• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Interpretation: Stranger of Sword City |Import OT| - What R U? Casul?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
jC7o0AF.png

Not really as much of an actual "Warning" more a disclaimer. Was too lazy to make a new icon just for that.

Since we already have multiple OTs for the previous releases of the game this OT will be fairly simple, containing information just pertaining to the upgrades. As for the most part since those who have actually picked up the original JP version are quite low in numbers. So with that being said this OT is more to update those who were interested in grabbing this a quick run-through of what they can expect from the changes to the game.

On a separate note according to all of the collected info on the title itself this is basically an upgraded version of the original Japanese Vita version which was released Jan. 22nd 2015. This is not an upgraded version of the localized "Stranger of Sword City" as that apparently is a completely different build due to this game not having the artwork selection and such included in it and this was created as an answer to the feedback the JP fans gave during a survey event they had online. Since there is a bunch of new content, system mechanics and whatnots this is not something which can just be patched in. They had said during their 10th Anniversary Event that they attempted to make it possible to patch the physical version but due to various issues along with the help of Sony they were unable to find an actual solution to this. Which is why only the original Digital Download version can be upgraded, which basically overwrites all of the original data.
Anyways with that aside hope it clears up what this version of the game is. While it is not a "new" product in the sense of being like a continuation to the story, it most def is it's own build in terms of development and not a simple content upgrade DLC.

7cCl9wM.png

9ShR4Mf.png

New Interpretation: Stranger of Sword City - Black Palace
Platform: PlayStation Vita
Release Date: 07-21-2016 (Japan)
Publisher: Experience Inc.
Genre: DRPG
Player(s): 1
CERO: C (15 and up)
Price: Physical 3,800 JPY / Download 3,800 JPY / Upgrade from Original Digital ver. 1,800 JPY (All w/o Tax)
Trial Version JPSN - Click This Text

Early versions with the Light Novel look like the following below courtesy of Crovax.
Saw this picture on Twitter of the package that New Interpretation SoSC comes in with the light novel:

NMIxiXi.jpg

I just figured the book would come wrapped to the game so it's nice to see they made a box to hold the two together. And it looks like they used the novel's cover art for the box art as well.

Il5gBTA.png

List of the various additions and changes to the game follows below. I might miss some or translate something wrong as am half asleep on this side. Beware though as its going to be a fairly long list. Under the English list will have the original JP info listed also for those who can read better than I do lol.
  • New Traits
  • Addition of Origins? to character creation (similar to traits)
  • New portraits for the 3 new classes 6 total. 1 Male / Female portrait per class.
  • Removal of limit of Class Changing.
  • Adjustment of Skill Slots
  • Addition of items that increase Exp / Stats / Skill Slots
  • Addition of Beginner difficulty mode
  • Addition of "Ball of Light" repeat battle challenge system (No idea what this is)
  • Adjustment to current and new skills
  • Adjustment to current spells
  • Buff / Debuff limit setting?
  • Addition of enemy skills "Awareness" "Feint"
  • Addition of the "Guard Counter" system for the player. Able to KO enemies with it. Loses effectiveness the more its procced
  • Divinity skill adjustment
  • Addition of repeat Divinity skill command selection
  • Addition of new bad status "Curse" and adjustment to existing bad status effects
  • Displaying of bad status effects on enemies
  • Adjustment of enemy action patterns
  • Addition of Lineage Species Subjugation Challenge? system
  • Adjustment of Lineage Species respawn location and timing
  • Adjustment of random encounter percentage
  • Changed set enemy icon repop conditions to changing areas
  • Able to obtain treasure from enemy icons
  • Removal of rare item limitations (can have multiple rare items now)
  • Addition of new equipment
  • Addition of equipment strengthening at the shop. Removal of Mumic system
  • Addition of shop items restock when items are sold? (translation might be wrong)
  • Adjustment of resurrection / recovery healing time / cost
  • Addition of "Soul Saving" event
  • Addition of new monsters
  • Addition of Monster Gathering gimmick in dungeons (think this is the multiple encounter battle icon)
  • Addition of hidden treasure points
  • Adjustment of some sections in dungeons? (transalation might be wrong)
  • Improvement of the auto movement system for passing through cleared sections with spinner panels
  • Adjustement to morale usage rate for hiding system
  • Adjustment to drop rates for some items (underwear and accessories) in particular
  • Adjustment to inventory space
  • Removal of limit on amount of playthroughs that can be done
  • Change to how one can approach the different ending routes? (translation might be wrong)
  • Adjustement to traps in dungeons
  • Mausoleum of Ice - limitation on skill usage has been changed (blocked to take damage instead)
  • Adjustment to the switch gimmicks in the Ark of Eternity
  • Addition of item identification during battle (why? lol)
  • Change to ranking categories
  • Change to trophies
  • Improvement of UI?
  • 20 other fixes (not listed)
  • Additional dungeon(s)? added after clearing the game. (Not sure on how many total? will try to find out when the wiki is updated)

2MMayXn.png

New Additional Classes
sOO9la1.png

• Freeman - This class can't actually be brought into battle and is meant to be left in the base. Its main purpose is the various support related bonuses it gives such as increased money gain, faster recovery times, better selling prices at the shop etc. Basically designed after a hikikomori or neet hence the lack of desire to go outside. (There was a hilarious bug in the demo where you could "force" one into the party by pressing the square button? forgot which and just moving them into the party. Though they are absolutely useless if you do that due to not being able to equip anything. Not sure if they can even attack. Need to see if this is still possible to do. As you can kinda break the game early on if you level one up faster and unlock their support skills)
  • Clocker - Closest thing to describe this class would be a Red Mage + Time Mage. Red Mage in the sense they can use both Cleric and Wizard spells and Time Mage due to their ability to manipulate time to their advantage by speeding up or to put the enemy at a disadvantage with slowing them down. The hard part about this class is deciding on how to distribute your skill points as it uses pretty much all of the stats.
  • Puppeteer - This is an odd class as it does not have any actual weapons it can equip, though they are able to command enemies to attack themselves or others. As you gain levels there are other skills which allow them to cause all sorts of trouble for the enemy such as switching rows or preventing them from performing certain actions.

Original Classes
  • Fighter
  • Knight
  • Samurai
  • Wizard
  • Cleric
  • Ranger
  • Ninja
  • Dancer

iXnQ9tA.png

1st Official Trailer
2nd Official Trailer

m5ENV5q.png

#0:
Q: Will this be localized in the West?
A: Exp Inc. apparently has stated that there are no plans to localize this at the moment. And since NIS America has also just released their localized Vita / PC versions not sure if they would do it any time soon as it would basically kill the sales of those versions. Seeing the gap between the original Vita release and when the Western localized version came out is a little over a year to give one an idea of the timeframe between JP vs Western releases.

#1:
Q: What is the difference between the original JP Vita release and this one?
A: Read the features section, listed all of the changes that we know about / were officially announced.

#2:
Q: What type of game is this?
A: Its a first person dungeon crawler, based off of the Wizardry series. The developer Experience Inc. specializes in Dungeon RPGs and has quite the long history of working on them, both within Experience Inc. and their past work history also.

#3:
Q: Im new to dungeon crawlers should I buy this game?
A: This game has been improved to make the overall experience of playing the title more enjoyable. So this one is most def easier than the origianl game from what I have gone through in the demo, which is playing up until the meeting of the 3 vessels and capping out at Lv. 15. Did not start the real game yet, but that is a fairly good playthrough to compare the 2 games.

#4:
Q: Does this game contain English subtitles? If not should I know Japanese to play?
A: As far as I know it does not contain English subtitles. As this version is not the same one as Stranger of Sword City that was released on the Xbox One Exp Inc. and PSV / PC by NIS America. Gameplay is pretty much a standard DRPG so if you are adept to playing them you should be able to fumble around and make it. Though not being able to read would make it hard for understanding some mechanics and skills. Plus new events with what NPCs are asking and whatnots. Its possible to play without the knowledge of the language, but to get full enjoyment would not really suggest it either unless you are used to importing.

#5:
Q: Isn't this game just DLC?
A: No with all of the work done to the title itself and from what I have seen with the demo it most def is its own thing from a development standpoint. The devs themselves have said that it was not possible to make the title a simple DLC also due to this. They had tried with the help of Sony but was unsuccessful. The DL ver. upgrade basically overwites the original game with the new data and is not a "patch" I do believe.

#6:
Q: Does this game have any connection to other series?
A: This game is connected to both Students of Round (takes place before this game) and Demon Gaze (takes place after this game). One of the characters from Students of Round, Eltha also appears in this game in the newly added event.

#7:
Q: How long is this game? Also how long would it take to get full achievements / platinum the title?
A: Previous game was 30-40 hours, full plat 50-100 depending on your luck. Though might be able to beat this game faster due to the newly added features / adjustments which makes things with the game a lot easier than the original.

#8:
Q: Is there a trophy list?
A: Would need to check for a new list as it seems some trophies have changed.

#9:
Q: Is there a wiki for the game?
A: The Japanese one has been updated it seems to include the New Interpretation info. Click this text for the Japanese wiki.

owUA27b.png

AmiAmi
Nippon-Yasan
CD Japan
Amazon JP
*JP title to CNP into the search bar for JP sites 新釈・剣の街の異邦人 ~黒の宮殿~
*These are not affiliate links

EevshBV.png

Thanks goes out to Experience Inc. for the resources used to make up the graphics in this OT.
Thanks to the dafont website for having an awesome selection of fonts to download and use, plus to the creators of the fonts used.
Scott Aneloski for his Cartographer Font
http://www.dafont.com/

Other info
First print versions of the game all come with a light novel that contains "another story" set in the SOSC world written by Benny Matsuyama. Who was famous for his Wizardry light novels. Pic below was taken from his twitter showing off the cover of the SOSC light novel and his debut Wizardry light novel. From another tweet it seems that the artwork on the SOSC light novel was based off of his debut light novel cover. The game and novel comes in a special box that uses the light novel cover as the box artwork. The standard game case cover art is the artwork used in the OT title image.

The SOSC Pen & Paper RPG rule book comes with a bonus 6 character portrait download for the game.

Parakeetman

So basically, this makes the version of the game released in English obsolete.

If localized yes. But so far there is little to no chance of that happening any time soon. As both sides are not as stupid to kill their own title that was released in the West. It took over a year for the game to even get localized.

This was created for the fans in Japan as its been over a year since it was released. All of the changes were made from feedback collected from the fans here. Its been something that was discussed for a while now, so its not as if this project magically materialized out of nowhere.

Well damn---those 2 more active combat oriented classes at the least sound pretty neat, especially the Puppeteer alongside this general heap otherwise. Here's hoping this can somehow get wrangled abroad even if it winds up taking awhile to give the original some breathing room.

Still, I don't know that I can think of another more flagrant example of Awkward Timing at the least in this genre...I mean, wow.

Parakeetman

Well damn---those 2 more active combat oriented classes at the least sound pretty neat, especially the Puppeteer alongside this general heap otherwise. Here's hoping this can somehow get wrangled abroad even if it winds up taking awhile to give the original some breathing room.

Still, I don't know that I can think of another more flagrant example of Awkward Timing at the least in this genre...I mean, wow.

The 2 classes play pretty well the Clocker in particular. Though I have zero idea of how to allocate stats to the puppeteer....One thing for sure is the puppeteer is fragile as hell since they cant seem to wear too much initially mine got one shotted in the demo putting it out of action so had to replace her with a ranger till she recovered lol.

The clocker as mentioned in the short description due to not knowing at the time just how far into the spell trees they go made it really hard to decide on how to allocate the skill points so mine wound up being more melee oriented than magic. That and it was a frontliner in my party.

Bout the games release and whatnots from what has been said by the devs is it was in development the same time as SOSC for the West. With how SOSC had a bunch of new artwork done for the Western release one could imagine if they did not spend the time with doing up all the new artwork and reworking things the game might have come out even earlier. But of course that is speculation, though from a development standpoint makes sense.

From the standpoint of Japan its a non issue here. And its not as if there are a lot of Xbox One users who would be made about it anyways lol That and the project has been something the JP Vita fans who bought the original game have been waiting for.

Though for folks in the West yeah it does not look good. But that is going under the usual assumption that everything will be localized which is not always the case.

All in all, just everything lining up to make an awkward situation as you mentioned from the standpoint of fans in the West. lol

Parakeetman

Am curious to see the soul saving event and what happens with that. They said it doesnt effect the ending or change the story? and is more just extra content made from fan feedback.

At least with all the changes getting through the game again should take even less time ヽ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Parakeetman

My copy is in customs so I should have it sometime this week. I didn't play the demo so I'm interested to try out the new classes. Might try to just burn through the main story to see the new dungeons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FarEast_Amusement_Research

I still have zero idea as to what stats you need for the Puppeteer lol

The wiki did update with new info though showing the full class skills and whatnots.

http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/tsurugi/index.php?新釈/クラス

Clocker is pretty great though you are so gonna go crazy trying to decide its stats allocation. Thank god with this version its easier to get a TON of stats points from the start due to the new perk. Though you basically sacrifice having a special perk if you use that one I think, but makes your potential rolls crazy high

Sinople

I'm almost new to DRPG (apart from SMT) but bought this one for some reason, mainly because I dig the art style and the price was attractive... and I'm totally hooked. Already 20 hours in, level 17.
My team consists of a knight, a fighter, a samurai, a cleric, a wizard and a puppeteer. Samurai feels overpowered for now, mine is wreaking havoc both against mobs and boss. Puppeteer is fun and useful, has a good synergy with samurai.

CrovaxPSO

I'm almost new to DRPG (apart from SMT) but bought this one for some reason, mainly because I dig the art style and the price was attractive... and I'm totally hooked. Already 20 hours in, level 17.
My team consists of a knight, a fighter, a samurai, a cleric, a wizard and a puppeteer. Samurai feels overpowered for now, mine is wreaking havoc both against mobs and boss. Puppeteer is fun and useful, has a good synergy with samurai.

Yeah, Samurai is very good, especially if you have weapons that have the instant kill chance. And stack up that avoidance and go to town on bosses.

I'm still not decided on what my party will be this time around. I'm going to use a Clocker for sure but might not go with the Puppeteer as well the first time through.

Parakeetman

Yeah the Samurai does a good job of killing a lot of stuff early on if you can keep up their equipment. Though you will have to make a decision on what kind of build you want to do in the sense of do you want to focus them on killing trash mobs with the Slash? skill or if you want to use Carnage for a single target like bosses.

Only small issue with carnage builds is later on the chance of getting 1 shotted gets a lot higher when you are further into the game lol.

All of the new additions to the game most def helps the overall experience with the game. Seems like you are having a good time being 20 hours in.

Btw I think my puppeteer is cursed. She gets out of the hospital first thing that happens is gets 1 shotted again so its back to the ICU lol. Am so leaving the bullet proof ranger in there instead till I find some better armor. ( ̄▽ ̄;)

That reminds me I need to go and see if that Freeman bug is still possible. Where you can force them into your party by using Square in the party select menu. Since in the demo you could do that. But you pretty much have a useless character taking up a PT slot if you do try it. If it does work they will gain exp faster than just leaving them in the base.

---

Impressions from the demo which I had played before the full game and are pretty much the same with the full title now that its out.

Demo was pretty damned good. The new additions to the game really help improve the overall experience, though the games difficulty does drop quite a bit too due to the fact it is easier to get kitted out with good gear fast.

Nice too is you are able to upgrade equipment now at the shop. There seems to be caps to the + value, though spending $$$ to constantly upgrade things is a huge help. Also unique items you can have multiples which is also cool and upgrade them yourself. So no more having to fuck around with the mumic. Which while cute at first, honestly its more of a pain in the ass in the long run.

Lots of other tweaks in there like with morale cost for ambushing. So you can keep going constantly and wind up with tons of loot to take back and sell.

The new class is pretty funny the Freeman which "normally" you cant take out of the base into the dungeons. Though there is a bug you can do inserting them into your party. Looking at their skills am pretty certain they had designed it not to leave the base as having it gain exp at a normal rate unlocking all of their skills most def breaks the game due to the various bonuses it gives.

Normal enemies coming with chests now too is pretty awesome. Which are filled with random items. So its like a grab bag basically as you wont know whats in them.

The Clocker is pretty damned strong, though since its like a "Red Mage" from FF its a bit hard to decide how you want to allocate your points as it has both Cleric and Mage spells on top of its own clocker skills. Its pretty competent as a fighter also.

Doll Master while it does not equip weapons, it uses the enemy against others or itself to attack things which is pretty interesting. Though they seem to be quite fragile. Am still uncertain what stats it needs though so am sure mine was distributed wrong. Which most likely explains why she got 1 shotted.

All of the new perks and stuff are a huge help too. Like one if you dont pick any starting perk you get the chance for higher rolls which gives you some insane numbers fairly easily. Then the secondary traits are nice too.

For those who like a bit more of a challenge with the Lineage fights, playing by the games rules of the level cap challenge was pretty fun. And not too bad as long as you have decent equipment to make up for the drop in levels. If you successfully defeat the lineage species you get a bunch of extra items as a reward which is cool.

Game also added items that can increase, exp, various stats, skill slots. Pretty useful as helps take the burden of worrying about which stats to increase and the exp items are great for leveling a single character slightly faster or helping lower leveled ones pick up the slack.

Overall huge improvement to the original game that was released in 2014. This game does not contain the Oxijiyen style portraits and whatnots so that tells me the base build of this game was the Vita version. Reason why its not the X360 / PC version is due to the different monsters used. That and do think? the Vita ver has a different resolution also due to the Vita screen.

Am kinda curious if any of this stuff will make its way into Demon Gaze 2.

CrovaxPSO

Looks like there's already a small update for the game:

“沖史慈宴”氏が描かれたポートレート6点の追加。
※今回配布のポートレートは、Xbox One専用ソフト「STRANGER OF SWORD CITY」に収録されているものと同一となります。
新クラス「フリーマン」を隊に加入できる不具合を修正。
※現在パーティーに加入済みのクラス「フリーマン」のキャラクターは、パーティーから外したタイミングで再度加入できなくなります。
※対象となるのは、現在「フリーマン」のクラスについているメンバーのみとなります。
一部アイテムの販売 / 売却価格を調整。
「ランキング」対象アイテムのカウント条件を変更。
※上記に伴い、現在の「ランキング」リセットを8月上旬に実施いたします。
一部のポートレートが表示されない不具合を修正。
その他不具合の修正や各種調整を実施。

Adding some portraits from the "new" art style from the Xbox One and localized Vita release, adjusting sale prices of some items, adjusting one of the online ranking conditions, fixing the ability to take the Freeman class into dungeons, and general bug fixes, as far as I can gather.

Parakeetman

Looks like there's already a small update for the game:

Adding some portraits from the "new" art style from the Xbox One and localized Vita release, adjusting sale prices of some items, adjusting one of the online ranking conditions, fixing the ability to take the Freeman class into dungeons, and general bug fixes, as far as I can gather.

Heres a pic of the 6 Oxijiyen character portraits which got added taken from the OHP.
ss_update1-01.png

Will have to see about updating. Though its too bad they fixed the Freeman forced party bug lol.

Wonder what the price adjustments were for the shop.

Didnt know about portraits not displaying correctly, but good to see it fixed none the less. As man can imagine the game with portraits not displaying correctly as thats pretty much all we have to look at for our PT

Wonder if they will add the Mogeo portraits too eventually as really did like those a lot.

Am pretty sure now that the JP vita ver has the most official portraits out of all the versions. Since a good number didnt make it into the SOSC which would imagine is due to rights and whatnots. Such as the ones done by the Lost Chronicles? (cardgame) artists, which was a special for the original JP vita release.

Man Im not sure if I want to update now as still want to drag the freemen into the dungeon lol

CrovaxPSO

Got my copy today but forgot to charge the Vita. I'm really impressed with the quality of this release for it just being an updated version, especially for the lower price. Even includes a 50+ page full color manual compared to the original Vita release's 8 (I think) page booklet.

Parakeetman

Got my copy today but forgot to charge the Vita. I'm really impressed with the quality of this release for it just being an updated version, especially for the lower price. Even includes a 50+ page full color manual compared to the original Vita release's 8 (I think) page booklet.

I really like the box lol. Its better than the weird sleeve that the Abyss / Babel pack got.

Was playing a bit more last night and yep puppeteer is indeed cursed. Third time now in the hospital lol.

Maybe I should use the creepy old man one and see if that keeps the monsters from attacking him.

Sinople

I guess I've been lucky, my back row is very rarely targeted.
The manual was a pleasant surprise. I even took the time to read it, which is something I don't do often now that they're almost all digital.
The novel, on the other hand... While it's a nice bonus, I sadly can't say I'm liking it much after reading the first chapter. I can forgive the ridiculous kirakira names, but I have a problem with how the protagonists are described as so much more talented/handsome/awesome/whatever than regular people.

Parakeetman

I guess I've been lucky, my back row is very rarely targeted.

The manual was a pleasant surprise. I even took the time to read it, which is something I don't do often now that they're almost all digital.
The novel, on the other hand... While it's a nice bonus, I sadly can't say I'm liking it much after reading the first chapter. I can forgive the ridiculous kirakira names, but I have a problem with how the protagonists are described as so much more talented/handsome/awesome/whatever than regular people.

The thing is what you describe as your issue with the protags and whatnots is basically a universal common occurrence with a lot of stories lol. Its why I generally ignore stuff like the stupid hangup folks have on "tropes" these days. Stuff like that has been around forever.

Its either super perfect or utterly worthless (initially) MCs. Its harder to find middle of the road types.

----

Updated the FAQ to include the JP wiki with the info on New Interpretation. Heres the link again anyways.

http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/tsurugi/index.php?新釈

Sinople

Sure, I'm aware it's a common trope, and I usually don't have much problem with that if it's kept a minimum under control. But this book in particular? Here it's almost funny how they're popping one after the other, outdoing the previous one, in a span of only 40 pages. (Early spoilers for the novel)
You've got the main protagonist who just lost a kendo match but that was just bad luck because in reality he's a master swordman who also happens to be a killing machine with bare hands. Okay, fine. Then we're introduced to a 17 year-old judo athlete build like a bear that is so strong he accidentally killed an opponent, then just after we've got his little brother that never lost a kendo match and perfectly uses a dangerous technique that even experienced kendoka can't master easily, then there's their older, beautiful (of course) sister who's a living goddess unmatched in not only judo and kendo, but also archery.
Come on... Plus I think it misses the opportunity offered by the original setting to place ordinary people in a surreal situation, which is a theme the game only skates over. Now I'm not saying that's inherently bad, just that it's not what I like and that I was hoping for something less over the top in this regard.
Well, not a big deal I guess and I'll still give it another shot to see if the following is more to my liking. The game itself is perfectly fine and that's what matters.

Dorarnae

When I first started the game I was surprised how they changed the map a little bit. there's one more section for the first map, I wonder if one of the new area is accessible there..

those chest with no symbol on them looks a bit weird, maybe a question mark on them would of been better. but it's cool to earn some loot outside of ambush point.

I took a little look at the divinity tree, looks like those veil skill will last 3 turn now, should be interesting...

Parakeetman

When I first started the game I was surprised how they changed the map a little bit. there's one more section for the first map, I wonder if one of the new area is accessible there..

those chest with no symbol on them looks a bit weird, maybe a question mark on them would of been better. but it's cool to earn some loot outside of ambush point.

I took a little look at the divinity tree, looks like those veil skill will last 3 turn now, should be interesting...

Yeah they edited a bunch of the maps to include new tiny sections in them or out croppings where treasure is. You wont see anything in the actual spot but if you go to it and search you should find treasure. Usually there is some quest tied with that which tells you the location of said treasure spots. But I think you can find them without having to find the quest triggers. The way they designed some of those areas like in the forests for example are kinda obvious looking lol.

Not too bothered by no symbol. Though would have preferred if they just went and redid the chest to not have the crest on it. Guess they figured this is the easiest way without having to redraw everything buy just removing the icon from the base chest graphics lol.

You can kinda get a lot of treasure this way now plus how the morale cost for hiding has been greatly reduced allowing for a ton of consecutive hiding sessions now.

All of that cash comes in handy for the upgrades to your gear. As thank god no mumic system now or having to always fully rely on high numerical value drops from hiding as you can just pump stuff up yourself. Though am unsure how the capping to equipment max value works yet.

Knowing you with all of these new changes it should help you beat the game even faster now I think lol. The other hilariously OP thing is how you can get multiple rare items also on top of upgrading them yourself. Though for when you do the lineage species challenge that level caps you to the challenge level its a huge help since sometimes it sucks when certain skills are blocked off due to being level down capped lol. The items you get from completing those challenges though are not too bad like exp or stats up items along with some other stuff. I think? they might have adjusted what the rewards were again from the demo as JP users were commenting on some of the rewards were not too good for the pain in the ass you went through sometimes lol.

Also saw that they are readying another patch but they didnt say yet when its coming out or what it will contain. Wonder if it will be more portraits again? Since there is no Oxijiyen style in this game like the XBO / PSV western versions would prefer more Tsukamoto art rather that the new portraits that were in SOSC. :/

Dorarnae

Yeah they edited a bunch of the maps to include new tiny sections in them or out croppings where treasure is. You wont see anything in the actual spot but if you go to it and search you should find treasure. Usually there is some quest tied with that which tells you the location of said treasure spots. But I think you can find them without having to find the quest triggers. The way they designed some of those areas like in the forests for example are kinda obvious looking lol.

Not too bothered by no symbol. Though would have preferred if they just went and redid the chest to not have the crest on it. Guess they figured this is the easiest way without having to redraw everything buy just removing the icon from the base chest graphics lol.

You can kinda get a lot of treasure this way now plus how the morale cost for hiding has been greatly reduced allowing for a ton of consecutive hiding sessions now.

All of that cash comes in handy for the upgrades to your gear. As thank god no mumic system now or having to always fully rely on high numerical value drops from hiding as you can just pump stuff up yourself. Though am unsure how the capping to equipment max value works yet.

Knowing you with all of these new changes it should help you beat the game even faster now I think lol. The other hilariously OP thing is how you can get multiple rare items also on top of upgrading them yourself. Though for when you do the lineage species challenge that level caps you to the challenge level its a huge help since sometimes it sucks when certain skills are blocked off due to being level down capped lol. The items you get from completing those challenges though are not too bad like exp or stats up items along with some other stuff. I think? they might have adjusted what the rewards were again from the demo as JP users were commenting on some of the rewards were not too good for the pain in the ass you went through sometimes lol.

Also saw that they are readying another patch but they didnt say yet when its coming out or what it will contain. Wonder if it will be more portraits again? Since there is no Oxijiyen style in this game like the XBO / PSV western versions would prefer more Tsukamoto art rather that the new portraits that were in SOSC. :/

I am kinda taking my time, actually I had like 3-4 character that died. been a bit careless or maybe magic damage is a bit higher?

also, not sure how I feel about that guard counter thing. It's actually nice, but seems a bit easy to stun boss on every 2 turn, but maybe it'll change once I start using the knight skill to cover everyone, or maybe I wont have to run a knight late game with this feature...

Parakeetman

I am kinda taking my time, actually I had like 3-4 character that died. been a bit careless or maybe magic damage is a bit higher?

also, not sure how I feel about that guard counter thing. It's actually nice, but seems a bit easy to stun boss on every 2 turn, but maybe it'll change once I start using the knight skill to cover everyone, or maybe I wont have to run a knight late game with this feature...

Not sure on the magic damage. Only one that kept fucking dying in my playthrough so far with my time with the game is my poor puppeteer lol. Every single time boom to the back and back to the hospital. So just said fuck it and am leaving her at the base and dragging along my ranger thats higher level instead.

The guard counter loses effect each time you proc it. So the chance for it to be effective decreases with each time you perform it. Read through that list of features as that pretty much is all the changes that we know so far.

Dorarnae

Not sure on the magic damage. Only one that kept fucking dying in my playthrough so far with my time with the game is my poor puppeteer lol. Every single time boom to the back and back to the hospital. So just said fuck it and am leaving her at the base and dragging along my ranger thats higher level instead.

The guard counter loses effect each time you proc it. So the chance for it to be effective decreases with each time you perform it. Read through that list of features as that pretty much is all the changes that we know so far.

kk, maybe later boss will be more resistant then....my puppeteer is fine, I put a few int and wis, but I am mostly going vit and luc with it.

Dorarnae

I was careless in the beginning but now things aren't too hard and I haven't class changed yet. I am abusing that guard counter thing....

btw when I fight a boss it often ask me about level cap or something...dunno what it is.

I am not sure to be able to have the same unique multiple time was really a good idea...
and the ambush point moral cost too, mostly because you can't carry more than 100 items, your bag gets full quite fast with the random drop now...
not sure about holy weapon and magic weapon being single target. at least you can give those ability to some character when creating them, but I am not using it as often now.

the wizard dmg skill has a delay before using that again, I don't really mind since I rarely used it before because of the hp cost.
I wonder if the cleric shield ability will have a delay too...

but other than that, the lava damage, poison dmg and the crafting are good change.

the game overall is easier, I just killed those head things in the mine and usually I wait until end game because they're crazy but now with guard counter it wasn't too bad.

CrovaxPSO

I'm still early in the first set of dungeons so I haven't fiddled with it too much, but how does the guard counter work? I'm not using a Ninja so do I just have to Defend to get it to work? I've triggered it a couple times and I think I was just using Defend at the time. Mainly just want to get the trophy for it haha.

Edit: Yeah, guess it is just using Defend. Had everyone defend and got the trophy after one battle haha.

Parakeetman

I was careless in the beginning but now things aren't too hard and I haven't class changed yet. I am abusing that guard counter thing....

btw when I fight a boss it often ask me about level cap or something...dunno what it is.

I am not sure to be able to have the same unique multiple time was really a good idea...
and the ambush point moral cost too, mostly because you can't carry more than 100 items, your bag gets full quite fast with the random drop now...
not sure about holy weapon and magic weapon being single target. at least you can give those ability to some character when creating them, but I am not using it as often now.

the wizard dmg skill has a delay before using that again, I don't really mind since I rarely used it before because of the hp cost.
I wonder if the cleric shield ability will have a delay too...

but other than that, the lava damage, poison dmg and the crafting are good change.

the game overall is easier, I just killed those head things in the mine and usually I wait until end game because they're crazy but now with guard counter it wasn't too bad.

Dorarnae I literally just explained the whole boss level cap thing a few posts ago when replying to you lol.

Though for when you do the lineage species challenge that level caps you to the challenge level its a huge help since sometimes it sucks when certain skills are blocked off due to being level down capped lol. The items you get from completing those challenges though are not too bad like exp or stats up items along with some other stuff. I think? they might have adjusted what the rewards were again from the demo as JP users were commenting on some of the rewards were not too good for the pain in the ass you went through sometimes lol.

Dorarnae

yeah you just need to defend.

some boss are harder , like the other head trio is harder, they were a joke to kill in the other version...I found the spider to be more challenging too. the death dragon went well, mostly thanks to the puppeteer I guess, was using the skill that make an enemy hit someone, so the death dragon killed his friend and then pretty much killed himself. lol.

the poison area though, omg, I spent like 70 high cure potion there. they're much more annoying now. they were not a big deal before but now they're the most annoying hehe.

Parakeetman

yeah you just need to defend.

some boss are harder , like the other head trio is harder, they were a joke to kill in the other version...I found the spider to be more challenging too. the death dragon went well, mostly thanks to the puppeteer I guess, was using the skill that make an enemy hit someone, so the death dragon killed his friend and then pretty much killed himself. lol.

the poison area though, omg, I spent like 70 high cure potion there. they're much more annoying now. they were not a big deal before but now they're the most annoying hehe.

The game apparently made the store so its able to restock I think, though am unsure how that works.

Yeah the puppeteer their standard "attack" basically you manipulate the enemies to attack themselves or others lol. Hilarious that it seemed to work so well on bosses.

Interesting maybe they did increase spell power then if the floating head casters are a problem now. Because before they died so fast but it was the other stupid melee ones that were idiotically strong for whatever reason

Dorarnae

doh the butterfly ambush point in the underwater area is no longer there,this is going to make the game harder to clear faster...

Parakeetman

doh the butterfly ambush point in the underwater area is no longer there,this is going to make the game harder to clear faster...

Oh yeah I they had mentioned that was adjusted also. Though not sure why they didnt put it in the last stream they did. Since it had a ton of other info on what was changed, which is the list here in the OT.

Its too hard to keep up with their announcements since their live stream stuff is either at some random date or too late. lol

Dorarnae

Oh yeah I they had mentioned that was adjusted also. Though not sure why they didnt put it in the last stream they did. Since it had a ton of other info on what was changed, which is the list here in the OT.

Its too hard to keep up with their announcements since their live stream stuff is either at some random date or too late. lol

this kinda make one hit kill more scary(with 1lp char) considering it takes a bit longer to lvl up and that veil ability seems to be only 3 turn now.

Parakeetman

this kinda make one hit kill more scary(with 1lp char) considering it takes a bit longer to lvl up and that veil ability seems to be only 3 turn now.

Yeah thankfully there is a perk that can add lp to characters unless you are doing a 1 lp run lol

Dorarnae

Yeah thankfully there is a perk that can add lp to characters unless you are doing a 1 lp run lol

yeah I am doing 1lp, I went with extra point instead hehe.

also I noticed that some monster seems to be resistant to certain type of damage?(even after holy weapon and magic weapon, I still hear the sound it makes when it's not very effective..)
I haven't tried much hammer/spear equipment because I am using samurai...samurai are good for trash mob but against boss their dmg isn't that great now. My puppeeter is the one doing the whole job against boss.
but yeah I get the feeling there's a slash/trust/crush resistance now maybe?

Dorarnae

that siren boss is a major pain in the butt,it keeps targeting my back row and regen 2k hp.
sigh will take a little break and then go back to farming. or I'll try with a few veil items....will probably take a couple if it's really only 3 turn...

edit:managed to beat it, upgraded my samurai weapon....

the ice dungeon changed quite a bit...

CrovaxPSO

The early dungeons definitely feel easier to me. Having a Clocker and Cleric means you can open a battle with three Multi Avoids which really cuts down on incoming damage. Combining that with guard counter has made all of the lineage battles pretty easy, even accepting the level cap. Sounds like things might get tougher soon though so we'll see how it goes.

Dorarnae

The early dungeons definitely feel easier to me. Having a Clocker and Cleric means you can open a battle with three Multi Avoids which really cuts down on incoming damage. Combining that with guard counter has made all of the lineage battles pretty easy, even accepting the level cap. Sounds like things might get tougher soon though so we'll see how it goes.

yeah the things is the multi avoid cap. can't spam it like the version before. as long as you keep your gear up to date, you should be ok. also I saw some boss who could counter some of my skill, so be careful...
I changed my knight into a clocker but haven't tried much their skill yet heh. my two samurai went to knight then dancer and now ninja lol. so my front row is good now.

I'll start the final dungeon of the main story soon, that poison area is going to be annoying hehe.

Dorarnae

so I got the Trpg thing this morning. I go to the link for additional portrait but it gives a code for psn store heh.

Dorarnae

sigh got my butt kicked by the final boss, even with with divine armor on, she still one shotted my character -_-
ugh will have to travel that poison area again.

Dorarnae

How was your play time so far in the new ver?

about 18 hours.
I'll probably spend some time farming, my cleric and wizard are almost 30, I'll probably switch my puppeeter for a wizard...and also try to get critical on my ninja.

the boss just before the final boss was very easy but the final boss drains your moral and you need it for veil and magic defense

Parakeetman

awww looks like there's no longer clear time in the ranking? took me around 21 hours to beat the main story.

Thats odd I wonder why they removed the clear time ranking? You would think that is one of the more common thing that folks would be trying to best each other at.

By the way once you get to the new content with the post game dungeons dont forget to use spoiler tags and such.

Parakeetman

does the skill slot items drops sometime? I used quite a few but I'll need more for some characters.

Am not sure if it drops. Dont think the wiki has updated info on drops?

Maybe try hanging out at the high lv dungeon and see

Top Bottom