• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF has more ad space on the front page now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I saw this when I logged on to GAF when I came back from work today.

goFq4U9.jpg

It's the first time I see full page ads on the GAF front page. Is this new?

Oh, that makes sense as to why the front page doesn't stretch across the whole screen horizontally anymore. Its been like that for a few days...

Well, as long as it stays on the home page, I don't think there's any cause for concern, at least to me.

emb

Oh, that makes sense as to why the front page was oddly formatted for me the last few days.

Well, as long as it stays on the home page, I don't think there's any cause for concern, at least to me.
Yeah, I think it's reasonable. I imagine most of us don't spend much time on the home page, but at the same time it probably gets tons of views, from people that bookmark or google NeoGaf.com. Hope it makes lots of money!

I look forward to our corporate-sponsor signatures below each post.

But for real, I'm fine with this. Evi and whoever else deserve that ad money.

Hip Hop

I really don't mind these at all. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing others later.

It's a gaming site after all. Cool with me.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Our current home page was designed to allow for reskins, by being fixed width. *Only* the home page. It doesn't impact content pages or user experience whatsoever and helps bring in some additional revenue.

Reskins will not be coming to the rest of the site, period. I feel that would compromise the look and feel, in part by being gaudy and in part by forcing the whole site to be fixed width, which I'm not cool with.

Obviously I don't give a shit if publishers come at me with demands and threaten to pull campaigns as punishment (K&L style). Ain't gonna happen.

Our current home page was designed to allow for reskins, by being fixed width. *Only* the home page. It doesn't impact content pages or user experience whatsoever and helps bring in some additional revenue.

Reskins will not be coming to the rest of the site, period. I feel that would compromise the look and feel, in part by being gaudy and in part by forcing the whole site to be fixed width, which I'm not cool with.

Obviously I don't give a shit if publishers come at me with demands and threaten to pull campaigns as punishment (K&L style). Ain't gonna happen.

Good man.

Mortemis

Banned
Evilore won't stop until he can get ads on our fridges.

Tbh I'm okay with it, you never really have to go to the home page anyways so it shouldn't be a big deal. It'll rake in dough from mostly visitors since most members probably rarely visit the homepage. For me I have my subscriptions as my bookmark anyways so I never even see it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, should I be getting adverts down the sides of the homepage, like the pic in the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom