• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct S2 - TJ Combo reveal, Cinder tease.

Delt31

If they said they're updating TJ Combo - did they say they're going to fix his face a bit so he doesn't look like he's the center from the 1994 NY Knicks.

hwalker84

If they said they're updating TJ Combo - did they say they're going to fix his face a bit so he doesn't look like he's the center from the 1994 NY Knicks.

pf3VoaW.jpg

Village

All you really had to do is change the haircut.

Hopefully he can get dreds or something.

Gestault

Wait until we see the model before saying that.

I think (hope?) they mean just in terms of successfully avoiding being a generic "brown" boobie-Barbie. I don't mean to sound too crass, but I never cared for the old design, even as someone who (maybe in a contradictory sense) liked classic Orchid. The layered armor, proportions and stance in the reveal art is more mature (in the positive sense) than I'd have expected. I'm pretty darn pleased.

That said, you're absolutely right that the gameplay model might fall flat compared to the art we've been shown.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There's no way that Cinder won't show up tonight after the KI top 8

no way

pls

Yeah.... Don't think they are revealing anyone else until SDCC or gamescom, sadly.

As much as I want to see more :(

^ as for Mick, we don't know yet. Could end up being someone else. Could be contractual issues. Could be IG really wanting their own guy. MS keeps saying not to worry, they have music at the top of their mind.

hwalker84

I think by them not confirming Mick by this point means it's definitely not him. Why couldn't they just say it by this point? Clocks ticking on hiring him.

not having mick would be a BIG mistake. He did an AMAZING job on KI S1

I had HUGE hope for KI's soundtrack and sound design and he blew my hopes out of the stratosphere. That shit was beyong amazing.

Didn't he say he was signed on for Season 2 just before Double Helix getting bought?

Skab

Mike knowing about the E3 reveal makes me think he is involved. He also teased Maya music pretty far back.

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/473818499320512513

He said that because he was doing the music for TJ's trailer. He also did the music for 2 or 3 other E3 trailers.

And anything he has teased could very well be for other games. KI isn't the only game he does music for.

That being said, I would still be surprised if he didn't come back. If nothing else, Microsoft is VERY aware of how much everyone loved the music.

Top Bottom