• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Interpretation: Stranger of Sword City |Import OT| - What R U? Casul?

Dorarnae

Wow that overclock ability from the clocker is OP. I thought at first this was making anyone go 2 times in exchange of that character turn. but it makes your character do the action 2 times it seems. so his fast spell things which normally have a cool down before you can use it again, can be used 2 time in the same turn with that. so now I am wondering with ninja Critical hit o_O

that probably explain why they removed the enhanced magic buff because with this it's 2x tri cast.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
umm if I understand the wiki, it seems to drop if you beat those lineage with the lvl cap...

Had thought you would have already done those?

Not all of them have it though since the rewards seem different for some

Dorarnae

that stupid tri color butterfly....I'll kill it one day lol. looks like butterflies are kinda immune to physical attack. I wonder if the puppet skill that lower defense works well....

Parakeetman

that stupid tri color butterfly....I'll kill it one day lol. looks like butterflies are kinda immune to physical attack. I wonder if the puppet skill that lower defense works well....

You cant use the hammers to KO them anymore? Since thats what you had to do before to be able to land hits on it and stuff. The ninjas defense ignoring crit doesnt work anymore?

Dorarnae

You cant use the hammers to KO them anymore? Since thats what you had to do before to be able to land hits on it and stuff. The ninjas defense ignoring crit doesnt work anymore?

bah I found out by checking the faq. you need weapon that does elemental dmg., he's immune to physical.

Dorarnae

just 3 trophy left before platinum, 1 being one of those katana, the other two I think I have an idea what they are...
I farmed quite a bit, I am murdering everything with overclock on everyone lol. sad that overclock doesn't work with Critical from the ninja but it does work with assassinate. :)

Sinople

I beat the game yesterday, in 45 hours. Also beat the black palace and did one of the three new dungeons but was destroyed by the boss.
I need to farm a bit and have a serious look at class changing. What's the best way to level up after changing class, ambushing in high level dungeons?
Overall a really great game aside from some nitpicks (story could have been more fleshed out, interface in battle a little more informative, life points better handled, etc.). I'll probably look for Students of Round in the near future.

Dorarnae

finally plat the game...

I beat the game yesterday, in 45 hours. Also beat the black palace and did one of the three new dungeons but was destroyed by the boss.
I need to farm a bit and have a serious look at class changing. What's the best way to level up after changing class, ambushing in high level dungeons?
Overall a really great game aside from some nitpicks (story could have been more fleshed out, interface in battle a little more informative, life points better handled, etc.). I'll probably look for Students of Round in the near future.

black palace ambush point is probably the best place, you'll get exp but also loot/money for upgrading gear.
also after you beat the black palace, there's a portal near some way point for additional boss(you need to kill the boss to get out of those zone though)

my party was:
1st char: Knight-clocker-Knight
2nd char: Samurai-Knight-dancer-ninja-clocker-ninja
3 :Samurai-Knight-dancer-ninja-clocker-ninja
4:Cleric-Wizard-Clocker-Cleric
5:Wizard-Cleric-Clocker-Cleric
6:puppeeter-Wizard-Clocker-Cleric

samurai was for the slash skill in the beginning, then I went for the lvl 21 knight skill, then weapon trick with dancer. Clocker was for overclock with everyone.
Wizard for triple cast, enhanced wizard spell, tri bolt/divine weapon/omega impact

my knight was there to defend for guard counter.

Sinople

Thanks for the tips!
Is there a reason why you go back to previous a class? For example, "Knight-Clocker-Knight ". If you put your Knight skills on you Clocker, doesn't that make them the same as a Knight?

Parakeetman

finally plat the game...

black palace ambush point is probably the best place, you'll get exp but also loot/money for upgrading gear.
also after you beat the black palace, there's a portal near some way point for additional boss(you need to kill the boss to get out of those zone though)

my party was:
1st char: Knight-clocker-Knight
2nd char: Samurai-Knight-dancer-ninja-clocker-ninja
3 :Samurai-Knight-dancer-ninja-clocker-ninja
4:Cleric-Wizard-Clocker-Cleric
5:Wizard-Cleric-Clocker-Cleric
6:puppeeter-Wizard-Clocker-Cleric

samurai was for the slash skill in the beginning, then I went for the lvl 21 knight skill, then weapon trick with dancer. Clocker was for overclock with everyone.
Wizard for triple cast, enhanced wizard spell, tri bolt/divine weapon/omega impact

my knight was there to defend for guard counter.

*insert dolan everything was clocker* meme lol

Dorarnae

Thanks for the tips!
Is there a reason why you go back to previous a class? For example, "Knight-Clocker-Knight ". If you put your Knight skills on you Clocker, doesn't that make them the same as a Knight?

it was mostly for some gear and extra hp because I was class changing everyone else. I could of went fighter for a multi hit skill...

Parakeetman

it was mostly for some gear and extra hp because I was class changing everyone else. I could of went fighter for a multi hit skill...

You know its kinda funny how in the game now the most useless class is the fighter...

Dorarnae

You know its kinda funny how in the game now the most useless class is the fighter...

yeah, the problem with them is the accuracy, if there wasn't any doll too then maybe their last stand(or whatever it is called, staying at 1hp...) skill would be nice too, I haven't tried but maybe with clocker 2X7hits must be nice.. but I do feel like the ninja got nerfed a bit, I think their assassinate skill isn't 100% hit, it can miss so sometime you do have to raise your accuracy or lower the monster evasion but it didn't happen often..
samurai is probably the one that got the biggest nerf with the buff cap.

clocker have some nice skill like fast item, fast spell, but you can get something similar in other class, it's really for their last skill overclock.

Puppeeter were nice for a couple boss battle during the main story, other than that I am not sure, I thought I would have been able to have a pet with me.
they need a class that can summon a pet or something, but not like generation xth where you took control of a monster and half the time it ran away or hit you if I remember. hehe

Sinople

I agree Fighter isn't great at all. Mine has the potential to do the most damage but he just misses again and again.

Anyway, I did a bit of farming and found a lot of new A/S rank equipment who made everything I was wearing obsolete, yeah! With that I was able to easily beat in a couple of turns the one boss that gave me trouble earlier.
All I have left now are the two other bonus dungeons, 4 of the 5 hidden bosses from Students and 3 small trophies, all related to finding equipment (2... pants and 1 katana). Problem is I'm now starting to feel the way I do every time I beat a game: I lose all interest in doing optional stuff and want to start another game instead, so maybe I'm done with it for now.

Dorarnae

I agree Fighter isn't great at all. Mine has the potential to do the most damage but he just misses again and again.

Anyway, I did a bit of farming and found a lot of new A/S rank equipment who made everything I was wearing obsolete, yeah! With that I was able to easily beat in a couple of turns the one boss that gave me trouble earlier.
All I have left now are the two other bonus dungeons, 4 of the 5 hidden bosses from Students and 3 small trophies, all related to finding equipment (2... pants and 1 katana). Problem is I'm now starting to feel the way I do every time I beat a game: I lose all interest in doing optional stuff and want to start another game instead, so maybe I'm done with it for now.

yeah I know what you mean. I beat those student of round the first time they released it, but now I rarely do them, if you did the black palace then you can beat them and it's mostly a big map with nothing except the boss somewhere.

labyrinth cross blood is the game with the best post game in my opinion.
stranger black palace is nice but after that you already have all the loot ect.
it should of been just 1 zone with all the boss and maybe a few new items to farm(they could add SS rank or something).

Imma post here since the other OT is deader.

Is having just two class changes for as much anti-ailment and instadeath protection (and tri-cast) gonna make the endboss(es) managable? I'm farming 5star Lineages atm without too much trouble at 26 but I would like advice on whether or not to lock my party back into the final Fi-Kn-Sa-Cl-Wz-Da lineup with the requisite HP boosting and survival skills.

Parakeetman

Imma post here since the other OT is deader.

Is having just two class changes for as much anti-ailment and instadeath protection (and tri-cast) gonna make the endboss(es) managable? I'm farming 5star Lineages atm without too much trouble at 26 but I would like advice on whether or not to lock my party back into the final Fi-Kn-Sa-Cl-Wz-Da lineup with the requisite HP boosting and survival skills.

Yeah since you can beat the game without class changing what you are doing will most def make things a bit more manageable. You could change the dancer to a ninja but it depends if you want the dancers morale up skill or not. Since it procs better as the dancer than sub skilling it. If you are not as concerned about that going ninja might help.

Or you could replace the samurai with a ninja hybrid. Just because you wont really be using that ashura skill onthe endgame bosses due to the risk of getting hit and killed.

Cool. That should be managable once every tumbler aligns well (Im running a Kn-Cl-Kn-Kn-Cl-Ra party right now for learning stuff and it's silly; it'll be great to have REAL synergy again lol).

Parakeetman

Cool. That should be managable once every tumbler aligns well (Im running a Kn-Cl-Kn-Kn-Cl-Ra party right now for learning stuff and it's silly; it'll be great to have REAL synergy again lol).

Yeah "skilling up" by leveling the other classes to unlock what you need is always an awkward thing due to the stats not matching the classes on occasion lol

Top Bottom