• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Costco testing $4.99 -pound cheeseburgers in select Seattle and California locations

Instro

But does it match Costco's pizza?

img_3105.jpg
Sam's Club pizza is better.

I don't get the hype for the Costco food court. The food they sell there is legit gross. Sure the prices are great, but the food sucks. Their pizza is dipped in grease.

Kieli

I don't get the hype for the Costco food court. The food they sell there is legit gross. Sure the prices are great, but the food sucks. Their pizza is dipped in grease.

The pizzas are nasty, acidic things. But the hotdogs, the french fries, and the turkey provolone sandwiches are godlike.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
$5 isn't that bad price for that burger if it were sold anywhere else, but next to the $1.50 hotdog and soda combo its awfully expensive.

Ill give it a try if it ever comes to my area.

smurfx

get some go again
they need to throw in some fries to make it a really good deal. at the very least throw in a drink.

Volimar

How can you even make it back to the exit after eating that much beef. I'd be needing a nap after a burger that large.

mackattk

I have no problem with greasy pizza, I have a problem when it is literally soaking in that shit. When that shit is dripping all over your plate and down your hands and arms lol. That is Costco pizza.

Same, especially when the bottom of the pizza is literally wet with grease. You lift the pizza up off the plate and it looks like you have remnants of tomato soup on the plate.

$1.50 hot dog combo is always where it is at.

I wonder if these hamburgers are made to order or if they stick it in the warmer. I could imagine the lettuce/tomato getting kind of nasty if left too long in there.

How can you even make it back to the exit after eating that much beef. I'd be needing a nap after a burger that large.

its just a third pound burger. What? do you normally eat sliders? If anything, it is too small for the price. Would rather have a half pound burger.

shandy706

Also, that doesn't look like cheddar cheese, but I'm fine with that because American >>>>> Cheddar for burgers.

Whoa now...lets not get carried away here....

Large? Huh?

It says 1/3lb...that's not a "big" burger. If I'm doing a "good" burger, I like to go to a place that hand makes them with custom toppings....the 1/2lb or double 1/4lb are the best.

Best thing about Costco, as a Canadian, is that the Hot Dog and drink is still $1.50 up here, which means it's actually cheaper here than in the US...$1.50 CAD = $1.16 US. I hope that $4.99 price sticks, if they do bring it here.

That's 2/3 worth of daily calories for some people in a single sandwich. Would rather have a 1/4lb burger.

Cheese should be melted.

I hate that Costco loves to pimp 'organic'.

Just shop at CostCo on the weekend. This allows you to take your time and try every sample a couple of times. Go around dinner time so you don't have to cook or buy anything. Buy your bag of socks and then leave.

Dynomutt

Why not just stick the whole fucking head of lettuce in there while you're at it? The cheese isn't even melted man.
My biggest pet peeve. This can fuck up a whole burger. I specifically ask for a fresh burger whenever I go to a fast food joint. Really why me and McDonalds have beef is because they rarely melt their cheese.

flkraven

~$4 CDN (~$3 USD)poutine is pretty legit for the price

A $5 burger + poutine combo could be godlike

My Costco's poutine looks like shit by comparison. Where is this at? My Niagara Region Costco uses a much lighter, thinner gravy.

The burger is okay, but I don't think i would buy it again for that price. A double double at inn & out is much better and cost less too.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Huh. This has been a thing in Puerto Rico for about two years now. The burgers are AMAZING.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
costco pizza is not great. I always go that pesto aioli sandwich thing, hot dogs, shicken bake, etc.

Harp

Organic Beef, does Costco want to tell us something about the other beef they sell. Or by saying organic is that free dollar on cost?

Organic Beef, does Costco want to tell us something about the other beef they sell. Or by saying organic is that free dollar on cost?

I think its illegal now to say something is organic when it hasn't passed the organic criteria. But yeah many products used to have organic labeled on them just so they could mark up the price.

Top Bottom