor's refresh rate to 30Hz. Visually it's fine, but the input lag is much worse than it is on a console. It's just easier to buy the game on PS4 and not have to mess with anything.

REV 09

i wonder if this is for targeting 60fps. normally these games ask for crazy specs, but i just lock the framerate at 30fps and crank everything up no prob.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Maybe I'm crazy or maybe it was the youtube compression, but the visuals don't necessarily seem all that demanding.

bro1

Banned
I wonder how my 3570k a@4.2 and my 780 ti will handle it. I don't have hyper threading but I have higher clocks.

pa22word

It really wouldn't, though.

Yes, an i7 920 and a 7970 are quite a bit better than the components inside of a PS4 but, sadly, it doesn't work like that. In AC IV, for example, my system can't keep 30 FPS with PS4 equivalent graphical settings.

Yeah, I can't really believe that. I was getting stable performance in that game with 5870 @ PS4ish performance,

The only way I can buy that sub30 fps is if you were cranking hard on the PC exclusive settings and/or using MSAA (no console version of the game uses it).

Top Bottom