• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct S2 - TJ Combo reveal, Cinder tease.

Silky

Banned
Didn't see a thread on this, oddly enough.

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7_ZPM9T-p8

killerinstinctone-tjcombo-screenshot-1.jpg

killerinstinctone-tjcombo-screenshot-2.jpg

killerinstinctone-tjcombo-screenshot-3.jpg

Toxi

Banned
Is it weird that this reminded me of the Smash Bros Little Mac trailer?

Glad to see KI continuing.

Negaduck

That's a tiger knee if I've ever seen one.

Combo knee?

Wonder if he is an mma fighter over just a boxer.

Wait he, so always had that knee hasn't he?

Seligrafo

His voice is boring to me.

But all in all it looks good. Iron Galaxy's got the stuff to make KI even better.

B00TE

Ohhhh yes, this is awesome. Can't wait to see what else is coming, but I'm glad to see TJ Combo already.

Camjo-Z

Hopefully his theme is just as awesome as the ones that preceeded it!

Also, Cinder is cool and all... but I'm still holding out for a Mighty Bottles reveal.

damn, I absolutely hate his design

TJ_Combo_KI_02.png

on the surface they have some things right but just...the shape of the face, the cyborg shit, the aging...ugh

Razzorn34

That is one boring design. The others suck but that's just boring.

He's just a boxer with cybernetic arms. You don't have to be crazy looking to be an interesting character. Balrog in SF is a pretty simple design also. It'll be down to how his moves work in the end.

Kacho

Awwww don't really like his design. Too attached to his original look I guess. He seems kinda scrawny too. :(

Garcia

Non-troll question: When is this game actually going to be completed?

Full character rooster, no more updates.

Silky

Banned
Combo's design was always simplistic. He was just a boxer with super huge arms. Then in KI 2 he lost those arms but for some reason he had an eyepatch.

The base game was 'finished' when Fulgore was out.

bon

Doesn't look like Combo at all. He always had a simple design, but their interpretation of "simple" seems to be "nondescript."

Is it just me or did he also look really stiff? I don't think his face moved an inch in the whole trailer. Is this what he's going to look like in the game?

And that's why you get 8+ different costumes for each character, and potentially more in season 2.

Almost all of the costumes and accessories so far look bad though...

NEO0MJ

Right now we know 5 of the season 2 characters, right? TJ, Cinder, Riptor, Tusk, and a new female character. Though maybe I was confused about Riptor and Tusk and the new character might not actually be playable.

That probably depends on how successful season 2 is. But there is a chance that they're adding the real final boss with this update.

I think he looks awesome. He was probably my #2 character on KI1 (behind Orchid) and I did not like the KI2 redesign so I'm glad the eyepatch is out.

Raitaro

I'm confused emotionally Gaf.

On the one hand: Yes! More KI! Great! (It's still my main reason for getting a Xbox One so far.)

On the other: hmmm, not fully sure about his design. I like his voice and moves, but his face and body seem a bit...too much like normal human or something? Not exotic enough? I realise he always was one of more plain / realistic looking characters, but still. I wouldn't have minded if they had changed him up some more perhaps.

Also, his stage seems to be the one Orchid should have gotten (instead of the quite boring Battlefield one), while Combo's could have been a gym of the future or ghetto street scene or something. And why is his stage also dark and with a blue-ish colour scheme like so many others are already?

The Cinder tease is nice though. I can now fully start hoping for my girl Riptor and boy Tusk to be included again (knowing my luck, watch them being the two characters that won't make it into the new roster...).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

as long as there's demand for new content, they'll keep adding new content

i think their goal was 4 seasons

which at that point they'd be doubling the amount of characters in the KI universe

Top Bottom