• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most dangerous/awkward game to play when there are people around ?

mcz117chief

So you are sitting at home playing a game when suddenly something really mature or awkward happens in the game and you are like "damn, good thing I am alone".

My pick: Killer is Dead (dating missions especially)

tnaden

CvPtF4S.gif

roytheone

From personal experience, playing the witcher 2 on a pc in the living room created some very, VERY close calls.

StayDead

I play all kinds off stuff and I'd play anything infront of anyone if I'm honest. There's nothing my family don't know about me that my games would suddenly change their opinion of me, even iff they were lewd games.

Nightic

Neo Member
Only game where I've felt awkward was during some scenes in Bayonetta, I just wanted to shout to people passing by "NO, I DON'T have a weird hair fetish!"

zeromcd73

It was really embarrassing as a kid playing the massage scene in FFX-2 with my dad around.

Also didn't feel comfortable playing Bayonetta last year when he was around either.

SJRB

Gold Member
Metal Gear Solid 4.

Everything Vamp does, Otacon's crying, Snake peeking up Naomi's skirt, Naomi's massive cleavage, the burping monkey in diapers, Akiba shitting himself in every scene, EVA being called BIG MOMMA and having a wrinkly cleavage, Ocelot going *PEW PEW PEW*.

The list is endless.

With a slightly different slant on dangerous /akward for me it was playing any of the assassin Creed games when my 4 year old daughter walks in. You cant always avoid getting in fights, and obviously you don't totally control what kill animation kicks in, and some of them can be pretty explicit and gross.

"is he a bad man daddy"

YES

stilgar

I you wanted to have a list of all recently released hentai games, you could have just asked for it.

Nobody judges you. It's ok.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
this sounds...um...kind of naughty

It's more than kind of naughty, it's literally a game where you play as a stalker who starts stalking a mom and daughter on a subway system, follow them home, and then rape them in their house.

It stirred a LOT of controversy in the US and UK back when it came out, and rightfully so.

Gildarts

Banned
I dont know, but I found FF13 very awkward. Didnt want to play with anyone else around me.
Didnt last long till I gave up on the game tho.

Also, Tera was another game with those little oversexualized children. Alt Tab does good job for such situations

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I think the only time I've ever had a situation like that was in metro last light were you have to go talk to a stripper for a while, and earlier in the game were you have to have some weird awkward sex scene between another main character. It's just so awkward to have a family member walk in and see me playing that scene as they may think I chose this, when I didn't.

Thankfully you are able to skip the lap dance scene as it's optional, but still.

Dr. Buni

Any JRPG.
Yup. Specially the likes of Demon Gaze, Ar Tonelico and similar stuff. To be fair, those games are awkward to play even when you are alone.

An non-JRPG example of awkward game to play around people would be Bayonetta. Not because of the character herself necessarily, but because of stuff like Joy.

I always find it amusing that the games that gamers consider to be embarrassing are the ones with some sort of sexual theme to them (or sometimes awkward dialogue). But never games that are hyper violent. Even though the hyper violent games are the ones that the general public tends to take issue with.

Axass

Sex and magical girls are tame guys. It could be a little awkward at best if you're too self-conscious.

Manhunt.

I'd never want to be seen playing stuff like that by anybody. I'd actually feel dirty playing it by myself.

Dispatch

Thanks, my friend, you have saved me. I had become immune to gifs. Their charm eluded me. Then, you, you glorious techo-wizard posted this adorable feline, acting, nay, emoting,and I, I, have been reinvigorated.

No sarcasm, because that gif is awesome.

In related news, I was playing Persona 4 Golden while my girlfriend was on the couch next to me. There are some moments where I just said, "Sorry, cause, um, Japan."

Games like Candy Crush, Angry Birds, etc. Honestly, if anyone ever sees me play that I'd die of shame.

I don't give a thing about people seeing me playing games like Senran Kagura Burst.

Top Bottom