• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King to debut Extra Long BBQ Cheeseburger in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
News: Burger King - New Extra Long BBQ Cheeseburger:

Burger King essentially doubles up on the Rodeo Cheeseburger for the new, limited-time Extra Long BBQ Cheeseburger. It's basically two Rodeo Cheeseburgers served on a long sesame bun (the same as you'd find with the Original Chicken Sandwich).

If we're being specific, it is two flame-grilled beef patties side-by-side (alas, no extra long beef patty), topped with American cheese, onion rings, and barbecue sauce on a toasted long sesame bun.

A price hasn't yet been announced but I would guess the suggested price would be $3.99.

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that, at that price point, buying two Rodeo Burgers (at $1 a piece) and adding a slice of cheese to each (a 50 cent upcharge although it may vary) would cost $3.

While the Extra Long BBQ Cheeseburger is new here, it's something that's been offered before over in a few countries in Europe, but with three patties instead of two, which pretty much means our version would simply be the "Long BBQ Cheeseburger" over there.

Nutritional Info - Burger King Extra Long BBQ Cheeseburger (202g)
Calories - 590 (from Fat - 250)
Fat - 28g (Saturated Fat - 11g)
Sodium - 1080mg
Carbs - 62g (Sugar - 14g)
Protein - 22g

ZflK1SY.jpg

malfcn

Mhhm. That looks mighty tasty to me.
But you may get more value getting a bunch of smaller things and combining.

Does BK have a McGangbang variant of it's own?

Esch

Banned
That's just a double cheeseburger tho. Or two cheeseburgers added together since there's more bun.

I feel like Xia should just start a fast food blog at this point so we can get him some ad revenue

THE FOOD BLOGGER

Also, this thing looks like one of the Hungry Man Hero Cheeseburger things

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Why does BK USA always show their cokes in a glass? Do you always get a glass for free there?

Naa, it's just the default beverage. Chains that have agreements with pepsi instead of coke always show pepsi glasses.

They couldn't be bothered to make a single long pattie? Jesus Christ.

Why would they do that vs just using two normal patties?
If they did that, they would have to make them special order every time, which would take longer.

They're just repurposing their current ingredients to make something new. They learned from Taco Bell!

kehs

Banned
Why would they do that vs just using two normal patties?
If they did that, they would have to make them special order every time, which would take longer.

They're just repurposing their current ingredients to make something new. They learned from Taco Bell!

Grab the sandwich wrong and you can potentially have a patty falling out the back.

That's some bullshit.

Velinos

Burger King did this long ago. I remember the Gilbert Brown Burger promotion back in the late '90s that was effectively three Whopper Jr's spread across the Chicken Sandwich bun.

iX2Jguvwd17nf.jpg

I can't remember the last time I actually had lunch at BK. I've had their breakfast sandwiches a few times, they aren't terrible. They're generally a 3rd choice for me, after familiar local chain burger joints and Carl's.

It won't look anything like that.

Imagine that photo, then imagine what the burger would look like if it got walked on. It'll look like that.

Waaghals

Yeah, it's pretty good, but nothing out of the ordinary.
The other one in that dutch ad wasn't anything to write home about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom