• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2017

maxcriden

Doesn't help that shit is releasing on different days than the eShop update.

ARMs released on a Friday. Cave Story + hit on a Tuesday. No set date means harder to follow.

Agreed! I was surprised to not see either of those in this week's PR. Granted I understand that's how they have it set up but I feel like a "recent major releases" category wouldn't be a bad idea....

Camjo-Z

Unreal to see this day finally come!

tumblr_nwdebe0OiU1uivhlwo1_250.gif

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Agreed! I was surprised to not see either of those in this week's PR. Granted I understand that's how they have it set up but I feel like a "recent major releases" category wouldn't be a bad idea....

Yeah it's also like do you put Cave Story in last week's PR saying Coming Tuesday or this week's PR and just Out Now ???

GulAtiCa

What is this day?

It's Unification Day, the glorious day where the planets came together and kicked those brown coats to the curb!

But seriously: Mine & Camjo-Z game, Drop It: Block Paradise! came out today for EU/AU! Sometime next month for NA..

Vanillalite

It's Unification Day, the glorious day where the planets came together and kicked those brown coats to the curb!

But seriously: Mine & Camjo-Z game, Drop It: Block Paradise! came out today for EU/AU! Sometime next month for NA..

Hope you people do well.

I know you work hard and care so much love and success with the new release!

Woah damn, didn't know there was a second modern set and a modern horror set in RPG Maker. Is it safe to say that all this dlc will launch in NA on the 27th aswell? The NA pr doesn't mention DLC for the game.

Really excited for RPG Maker FES. I love so many horror games made in it so I want to try my own and hope others make some. Also interested in creating an actual RPG too. I hope I can get into it and don't regret my purchase. Its a shame that its so hard to find full info on it despite being out in Japan for awhile.

Also excited for Ever Oasis since its made by Grezzo. Love the Zelda remakes and Tri Force Heroes.

I just hope neither game bomb. They deserve success damnit!

Too many "evergreen" games lateley: BOTW, MK8D, Arms, RPG Maker FES, Minecraft, & Splatoon 2 are all games I'll be playing for awhile and I don't know what to do with myself. This is truly the greatest year in gaming.

Camjo-Z

Too many "evergreen" games lateley: BOTW, MK8D, Arms, RPG Maker FES, Minecraft, & Splatoon 2 are all games I'll be playing for awhile and I don't know what to do with myself. This is truly the greatest year in gaming.

I'm seriously thinking this may be the greatest year for gaming in ages. Switch's monthly first-party classics alone are enough for me to call it, to say nothing of the awesome PS4 and 3DS games also coming out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wonder when the US will get that Hey Pikmin demo, I'd try it.

Also, this the first time that themes have been on sale? If Sega puts those system themes on sale, I will gladly buy them.

Frostburn

If Nintendo created a way to let 3DS games get ported to Switch with increased resolution and then charge users one fee for a digital version on the eShop that works across 3DS and Switch that would increase their software sales so much and be such an awesome thing for consumers. So many great 3DS games I'd love to have on my Switch to play on the go or on my TV.

BooJoh

Doesn't help that shit is releasing on different days than the eShop update.

ARMs released on a Friday. Cave Story + hit on a Tuesday. No set date means harder to follow.

This is nothing new. First party Nintendo titles (IE - ARMS) always release on Fridays. Most other retail titles (on both Nintendo systems and other platforms) release on Tuesdays. These are basically set dates for the industry. Games typically show in the PR preceding their release date. Last week's NA PR included both ARMS and Cave Story+, as well as Runbow Pocket and River City: Knights of Justice (both also released this past Tuesday.)

Most of the time games follow these standards, it just gets slightly confusing when the occasional digital-only title gets treated as a retail title and put out on a Tuesday. Or when a bigger publisher sets a completely different release date/time like what happened with Minecraft's global launch.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
If Nintendo created a way to let 3DS games get ported to Switch with increased resolution and then charge users one fee for a digital version on the eShop that works across 3DS and Switch that would increase their software sales so much and be such an awesome thing for consumers. So many great 3DS games I'd love to have on my Switch to play on the go or on my TV.

Yup, that'd be tough to pull off. It'd look weird to play a two screen game (different size screens, the top one of the 3DS is larger) on the Switch screen. When it's docked how would you use the touchscreen?

But I love the idea, I'd like to be able to play my 3DS library on my Switch. No brainer, I'd pay big money for that.

Vanillalite

Might just be kids, but my daughter loves Minecraft Switch even if we own it on a bunch of other platforms.

This might be her fav since she can play in handheld mode.

GulAtiCa

Might just be kids, but my daughter loves Minecraft Switch even if we own it on a bunch of other platforms.

I'm looking forward to Minecraft on Switch. That cross platform thing has me very excited. I have friends who play on PC while I mainly do PS4. Can't wait to start a server with them all with my switch.

River City: Knights of Justice (Natsume)
[...]
Kunio and his friends go medieval in River City: Knights of Justice! This unique entry to the River City series sees Kunio and his friends and foes transformed into heroes and villains that would be at home in any RPG! Use swords, staves, and even magic to bring peace back to Riverandia!

Whaaaaa?!?!?!?!.....

donny2112

I'm looking forward to Minecraft on Switch. That cross platform thing has me very excited. I have friends who play on PC while I mainly do PS4. Can't wait to start a server with them all with my switch.

By my understanding, the PC version (non-Windows 10) will still be separate. I think they're calling it Minecraft: Java Edition or something to distinguish it. The cross-play would be for the mobile, console, Windows 10, VR, etc. versions. Regular PC Minecraft would not be cross-play eligible, though.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I parsed the news of crossplay looking at the details.

Edit:
Yep, here we go. Straight from the horse's mouth.

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/all-news-e3

All the news from E3!

Cross-platform play! Super Duper Graphics! In-game servers!

This E3 we shared our plans to introduce the Better Together Update to unify console, mobile and Windows 10 versions of the game under a single edition. And that's not all! This swish new version brings in-game multiplayer servers, an update to give your worlds a lick of graphical paint, and cross-platform support - letting console, Win 10 and mobile Minecrafters play together for the first time!

We've put together this handy post, with a summary of what this mean for your Minecraft:

Better Together Update

A game all about teamwork, building together and creating communities shouldn't be restricted to one device, which is why our Better Together Update introduces cross-platform play, breaking down the barriers and letting people play the same complete Minecraft with each other across devices! We've wanted to integrate cross-platform for ages, essentially making a version of Minecraft that's consistent no matter what device you're choosing to play on.

So going forward, the edition you'll find on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, mobile and VR will simply be known as 'Minecraft', a separate entity from 'Minecraft: Java Edition', which is the original PC game (that we'll continue to support, of course). This means when you buy 'Minecraft', you're buying a game that can you can play with friends across devices.

Anyone playing the game on Windows 10, iOS, Android, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and VR devices will be able to play online together. If you own Minecraft for your mobile or VR device, you'll get this as a free update this summer. If you own Minecraft: Xbox One Edition or Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition, you'll receive the brand new version of Minecraft for free, and your existing worlds and DLC will come along to the new version with you. What's more, any DLC you purchase will be accessible amongst the various devices at no extra charge. (For example: if you buy the Greek Mythology pack on Nintendo Switch, you'll also own it on the mobile, Xbox One and Windows 10 Editions too - no extra charge).

Traditional PC Minecraft isn't part of the "Better Together" cross-play.

GulAtiCa

Oh I know, I was just saying PC in general. Should of clarified. I'll need to convince both friends to upgrade though. Lol.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Nintendo eShop (3DS)
Hey! Pikmin Demo (Nintendo) - Free
The brave space explorer Captain Olimar needs to collect a whopping 30,000 Sparklium Seeds to repair his trusty ship, but he won’t be able to do it alone. Thankfully, the plucky little Pikmin are more than willing to pitch in! No task is too great for these wonderfully brave creatures. Just tap on the Touch Screen in the direction you’d like to throw them – don’t worry, they don’t mind! – and watch as your colourful new friends get to work right away! The action unfolds on both the upper and lower screens, making enemies, and the fascinating world they inhabit, appear larger-than-life.

Not seeing Hey! Pikmin demo on US eShop. :(

Sorry if this was already posted.

That old school Resident Evil looking game, Vaccine, hits the Japanese eshop next Thursday.
A quick google search told me that it's also in English. Could be wrong though.

GulAtiCa

I like how that game can get a Switch release, which happens to have bad rattings & will be a port now too.. Yet I can't get into the Switch Dev scene yet...

Vanillalite

I thought a Zelda pack was coming to the Wii U one?

Not that I've heard of.

I'd be surprised if the Wii U version doesn't have support cut.

Mojang really wants to focus on the new engine and getting one version out there on all platforms for people to play together.

GulAtiCa

Not that I've heard of.

I'd be surprised if the Wii U version doesn't have support cut.

Mojang really wants to focus on the new engine and getting one version out there on all platforms for people to play together.

Maybe I misheard when they announced the Wii U Minecraft.

I doubt Wii U will stop being supported. As that 4J who does it, not Mojang, and they still handle 360 / Vita / PS3 / PS4. You know, all legacy editions. (lol)

I'm sure the Switch version will likely obviously stop being supported and likely delisted and Mojang then of course handles the new version.

I'm missing access to 3DS and DS games so much on my Switch. The break in backward compatibility is unfortunate. And also unfortunately, the best we'll probably get is repurchasing a limited selection of DS and 3DS games as a part of the virtual console.

Sparse

I feel the same, too. It being on Switch feels like I can dip in whenever I like, whereas it felt like more of a commitment on pc (for me, anyway).

Hi guys,

I want to ask about Micro SD and Switch. I have purchased a 128 GB SD that is supported by Switch but will it simply work by plugging into the Switch? I am asking this because my Switch will arrive this weekend so I wanted to know beforehand. Do I need to do anything for the Micro SD to work? Will it expand the storage for downloading games/saves/etc.

Camjo-Z

Hi guys,

I want to ask about Micro SD and Switch. I have purchased a 128 GB SD that is supported by Switch but will it simply work by plugging into the Switch? I am asking this because my Switch will arrive this weekend so I wanted to know beforehand. Do I need to do anything for the Micro SD to work? Will it expand the storage for downloading games/saves/etc.

Yes to both questions.

Vanillalite

Hi guys,

There is a small update when you plug it in. Just reboot and boom it's all there.

I just put my card in like 2 days ago. Was super easy!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hi guys,

What the others said above. Just clarifying that save games only save to internal memory regardless. Games will automatically download to SD if it's present.

ElFly

Does anybody know how many blocks River City: Knights of Justice uses?

want to get it but not if I need to clean my fridge

edit: 652 blocks!

Bowl0l

What's the best way to pay the exact amount if use a credit card?
I did get a prompt to pay the exact amount but i somehow end up in the page which forces me to choose a fixed amount to top up:
$10, $20, $50, $100
I'm lost.

TheMoon

What's the best way to pay the exact amount if use a credit card?
I did get a prompt to pay the exact amount but i somehow end up in the page which forces me to choose a fixed amount to top up:
$10, $20, $50, $100

I'm lost.

You clicked on the wrong thing. Do it again.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I downloaded Runbow Pocket....

It's definitely Runbow, Pocket. Looks exactly the same as the WiiU version except downscaled to the 3DS screen. It looks a little, small. But maybe I'll actually finish Behemoth mode now.

But yeah, if you don't already own this on WiiU, you definitely should. If you do already own this on WiiU, I'm not sure you need this at all. It's exactly the same thing as the WiiU, so yeah.

Top Bottom