• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs PC specs for trailer confirmed; Requires i7-4770K with a GF 780 for Ultra

roMonster

I wonder if this is before or after the nvidia beta drivers--I assume its a dx11 game.

Should be interesting how my 4670k @ 4.4 and 780 ghz should handle this.

Timu

i5-2500k, SLI dual 4GB 670s owner here, man I hope my cpu will just be enough, but I may go for the console version.

UnrealEck

lol at people thinking a Core i7 920 is dated. That's probably the best CPU I've ever owned. It's an awesome CPU.

I'll be interested to see the console versions of WD so I can see how comparable visual settings run on PC. Let's see how well Ubisoft have done this time.

Glad I don't have the headaches pc gamers are going to have upgrading, I'll make do with the PS4 version.

PC gamers don't have to upgrade. You don't need to tweak things. It's just a plus that it's optional on PC. It's as if you've not played a PC game for 10 years.

Obeso

Banned
And that is why I bought a PS4 instead of a new PC (I have a 2011 gaming laptop).
I will wait another 1-2 years before building a new rig, so the req spec will no jump as fast with game engines more stablished.

Yeah, I can't really believe that. I was getting stable performance in that game with 5870 @ PS4ish performance,

The only way I can buy that sub30 fps is if you were cranking hard on the PC exclusive settings and/or using MSAA (no console version of the game uses it).
1. I can assure you the game regularly dropped into the mid-low 20's on my system. My average fps was probably above 40, but I could go from 60 to 24 fps simply by rotating the camera 180 degrees in certain areas. Areas with heavy vegetation really killed performance.

2. Define "PS4-ish" performance. As far as I can tell, the PS4 version is the same as the PC version with everything maxed except for:
- Very high shadows instead of PCSS
- SSAO as opposed to HBAO+
- Environment quality high rather than very high (although PS4 could have very high, it's hard to tell)
- 2xMSAA. SMAA and FXAA look worse than PS4 and 4xMSAA looks better, so 2xMSAA seems about right.

The textures, reflections, god rays etc. were all identical.

BY2K

Membero Americo
i7 4770k
Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5
16GB RAM

ibtavz7yfTayqG.gif

Suddenly that thread with the rumour of console equivalent settings being "low" makes more sense.

Why is that, Tomb Raider and ACIV (both cross gen games like WD) on PS4 both look incredible. I have no idea for sure but I wouldn't think those look like the "low" PC settings, maybe not Ultra but certainly not low or even medium PC settings. Of course with PC you can crank the resolution above 1080p, add more AA and have 60 instead of 30fps if you have the hardware.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I look forward to picking up this game for free with a new Nvidia 780 later in the year. =)

Serandur

3770K and 780 GHz Edition here; Ivy Bridge should have no problem, neither should Sandy Bridge. Honestly, I just call bullshit on the i7 part too. 2500Ks and up should be perfectly fine (as should even overclocked first-gen i7s) and Ultra probably includes some nice and demanding real AA options and the like inflating the recommended GPU specs. No need to freak out, sounds just like AC IV, though hopefully this time Ubisoft actually implements adequate multithreading support (which they've never really done; hence their CPU recommendation is very possibly bullcrap). AC IV on any settings seems to overload one CPU core and higher graphical settings to load that core even more, so for some odd reason, AC IV is almost always CPU bottlenecked at decent settings.

Portman

Hmm with the new computer I'm specing out right now I should be able to run this at max. I'll still go with the PS4 version of the game though to be safe and will grab the PC version later on. I'm still wary of Ubisoft after the early Assassin's Creed PC ports, although the recent stuff has been okay.

UrbanRats

I don't know, the game doesn't look that stunning to me.

I mean it looks great, but the frame rate was already sketchy in that nvidia video, with a Titan...

Although some things looks really nice, like the grass in this shot:

ib0lqmGsleAIxu.gif

viveks86

I'm mobile ATM so too lazy too search but wasn't there ridiculous specs initially leaked like last year...what were they again?

Minimum:
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Recommended:
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
Processor: Eight core - Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

bro1

Banned
Glad I don't have the headaches pc gamers are going to have upgrading, I'll make do with the PS4 version.
You do understand that a 660ti and a 2500k are going to have a better graphical experience than a ps4 in most games? Ultra in WD seems to be leaps ahead of most games and is probably going to be the next crysis in terms of performance

beercr8te

Banned
or we could make due with the settings of the ps4 version...every game doesn't have to be maxed out.

That's one of the plus's to PC gaming, flexibility. I still remember my time when i played on PC, too expensive for me now with family and bills unfortunately.

beercr8te

Banned
You do understand that a 660ti and a 2500k are going to have a better graphical experience than a ps4 in most games? Ultra in WD seems to be leaps ahead of most games and is probably going to be the next crysis in terms of performance

Well if you get better performance good for you, like i said, i'll make do with the PS4 version.

Right now I'm slowly buying parts for the new computer I'm building. These are the specs far for it:

Intel i7-4820K LGA
MotherBoard ASUS|RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION R
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)

I'm waiting till 780ti 6gb version comes out.

It's should be able to run the game at Ultra for me..

pa22word

1. I can assure you the game regularly dropped into the mid-low 20's on my system. My average fps was probably above 40, but I could go from 60 to 24 fps simply by rotating the camera 180 degrees in certain areas. Areas with heavy vegetation really killed performance.

2. Define "PS4-ish" performance. As far as I can tell, the PS4 version is the same as the PC version with everything maxed except for:
- Very high shadows instead of PCSS
- SSAO as opposed to HBAO+
- Environment quality high rather than very high (although PS4 could have very high, it's hard to tell)
- 2xMSAA. SMAA and FXAA look worse than PS4 and 4xMSAA looks better, so 2xMSAA seems about right.

The textures, reflections, god rays etc. were all identical.

I say PS4ish because there's no way to really accurately pin down with 100% precision what the PS4 version was running. Btw, the godrays and MSAA were exclusive to the PC version. PS4 version uses SMAA or some other PPAA like it. I did a rough AA comparison chart when the game originally came out and the PS4 version most matched up with SMAA style filtering.

Considering that, if you dropped the godrays and MSAA (!!!) you'd almost definitely keep at least 30 frames. MSAA is a performance hog out the ass on modern game engines.

Is this for 1080p 60fps?

If so, I shall embrace my 30fps with little to no AA lol
Unless the video has issues with encoding, 60 fps doesn't seem likely for the recommended specs.

I say PS4ish because there's no way to really accurately pin down with 100% precision what the PS4 version was running. Btw, the godrays and MSAA were exclusive to the PC version. PS4 version uses SMAA or some other PPAA like it. I did a rough AA comparison chart when the game originally came out and the PS4 version most matched up with SMAA style filtering.
I assumed that the PS4 version used some kind of post AA, but it looks much better than SMAA does on PC. Even if it doesn't use it, the AA on the PS4 version resembles 2xMSAA the most. And there are most definitely god rays on the PS4 version. When the game first came out I had them turned down on PC because they were a large performance hit, but once I saw how they looked on the PS4 version I decided to keep them on.

Also, I'm not an idiot :p. I know that MSAA is costly, but it didn't make much of a difference in my minimum FPS. With FXAA or SMAA I would only gain 1 fps in the slowest areas compared to 2xMSAA. The difference was almost negligible.

Kssio_Aug

GTX 570 and i5-2500 here. Thank god I dont mind PC games anymore, excepet for Diablo 3 and Guildy Wars, and will not even bother upgrading it to play those games anymore.

Watch_Dogs PS4 version here. Besides I am not expecting too much of it anymore, after that impressive and disappoiting downgrade.

scitek

I'll be alright with turning some settings down considering I only paid $25 for the game. :D The best part about PC gaming is playing games at higher settings/better framerates after upgrading, anyway.

Top Bottom