• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive: 900p/30fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
http://gamingbolt.com/sunset-overdrive-runs-at-900p30fps-on-the-xbox-one

The game will run at 900p and 30fps on the Xbox One, Ryan Schneider confirmed to GamingBolt. We also asked them whether there is a chance of a resolution upgrade later on, but it seems it’s not on their radar for the time being.

“If you play the game and see the experience, we are pretty comfortable where we are in terms of frame rate and resolution wise. We rather just focus on optimizing what you can see on the screen and that we think will create a better experience overall,” Ryan explained.

Expected, but still lame to see another 30fps title.

ElRenoRaven

You know I don't care about resolution but even I have to admit this 900p 30fps is bullshit. If other developers can hit 1080p then there is no excuse not to hit it. That said meh I'll still probably get it. Game looks fun as hell.

Hoping that's a locked 30fps, as the game will really need it.

Saying that, the footage form E3 gives me hope that will be the case. Seems pretty smooth from most of the footage I've seen.

pmyvlCI.jpg

it'll be a good game though

StuBurns

Banned
I'm surprised it's even that, the IQ is ass. There's a shit ton going on though, not surprising that it's a very demanding game.

You know I don't care about resolution but even I have to admit this 900p 30fps is bullshit. If other developers can hit 1080p then there is no excuse not to hit it. That said meh I'll still probably get it. Game looks fun as hell.

Well, from the videos it looks like the scale of the gameplay is pretty huge. So if they upped the resolution or upped the framerate, they may have to scale down the gameplay, which I'd rather them not do.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Hoo-doo

Banned
For what they are positioning as their flagship exclusive this year, that's a bummer.
Would have expected exclusives to get all the help they need to reach native resolutions.

Vinc

Ugh. I can't wait for the game, but I at least expected 1080/30. I wouldn't care about its resolution if it was 60fps though, it looks like the kind of game that would look and feel amazing at 60fps.

Elginer

This is gonna pretty much be the standard for all Xbone games it seems. Just is what it is. I imagine Halo 5 will be 900p or maybe even less to reach their lofty 60fps goal. Not too shabby but kind of disappointing.

Yaoibot

So Diablo 3 and Sunset Overdrive are 900p and Bungie said they will be able to get to 1080p with Destiny? I don't understand..

At what cost? All those "p"s aren't going to be free. These consoles are from weak>moderate, respectively, in terms of parts. Only so much blood you can squeeze out of a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom