• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Welcome to NeoGAF's monthly STEAM thread, in this thread we discuss the latest games, sales and news occurring on Steam & PC.
Each month we have recommendations from our own gaffers on what new games to look out for (a big thanks for everyone who took part!)
If you would like give feedback on the thread or want to submit a game recommendation for next month - Send me a PM.
NeoGAF PC Gaming Threads is a great place to browse all other PC gaming threads on NeoGAF.

iuLqyZjMHwv5A.png

Gods Will Be Watching
- More_Badass
"The original Gods Will Be Watching was a confined and taut experience, laser-focused on delivering its bleak hopeless tale. Now
expanded and enhanced, this dark point-and-click adventure leaves the wilderness behind and brings its tough decisions to a variety of
tense nerve-wracking scenarios. From handling a hostage situation to enduring torture and more, there are no good or bad choices,
only shades of gray. Choose wisely and remember...Gods Will Be Watching."

Unrest
- BinaryPork2737
"An adventure RPG set in a fantasy version of ancient India, Unrest is a game that looks fairly interesting. Players see the game's
narrative through the perspective of four characters from diverse backgrounds, and every person in the game's world will have their own
opinions of each character thanks to the complex conversation system in place. The choices you make matter, influencing the
reactive narrative even if one character dies, or if another simply gives up on their goals. Combat is "based on the fencing simulation of
Sid Meier's Pirates!" according to the developers, but combat is always personal, and is entirely avoidable; you will always know who
you are fighting and why you are fighting them. Plus the game has full mod support if that's something that interests you. Unrest seems
like a game with a lot of potential if it fully delivers on everything it promises."

Murdered: Soul Suspect
- jshackles
"Murdered: Soul Suspect is a supernatural adventure from Airtight Games. You are Ronan O'Connor, a detective of the Salem
Massachusetts police department, and you've been murdered by a ruthless serial killer. Endowed with supernatural abilities and robbed
of your corporeal form, it's up to you to find your killer’s identity before he strikes again. But you’re not the only soul in Salem that
hasn’t been able to move on, and powerful creatures known as the Dusk threaten to rip you out of reality itself. Promising hundreds of
collectibles and side quests, awesome ghostly abilities (seriously, in what other game can you possess a cat?), and a Silent Hill meets
LA Noire atmosphere, this is one game coming to Steam in June that you won’t want to miss."

Claire
- Dusk Golem
"Claire is a 2D psychological-horror game that pulls a lot from Silent Hill, Rule of Rose, and Alan Wake. Claire is a girl who seems to be
plagued by a nightmarish world that's a reflection of our own through the course of her life. Through the course of the game, you play as
Claire through childhood, teenager years, adulthood, and more. She is hunted by an unknown force that lurks in the darkness, with her
only aid and comfort being the light, and odd but non-hostile people she occasionally comes across."

Crimzon Clover
- Dambrosi
"Crimzon Clover plays most like the a cross between Soukyugurentai and the more recent Dodonpachi games, with tons of military
hardware on the ground and in the air for your singular super-ship to reduce to molten slag with either your standard pra-shooter or a
targeted lock-on laser, Enemies leave stars when they die, which you can pick up and spend in the out-of-game Shop later for additional
modes, stages and ships (at least in the original 2011 release). Also, instead of smart bombs, there's the Break Mode, which turns your
ship into a mega-death-dealing deity of fire and forget laser obliteration for a short time, and it's by using this mode at the right times that
you earn the BIG points. There's tons of medals, tons of numbers and tons of explosions on screen at any one time, but that sort of stuff
only makes it more similar to Cave's former glories. And anyone can make a Cave clone if they put their minds to it. They'll just never be
the Real Deal, and, just like with people, what makes CC awesome isn't what makes it similar to past shooters, but what makes it
unique - that which sets it apart."

GRID Autosport
- Aerocrane
"After a brief sidestep to the arcades, Codemasters beloved racing franchise GRID is back with another sequel that promises a more
realistic approach on racing. GRID Autosport features 22 locations, providing a healthy mix of fan favourites and new courses. Speaking
of fan favourites, the cockpit view makes a return alongside the controversial "Flashback" system that has become a series staple. The
new handling model will require more precision with increased emphasis on driving lines while still remaining accessible enough for new
players to grasp. Introduction of wear and tear on cars adds another layer of realism as more rugged cars start to lose performance
unless repaired and maintained. Autosport covers a wide variety of racing disciplines with cars grouped accordingly. From physical
racing with touring cars to careful precision driving with open-wheel racers there are a variety of racing styles to be enjoyed by all."

Divinity: Original Sin
- Durante
"Divinity: Original Sin is Larian Studios' incredibly ambitious - and often criminally overlooked - CRPG magnum opus. Original Sin is a
party-based turn-based open-world isometric RPG with free movement and an action point system, billed as a spiritual successor to
Ultima 7 in terms of world interactivity and structure. An old-school RPG at heart, it nevertheless features a modern and polished
execution and some new gameplay ideas. It also includes what looks to be the most complete (but of course fully optional) integration
of cooperative multiplayer in the genre yet, with the first ever cooperative dialogue mechanic in a story-based CRPG."

Company of Heroes 2: The Western Fronts
- mcfishstick
"A standalone expansion that adds two new armies, the Americans and the German Oberkommando West. Both armies will be
playable in multiplayer or in the offline skirmish mode, and the standalone nature of the expansion means you can just buy the faction
that interests you. Both will be unique in playstyle compared to the original game's factions, and both will feature new units and vehicles.
The expansion also includes a number of new maps and will allow the Western Front and Eastern Front armies to battle alongside each
other in ahistorical battles. If you're looking for an RTS and words such as Kübelwagen and Sturmtiger catch your interest, keep an eye
out for this."

1001 Spikes
- SalsaShark
"1001 Spikes (formerly known as Aban Hawkins & the 1001 Spikes) is an enhanced remake of the Xbox Live Indie Game Aban
Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes by 8Bits Fanatics. The new version is being brought to a variety of systems by Nicalis.
In 1001 Spikes, players begin as explorer Aban Hawkins searching for his missing archeologist father and the treasure of Ukampa in
South America. Players will run through the temple ruins while avoiding deadly traps. 1001 Spikes can be played single-player or with
up to four players in co-op and versus modes. The game includes more than 100 stages, two dozen unlockable characters and
multiple endings."

i3e1K7Zg1FFgT.png

iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats or post damage lists from sales.
FAQ:
  • Sites that list Steam profile Stats? - Check list, remember not to spam this thread with your profile stats:
ibqIESyjpcC7Z0.png

iBsHuI4DuuPPH.png

ib1kJmEvoSkEnZ.png

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for July (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in July that is on Steam.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 2nd July

Ruruja

Nice banner MRORANGE.

Also, never even heard of Unrest but looks neat. Thanks BinaryPork2737, looks like the new releases thing is working. :)

Uzzy

Just a reminder, this is the month where we all collectively decided to buy Divinity: Original Sin.

I like this idea. Hopefully I'll convince my best friend to pick up a copy too, so we can argue in a video game as well.

MRORANGE

Modbot is attached to this thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -- MB-65CDC411978568D6 - Taken by zerokoolpsx

Every racing game looks like Forza 5 these days :p

OP Grid Autosport is not Forza 5

thatsthejoke.jpg

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Booo my post in the other topic was the last one :(

Salsa

I uninstalled the Enhanced Steam client and community works now. Thanks Bernardno

jshackles you bastard

Might be one for Mr Orange's stats, but 22167 posts seems like a bit of an increase on previous months (since the "switch")

Given nothing much happened (relatively), you would have to think things will only get bigger from here.

Am I still alone on the separate indie key giveaway thread?

I don't think there's much out on PC for me this month. A nice break!

I'm keen for 1001 spikes. I've only heard good things about it.

MRORANGE

Is it the 1st of the month already?

Nice banners Mr-O

Superior GMT time.

Might be one for Mr Orange's stats, but 22167 posts seems like a bit of an increase on previous months (since the "switch")

Given nothing much happened (relatively), you would have to think things will only get bigger from here.

Am I still alone on the separate indie key giveaway thread?

It's the longest Steam thread so far.

Authority

Banned
MrOrange I recommend you a new avatar.

6902240164_ebe5a4fe67_b.jpg

Now that we are officially blessed for this month let the spam begin!

System Shock 2 modder reveals screens from gorgeous cutscene remake
shodan_facel_wip7-610x338.jpg

shodan_hall_wip4-610x285.jpg

xerxes_01-610x425.jpg

System Shock 2 was released in 1999 and I'm still hesitant to talk about it too much for fear of spoiling the experience for those of you who haven't yet played it. Yes, it's that good, which is why I'm not going to say anything in detail about this planned remake of a pivotal cinematic sequence until after this paragraph. But if you know what I'm talking about when I refer to "the big reveal," then you should probably keep reading.

The first appearance of insane AI SHODAN in System Shock 2 has to stand as one of the most memorable of all time. "When the history of my glory is written, your species will only be a footnote to my magnificence. I am SHODAN!" still gives me goosebumps. It's brilliant.

So when I heard about a planned remake of that sequence by Mr. Smo of the Polycount forums, my curiosity was naturally piqued. Inspired by a piece created by DeviantArt user JimHatama, which is a wonderful work in its work right, Mr Smo—actually Simon Pennington, a senior environment artist at The Creative Assembly—is setting about the task of recreating the SHODAN reveal in gloriously-detailed high resolution.

Images posted on the forum show his interpretation of SHODAN from two slightly different angles, as well as the corridor leading to Dr. Polito's body, an overhead cutaway of her office and even one of poor ol' Xerxes, the hapless Von Braun AI who fights a losing battle against her machine magnificence. There's also a "rework" of the politely explosive protocol droids we all know and love, done in the kind of detail we couldn't even dream of back in the 90s.

It's not an update of the full game (wouldn't that be nice?) but it's still a very exciting prospect. I can't wait to see what he comes up with when it's done

Credits to PCGamer

Kifimbo

A new month already...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-FECDC97A804E02E4

ArynCrinn

Banned
No idea why I thought I bought the RE5 DLC for RE5 PC on GFWL... o_O Guess I got it mixed up with my 360 purchases or something. At least that won't be effected by GFWL, but damn wish they had the RE5 DLC for PC, it was actually good imo.

And seriously, why not just fold MS and move Gears 1 over to Steamwoks, or Origin. Both would be better alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom