• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dogs releases the Uncharted 4 trailer in full 1080p/60FPS.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_4_a_thiefs_end_2014_e3_trailer/

All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. That’s Nathan Drake rendered in 1080p full glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.

The next generation of Nathan Drake will explore what it means when Drake is forced back into the world of thieves. He will embark on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. It’s his greatest adventure yet and will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

Holy fucking crap.

hitme

1361358306636416611.GIF

Prologue

I'll believe the game looks like this when its on my TV screen and theres a controller in my hands.

I got burn too many times by too many companies.

Eusis

u4 will not look anything like that
At worst I can believe it for cutscenes where it can basically go into "tech demo mode" and have nothing else to worry about BUT rendering graphics without worrying about AI, keeping player freedom in mind, whatever.

But holy shit, this must've been what people were thinking next gen would be with 1080p/60fps. That, or they just wanted it like a recent mid-to-high range computer running last gen games, where it's the same stuff but at a rock solid 1080p/60fps with some AA thrown on, whichever.

BurnsyDelight

Neo Member
Filename also indicates this is the same Gamersyde video - aka they created it specifically to send to Gamersyde, then also decided to post it for themselves.

Cyborg

Anyone noticed the text on the last cage: For We Collect the dut reward of our deeds

Or is this old?

El-Suave

They should post the trailers for download (not streaming) on the PS store like Sony used to do. It would give them maximum exposure.

Top Bottom