• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs featuring NVIDIA Technologies trailer

This thread basically:
gaf_zps59ba8dfa.gif

Seanspeed

Banned
The lightning looks good to me. People are really nitpicking.
Ok I think I realize what makes it look so bad - its that the lighting changes seem to encompass the buildings rather than just flash in the background/sky.

It needs to either light up the whole area or just the sky. Having it partially light up areas of the ground looks weird as hell.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So no nvidia physx ?!
The differences won't be as huge as i was expecting
How is PhysX performance on high-end nVidia cards, by the way?

In some older games I can use it fine (like Mirror's Edge) but some of the more recent games to feature support for it run like dog shit on my 680. It's a choice between 60 fps or wildly unstable often sub-30 fps with full PhysX in many games. Really annoying. Hard to get excited about it when I can't use it yet.

Water

To me, the biggest problem with the earlier footage was people looking weird and sickly. Maybe Ubisoft agrees that they don't look very good, since this trailer has exactly zero closeups of people. Skin shaders no good yet?

I think HBAO+ is helping the characters, especially making them feel more attached to the scene.

Setsuna

In some older games I can use it fine (like Mirror's Edge) but some of the more recent games to feature support for it run like dog shit on my 680. It's a choice between 60 fps or wildly unstable often sub-30 fps with full PhysX in many games. Really annoying. Hard to get excited about it when I can't use it yet.

Going anywhere near smoke with a Gtx 780 at max settings will bring the framerate to around 20 fps

Oh. This thread is already sliding to traditional ''this look like last gen game'' discussion. I wonder who is first one that compares this to GTA IV like in last thread. Some people really wear pretty strong nostalgia glasses. Lookin to be easily best looking open world game after Infamous.

jet1911

Ok I think I realize what makes it look so bad - its that the lighting changes seem to encompass the buildings rather than just flash in the background/sky.

It needs to either light up the whole area or just the sky. Having it partially light up areas of the ground looks weird as hell.

Yeah, looks like it's lighting up a kind a white fog that's not there when the no lightning. Looks weird. Also the lighting in general looks really flat and the colors in the daytime shots looks washed out.

Oh. This thread is already sliding to traditional ''this look like last gen game'' discussion. I wonder who is first one that compares this to GTA IV like in last thread. Some people really wear pretty strong nostalgia glasses. Lookin to be easily best looking open world game after Infamous.

Except it doesn't look much more impressive than a last gen game... Infamous SS looks amazing IMO while this just meh.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So no nvidia physx ?!
The differences won't be as huge as i was expecting

Yup, The lack of PhysX enhanced effects (water, smoke, clothes..ect) is really weird here

oc 780 here. it works fine don't really tanks the framerate that much in most of the games (in AC4 it does but it was a shitty port tho).

Kinda disappointing video (not the gameplay footage, the Nvidia marketing) as HBAO+ and TXAA are not exactly brand new and/or exciting imo. Was hoping for something with more visual punch or extra physics etc. Yes, i'm a spoiled brat!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Except it doesn't look much more impressive than a last gen game... Infamous SS looks amazing IMO while this just meh.
Which last gen sandbox games look this good?

I certainly can't think of any. People mention GTAV all the time but it ran at 720p with a wildly unstable and often low frame-rate alongside generally poor image quality. None of the advanced lighting or physics here were present in GTAV. I can't think of any other last generation open world games that compare.

pixlexic

Banned
Oh ubisoft .. You tempt me once again with the exclusive feature sets on PC/nvidia.. Yet then turn around and erase all my save data with random uplay updates later.

:(.

Seanspeed

Banned
It does have some very GTA-ish assets, like the NPC's and vehicles.

The game does look impressive at times, but I think Infamous is far, far more consistently impressive(from what I've seen, haven't played it).

I wont be buying Day 1, but I'll be eager to see some uncompressed footage and direct screenshots once its released.

Looks like the footage we have seen the last few months but with the contrast turned up

looks like the 2012 reveal...gorgeous stuff

yeah... no. The geometry is still a massive downgrade. All this recent footage has bump mapping on the ground and walls instead of actual definition like in the 2012 / PS meeting footage. You dont need uncompressed 1080p video to see that downgrade

Phil4000

Needs Physx... I am disappoint :(

and that Youtube quality is horrendous.
Will wait for HQ download before I make my final judgment on the visuals...

Which last gen sandbox games look this good?

I certainly can't think of any. People mention GTAV all the time but it ran at 720p with a wildly unstable and often low frame-rate alongside generally poor image quality. None of the advanced lighting or physics here were present in GTAV. I can't think of any other last generation open world games that compare.

Watching every new gameplay video of this game since the reveal shows sticklike character animation. It's extremely wooden. The lighting doesn't seem too impressive, especially for a 2014 release on the PC. A game that is suppose to be pushing the hardware. Realize I'm referring to this version since Ubi continues to mention the PC version. We don't have a GTA5 to compare it too but this doesn't even seem too much more impressive of GTA5 on the PS3/Xbox.

bj00rn_

Banned
I'm feeling ambivalent about this. It looks fairly good. But even with "exclusive" technology it kinda feels like another game trapped inside parity development.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit. This game is gonna be so cool.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The kids playing with the remote control drone in the park was really cool, and I liked how the screen on his mobile device was short and squat. I wish this game was out right now.

riflen

It seems to vary from title to title. Warframe, for example, uses it to great effect and performance is excellent. Ditto for Remember Me.
I don't have Arkham Origins (I hear the PhysX effects are costly), but Arkham City doesn't seem to bother 780 Ti s at all. Borderlands 2 sometimes grinds to a halt when everything hits the fan though.

I've yet to try Metro:Last Light at length and I can't think of any other titles I have that use it.

It does have some very GTA-ish assets, like the NPC's and vehicles.

The game does look impressive at times, but I think Infamous is far, far more consistently impressive(from what I've seen, haven't played it).

I wont be buying Day 1, but I'll be eager to see some uncompressed footage and direct screenshots once its released.

Well infamous is this gen exclusive for one platform. Watch_Dogs is cross gen and developed for five different platforms (six if you still count WiiU). It's not exactly surprising that it doesn't quite match Infamous. Still easily better looking than any last gen open world game.

farisr

Didn't convince me to get the pc version over the ps4 one.

Now waiting for some news on whether that rumor about "needs to be online" to play single player statement turns out to be true or not. Hopefully not, and since the guy who claimed that here stopped the vetting process gives me hope that either the info was false or it's not set in stone yet and he didn't want to risk a ban.

Ryoohki360

Neo Member
HBAO+ rocks! In Arma3 it's at a GodSend actually 10FPS fsater than High AO and look better.

TXAA depand on titles, i prefer it is AC4, but i'am not using it in Batman Origin.

Top Bottom