• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opening for Stranger of Sword City - White Palace

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
EXP Inc. the company behind the upcoming Demon Gaze and many other Wizardry type of dungeon crawlers has released a new trailer showing the opening for Stranger of Sword City - White Palace 剣の街の異邦人 白の王宮.

This will be coming out initially here in Japan on the

X360 - June 5th
PC - August 22nd
Vita - TBA

(click on image to watch)

If I do get the 360 version will do an impression thread on it. Not sure if Id have time to do an actual OT on it. Might consider it though.

Heres the previous trailer.

Parakeetman

Love the art of this game. Will buy Demon Gaze and hope that more Experience games come to the West.

Good to hear! Indeed the art style is great. Really like the direction they went with this title. Hope the story and support characters will be good.

My guess is it will be similar to along the lines of how 円卓の生徒 Students of Round went, with there being pre-set story characters that you use in your adventure in the world. Which isnt a bad thing for those who want the wizardry type of dungeon crawling experience with a more fleshed out story and characters.

Hard to tell exactly from the trailer, but its something I wouldnt rule out yet.

Parakeetman

OMG I need this game.

Need.

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Depending on how much $$$ I have around that time might look into getting all 3 versions actually. Though I swear to god if they make the PC game 80 bucks again...

Parakeetman

Yep well fuck went and pre-ordered the 360 version. I just hope my system still works for when it comes out. Game was like 70 bucks though... At least it comes with a 2 cd original soundtrack it seems so hopefully that will be good.

With that being said suppose the impression thread Ill be doing again, which depending on how much materials Ill be able to grab from the official site might transform into an OT on the title depending. Dont want to sign up for it yet as am unsure what my schedule is come June.

\
My guess is it will be similar to along the lines of how 円卓の生徒 Students of Round went, with there being pre-set story characters that you use in your adventure in the world. Which isnt a bad thing for those who want the wizardry type of dungeon crawling experience with a more fleshed out story and characters.\

That's exactly what I'm looking for in this game. I am really looking forward to impressions on this one and will likely be grabbing it on the Vita when that comes. The artwork especially has me really intrigued.

Parakeetman

That's exactly what I'm looking for in this game. I am really looking forward to impressions on this one and will likely be grabbing it on the Vita when that comes. The artwork especially has me really intrigued.

Oh yeah by far I think that this might be their best upcoming title when it comes to artwork for the characters, the monsters they had already done a pretty good job for some of the designs with students of round, but the character design was not quite there personally. It was good, but not a style that I 100% preferred, though thats more just my thing and not anyone else. Still was a fantastic game very likeable characters too.

Really do hope it turns out well, but this also is looking to be their most hardcore one showing all the traps and such along with how many times we see people dying in the video. Will be interesting to see what the mechanics will be in that aspect.

Anyways everyone pray for me that my JP 360 is still alive as dont exactly have funds allocated to getting a new one if I plug in this one only to find out it went and shit the bed. :/ Should be fine though as was working last time had it hooked up a long while ago.

Top Bottom