• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs featuring NVIDIA Technologies trailer

It's $38.60 on G2A right now (Uplay). If it were a year ago I would've jumped on that deal.....but now I'm getting lukewarm vibes. They keep showing off footage with a bland artstyle and non-varied gameplay (compared to Gta, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, etc). If the visuals were at least as impressive as they were in the initial reveal then I'd buy it solely for that because I'm a graphics whore.

Ryoohki360

Neo Member
imho infamous is a clust&&&&& of flashy colors. It look goods, but a lot of things are pre canned. I've played it a little at a friends house and i was under the impression of having a estacy trip. never played the first one tought.

One world game always are downgraded visually due to the size of the maps and things that are going on. But sometime it's just surprising.

Guess we will see on May 27th, just hope it's using multicore and not just single core..

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
laughing at the lightning hate.

Does anyone else see the lightning light reflection on the pavement? To me, that's pretty good.

Akai__

Would love to hear, what specs they used to make this. This should always be specified under an official video.

Looks pretty much the same as the PS4 version with a couple of higher quality effects. No different from ACIV PS4 --> to PC really. I think it looks good overall. I do think people have rose tinted glasses for the reveal. It looked great of course, but both that and this look much less impressive than the Division. That is the litmiss test to me.

Anyway, I like what I see overall. Infamous may look better visually, but this looks to have a more detailed world.

MJLord

Not impressed at all! Looks like something that can easy run on a mid-range card like 880gtx.

This looks great. Especially with the shit being thrown around recently I think some people need to step back and re-evaluate how they feel about how this game looks again.

Kiant

Looks decent but there are a few scenes that stand out, like the lightning part ugh. The lighting during the day still looks very meh compared to the night time.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
High or stupid?

This looks great. Especially with the shit being thrown around recently I think some people need to step back and re-evaluate how they feel about how this game looks again.

Well sleeping dogs runs really well on a 880gtx heh, and that looks better imo.

Honestly I think Hitman Absolution looks better as well.

GavinUK86

After seeing the trailer I popped my head in here to see what people we're talking about. I have no idea why I thought there might actually be a different discussion than last time. Nope. Same old. "Waaaah, downgrade". No pleasing some people, huh?

I think it looks fantastic. Well, I've always thought it looked fantastic. Think I'll get it for PS4 though. I don't think my 660 can do much with it.

AdanVC

Those lightings look totally like glitches. Other than that, just beautiful. The city looks so alive and detailed. Too bad you need a monster (expensive as hell) PC to be able to admire all of this details in all it's glory.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Are dedicated PhysX cards still crap? I'm thinking of picking up a 750 as a dedicated dedicated PhysX. Is this a bad idea?

Raven77

Comparison between now and the E3 2012 footage:

E3 2012:
http://a.pomf.se/mwjtgv.webm

Now:
http://a.pomf.se/vkkpcy.webm

Current version looks worse. No fog particle effects, no skybox highlights for the lightning, no anamorphic lens flares and rain particles are almost non-existent.

Well what game doesnt look worse after 2 years of time to improve it and optimize it, etc.

Oh...wait...

Pretty much time to confirm that the original video was a deception. No reason a PC game should look worse after 2 years of extra development time.

How is PhysX performance on high-end nVidia cards, by the way?

In some older games I can use it fine (like Mirror's Edge) but some of the more recent games to feature support for it run like dog shit on my 680. It's a choice between 60 fps or wildly unstable often sub-30 fps with full PhysX in many games. Really annoying. Hard to get excited about it when I can't use it yet.

it works... ok. There might be more hitches, but i can benchmark batman origins at 1440p averaging 55fps on a stock 780 classy. the snow effect looks fucking fantastic in that.

surprised there isn't physx here. so the trash flowing the wind uses their own tech?

Ryoohki360

Neo Member
Looks good. TXAA is what i'd love on consoles.....

Anyway, seems they did put some effort in to it.

TXAA won't be on it because it's a performance hog. It use a combo of MSAA and FXAA + other stuff. Maybe 2xTXAA would be possible, but at 1080p you need 4xTXAA, at 1440p, 2X do the job, at 4K too..

vio

I was not serious at all in post above. Thanks for editing your post anyway.
Game does not looks sharp really, should be much better considering PC requirements.

Ryoohki360

Neo Member
it works... ok. There might be more hitches, but i can benchmark batman origins at 1440p averaging 55fps on a stock 780 classy. the snow effect looks fucking fantastic in that.

surprised there isn't physx here. so the trash flowing the wind uses their own tech?

Yes it does, there's a video on youtube that shows it..

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Most of it is looking good, the environment especially. The cars and the NPC are nothing out of ordinary, even bad sometimes. The lighting is ok, but still below the E3 2012 trailer. That lightning look like it stroke in the wrong place. I think it will look good in the end on the PC.

And probably I need a new PC in the next months.

HBAO plus is a great addtion obviously, but I thought there would be much more (physx effects perhaps or apex usage).

Also, a reminder what this game SHOULD look like unless ubisoft are tight lipped liars who post bullshit in screenshots.

watch_dogs_4jus2w.jpg

According to this screen the game should have impecable AA options, Parallax occlusion mapping, and highly detailed crash simulations.

Ryoohki360

Neo Member
I was not serious at all in post above. Thanks for editing your post anyway.
Game does not looks sharp really, should be much better considering PC requirements.

To be fair, it's a crappy 6mbits 1080p video too. I mean i record video on youtube and generally they are atrocious compared to the source, Muddy, wihtout detail and sharpness..

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Well what game doesnt look worse after 2 years of time to improve it and optimize it, etc.

Oh...wait...

Pretty much time to confirm that the original video was a deception. No reason a PC game should look worse after 2 years of extra development time.

Yea the difference is shocking. I always assumed the PC version would look like that :/

I also maybe we just got used to seeing next gen visuals, but that is clearly not the case. The game looks a lot worse than the original reveal.

GavinUK86

HBAO plus is a great addtion obviously, but I thought there would be much more (physx effects perhaps or apex usage).

Also, a reminder what this game SHOULD look like unless ubisoft are tight lipped liars who post bullshit in screenshots.

watch_dogs_4jus2w.jpg

According to this screen the game should have impecable AA options, Parallax occlusion mapping, and highly detailed crash simulations.

When did anyone say THAT was an in-game screenshot? News to me. Anyone with half a brain can see it blatantly isn't.

Top Bottom