• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Costco testing $4.99 -pound cheeseburgers in select Seattle and California locations

geomon

My biggest pet peeve. This can fuck up a whole burger. I specifically ask for a fresh burger whenever I go to a fast food joint. Really why me and McDonalds have beef is because they rarely melt their cheese.

Agreed. The cheese in that pic even looks cold to me, like it just came out of the fridge.

Who the hell puts the cheese between the bread and lettuce instead of on the burger itself?

Failures

retired_snacks_47.jpg

geomon

Is that really a problem people have with their burgers? "Oh no, the lettuce and tomato in my hamburger is hot from the juicy hot burger patty. How can I possibly eat this now?"

Sad thing is, the cheese in that pic looks better than the one in the Costco pic.

Tom Nook

Can confirm it's in Livermore. Was just at Costco there last week and the pic of it is there. They've been testing the burger there since April or May (can't remember exactly) and I personally ate the burger around June myself.

Nice. I'm doing a Nintendo Switch hunt over the weekend and plan to go far as San Ramon. I can stop by there.

Nice. I'm doing a Nintendo Switch hunt over the weekend and plan to go far as San Ramon. I can stop by there.

Best of luck on your Switch hunt. The Best Buy in Dublin (where I'm at) did get over 20 systems during the last restock but people do line up early once they see the systems in the ads.

I'll stick with going to In-N-out for my (double-double) burgers, thanks.

I'll continue to get that pizza and hot dog though. That burger just doesn't look like it'd do it for me.

Kieli

And like a billion calories.

Costco food is bad for you. Eat mcdonalds instead.

American food is why the American people are so tall, beautiful, and strong.

You need good fuel to keep the machine running smoothly.

So can you please stop hating and take that L.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So they're selling a low effort burger that anybody can make at home?

Eh.

I like a little assembly like chopped lettuce, grilled onions, melted cheese, etc.

zeioIIDX

Live in the Chicagoland area and have never heard of or seen a "Chicago-style" burger in my life.

Ditto. Came here to say this and I was born there and lived in the city for the first half of my life. Deep dish pizza? Check. Hot dogs? You know it. But Chicago-style burgers? Never heard of that unless I slept under a rock for 15 years.

Volimar

Ditto. Came here to say this and I was born there and lived in the city for the first half of my life. Deep dish pizza? Check. Hot dogs? You know it. But Chicago-style burgers? Never heard of that unless I slept under a rock for 15 years.

What about chili/chili dogs?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Had one last week. It was solid. I liked it better than their $4.99 brisket. Also one of my local Costcos must always be a test location since 2 years ago it and Gelato.

I don't get why people are freaking out over 1100 calories here. Assuming you're eating 2000 a day roughly, that's still 850-900 calories for the rest of the day.

Using the standard 3 meals..... Breakfast at 300-400 has tons of great options including even bacon and eggs + fruit or something. And dinner at 500 also has some good filling options too - a lean protein like chicken breast or fish, rice/beans, and veggies.

And if you go with some thoughts that lunch can be the biggest meal of the day, it's even better because for dinner you're not eating a heavy meal that could be just hours before bed.

norm9

damn, that must have failed faster than the Arch Deluxe

McDLT was the best gimmick burger that couldn't survive past the anti-styrofoam movement. Once MCD's switched to paper wrappers, the McDLT was already assembled they gave it to you and a little while later, it was no longer being sold.

Disclaimer- I used to use my elementary school student of the week awards which came with a free burger from McD's to get free McDLT's.

Kieli

Nothing better then waiting behind some fucktard blocking the aisle so he/she can stuff their face.

I read this as fucklard and burst out laughing. Really creative way to describe those splendiferous individuals of more imposing girth.

The pizza is a good value, especially with pizza being shitty here in Orange County, Southern California. The burger, however, is not a good deal. I would rather go to In N Out and get two double doubles.

Top Bottom