• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs featuring NVIDIA Technologies trailer

psn

Doesnt look bad at all, only the thunder is - compared to the one in AC - not that great.

No matter how good it may be, not going to watch the trailer until it's up at gamersyde or some similar high-bitrate video site because I know I can only appreciate it if there is little to no compression.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Spoiler: HBAO+, TXAA.

HBAO+ did look pretty great in Ass Flags:

11095374444_538bbf25ed_o_d.png

TheCloser

Banned
Holy shit that looks amazing!

Dare I say, better than the reveal demo.

haha haha haha, joke post right?

The lighting is still poor and it still looks like a last gen game at a higher resolution so i'm not really impressed. It looks like the reveal demo is indeed lost for good.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
HBAO+ looks nice there but it sucks it's exclusive to nVidia cards since it's more efficient and higher quality than typical HBAO implementations.

Qassim

Are the PC exclusive technologies? I assume they would be present in the next gen versions to some extent

It's NVIDIA exclusive stuff. HBAO+ and TXAA are stuff you only find in the NVIDIA versions of the PC game. So yeah - you won't find these specific 'technologies' in the console version (or the version running on AMD PC hardware).

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
My impressions still stand even with the PC version - downgraded.

Still l look forward to the reviews but pre-order not reinstated.

Not impressed at all. Lightning looks fake and just off. Lighting doesn't look impressive. The animation of the tress looks last gen. Doesn't match up to the reveal at all.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Spoiler: HBAO+, TXAA.
Yeaaaahh, that seems a bit suspect. Those are such basic features that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Not impressed at all. Lighting looks fake and just off. The animation of the tress looks last gen. Doesn't match up to the reveal at all.
I do feel as if the reveal has been over-hyped at this point. Its reflections were more simplistic than what we've seen in games like Second Son, for instance, and don't reflect most of the world (just selected lights). The wind physics really seem to be on par with the reveal in this trailer.

What is it about the reveal that you think this falls so far from?

We can't compare the action parts, obviously, as this trailer lacks that but the environment at dusk and in the rain looks very similar.

The one thing that seems to have changed is the general color scheme. It seems brighter and slightly less realistic than the reveal.

ButchCat

Ubisoft enjoyed trolling PC elitists and another April Fool's joke with Nvidia's logo thrown in there never hurts.

haha haha haha, joke post right?

The lighting is still poor and it still looks like a last gen game at a higher resolution so i'm not really impressed. It looks like the reveal demo is indeed lost for good.

Not a joke post, those night shots looked identical to the ones in the reveal demo, and other parts in my opinion looked better.

Gbraga

Some of those night shots were very impressive, though I'm not sure that's just because of NVidia's tech, it's probably just as impressive (maybe just a bit less) on current gen consoles. Still looks underwhelming during the day.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Looks good, may double dip on the PC version after a few months.

*PS4 version shown.

Surprised there's no improved cloth with physx. Bundle this with a new card and I'll bite. Does Nvidia even bundle games anymore or is it all f2p shit?

MaxiLive

EppH8MI.png

I really liked the lighting on those small trees :D

I think the game is looking great! Not as good as the reveal but still pretty tasty. It does look somewhat bland compared to other games but I think that is mainly because it is just a city it lacks variety and nuances. If you compare it to TLOU or Black Flag they have a lot of foilage and destruction for creativity where as from what I have seen of Watchdogs it looks rather normal. No doubting there will be lots of personal details to each area but they defiantly don't stand out as much compared to other games with a more interesting art style or environment.

Top Bottom